"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Is this propaganda?

RogueWarrior

Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2004
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
I keep seeing/hearing about this book "He's just not that into you" and how it's "liberating" women. What are DJ's opinions of this? Is this propaganda that will undermine the DJ tactics of being aloof?
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 5, 2002
Messages
5,550
Reaction score
18
Age
47
Location
Hiding in Penkitten's Linen Closet
All I know is that the guy who co-wrote it, Greg Behrendt, is one funny motherf*cker.
 

Engetsu

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 3, 2002
Messages
471
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Montreal
It's for ugly biatches who can't keep a man.
 

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
1,041
Reaction score
5
Location
NY
I haven't read it but from what I hear the overall concept is:

If a guy isn't calling you, is cancelling plans, is acting disinterested, is sleeping with other women... it doesn't mean that he's "complicated" or "very busy with work" or "afraid of commitment" or "intimidated by you".

It just means that he just isn't that into you. so why are you wasting your time stressing over it?

I guess it makes sense and is empowering to women because they stop wasting their time in dead-end relationships (that really aren't "relationships" at all, but they were otherwise too blind to see that). Basically it keeps women from embarrassing themselves by continuing to pursue a man who isn't interested and it keeps women from having nervous breakdowns when they finally realize that a guy they're dating doesn't want anything to do with them.

But mostly I think it's a little overly simplistic.

I don't see it as much of a threat to DJs because I think it doesn't really address men who are just acting "aloof" but rather men who really AREN'T that into the woman. (Truth is, if you AREN'T into her, then you wouldn't care anyway if she stop bothering you).
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
3,264
Reaction score
22
Location
Keesler AFB, Mississippi
Originally posted by RogueWarrior
I keep seeing/hearing about this book "He's just not that into you" and how it's "liberating" women. What are DJ's opinions of this? Is this propaganda that will undermine the DJ tactics of being aloof?
Are we in cold-war-era USSR or something? :rolleyes:
 
Top