Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is Online Dating Kicking Your Azz Right Now?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Just had one plate drop me this morning saying things aren't working out. Still have the plate I am seeing from yesterday so I guess we will see how thst works out. Also thinking about contacting the 3rd plate I was seeing and dropped to get back to 2.

Aeterna

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pretty easy in NYC right now. Took a few months off from dating when the coronavirus hit to work on my body and got back on with professional photos a few weeks ago.

Hinge matches.jpg

I don't take these women on dates anymore since almost everything is shutdown. Just FaceTime to see if they look like their photos and invite them to my house.

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that conversations fizzle out a lot more atm as it's harder to get the girl out quickly. So previously I would hit up a bunch of matches at the same time, play the numbers game, and aim to get a couple out each week for dates. Moving them through the funnel quickly precisely because it's so easy for chats to fizzle out when you haven't met irl. Whereas now I'm inadvertently missing the window of opportunity to move things forward (because at times is actually impossible to meet or the girl won't). As such I'm moving more of them to instagram rather than whatsapp as it has a bit more longevity - they watch my stories and there's a possibility of getting them out when things calm down.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's pretty easy in NYC right now. Took a few months off from dating when the coronavirus hit to work on my body and got back on with professional photos a few weeks ago.

View attachment 5254

I don't take these women on dates anymore since almost everything is shutdown. Just FaceTime to see if they look like their photos and invite them to my house.
Are you worried about getting covid19 from laying them?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I've found that conversations fizzle out a lot more atm as it's harder to get the girl out quickly. So previously I would hit up a bunch of matches at the same time, play the numbers game, and aim to get a couple out each week for dates. Moving them through the funnel quickly precisely because it's so easy for chats to fizzle out when you haven't met irl. Whereas now I'm inadvertently missing the window of opportunity to move things forward (because at times is actually impossible to meet or the girl won't). As such I'm moving more of them to instagram rather than whatsapp as it has a bit more longevity - they watch my stories and there's a possibility of getting them out when things calm down.
There are a lot of strategies I use to pique interest. Conversations never need to fizzle, introduce exciting topics. Ask random questions. Gotta be interesting. Tons of places online to find these. Google questions to ask women and you'll find a treasure trove of ideas.

At one point I was going on a lot of dates so I was pushing new women back a week or week and a half...sometimes even two weeks. But almost none flaked and most were very excited to meet due to my methods.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My OLD matches are all over the place lately. I've been through phases with a lot of matches and then quiet periods
I've heard from multiple people also that these apps reduce the exposure of your profile over time, in order to make you pay for their sh!tty premium versions. My experience is consistent with such a pattern, as my profile has been the same over time, but the number of matches has greatly fluctuated.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My OLD matches are all over the place lately. I've been through phases with a lot of matches and then quiet periods
I've heard from multiple people also that these apps reduce the exposure of your profile over time, in order to make you pay for their sh!tty premium versions. My experience is consistent with such a pattern, as my profile has been the same over time, but the number of matches has greatly fluctuated.
There is a trick you can do where you delete and create a new profile to prevent this.

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Additionally I found that a lot of girls have been turned off once you move to more sexual topics. It might be cause I moved too fast or they have a bunch of other thirsty dudes crushing them with sex questions due to the lockdown.
been my experience that sets the tone for first date sex. Sometimes i hold back from bringing up sex just to experiment and see if they will. They always do sooner or later, like clockwork. Course these are older women so that might play a factor, they been around the block and know the deal.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a trick you can do where you delete and create a new profile to prevent this.
Thanks, that's right! I've actually been meaning to do this for a while now, but I was really busy with more important stuff.
A good reminder for me to do it now.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on gentlemen. I had a thought. Can we break down a few things?
1. The age of don juans having success on OLD.
2. The age of don juans not having success.
3. The age range of the women don juans are having success with on OLD.

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of strategies I use to pique interest. Conversations never need to fizzle, introduce exciting topics. Ask random questions. Gotta be interesting. Tons of places online to find these. Google questions to ask women and you'll find a treasure trove of ideas.

At one point I was going on a lot of dates so I was pushing new women back a week or week and a half...sometimes even two weeks. But almost none flaked and most were very excited to meet due to my methods.
With respect dude and I appreciate you're trying to be helpful but I used to coach for RSD I know how to talk to women lol. Im referring to the fact we're in lockdown here in the UK so it's very hard to meet up sometimes and I have better things to do than to keep girls warm on apps for months.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
With respect dude and I appreciate you're trying to be helpful but I used to coach for RSD I know how to talk to women lol. Im referring to the fact we're in lockdown here in the UK so it's very hard to meet up sometimes and I have better things to do than to keep girls warm on apps for months.
That would make things extra tough...are you allowed to go for walks outdoors or is even that not allowed?

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
That would make things extra tough...are you allowed to go for walks outdoors or is even that not allowed?
Oh yeah that's fine, it's just freezing so I'm focusing on work until the new year as I have no intention of walking around in the freezing cold.

Aeterna

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hold on gentlemen. I had a thought. Can we break down a few things?
1. The age of don juans having success on OLD.
2. The age of don juans not having success.
3. The age range of the women don juans are having success with on OLD.
I'm 27 years old and the age range I select for women is 18-22. With the younger women, I don't have to speak to them on the app for days and they are pretty cool with a simple wine and movie date at your place.

The only issue is that those women are EXTREMELY flakey so I would never just have 1 girl scheduled to meet.

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just updated my profiles and pictures and started getting more interest. I just focused on money and status and that made a big difference.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sick of the fat chicks on online dating apps that only post pics basically from the neck up.

You're not fooling anyone.
I will not even swipe right on anyone that doesn't have a full body shot or have grainy pictures(old pics). Who do they think they are fooling?

Camus37

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sick of the fat chicks on online dating apps that only post pics basically from the neck up.

You're not fooling anyone.
Actually I was fooled by this a couple of times when I first started with online dating lol.

It's getting worse as photoshopping is getting easier. It's simple to spot fat girls who are trying to hide it, but a few months ago I got stung by a girl with bad skin (spots etc) who'd skillfully edited it away in her pics. It was really bad irl and a huge turn off but you couldn't tell from her pics.

Another thing is women lying about their age or using old photos. I went out woman who was '32' on the app but who looked way worse irl: she actually looked post-'wall', whereas she'd looked good in her pics. I left after an hour.

Girls do this sort of thing a lot: an ex of mine is 33 but uses a photo taken when she was 24 on her social media. Unsurprisingly, she looked way better at 24 than she does at 33.

I've become better at screening following these negative experiences. I'll sometimes even ask for a selfie before the date if I'm unsure or if they won't give me their instagram. If their photos aren't clear or if you can't see their face properly or they have no full body shots, never go on the date: they'll always look worse than you were expecting.

Last edited:

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is anyone else experiencing a considerable reduction of replies when messaging sloots online?

Before covid I was smashing it, currently hardly any replies.

Also.. How many of you find that you do better with real life interactions with woman? But struggle to get dates online?
I have noticed a decline especially since 2014. Yesterdy i came across a womans tagline "is tinder even a thing anymore" so it's not just men noticing a decline.

OLD does get tiring after several years.

Last couple years i have started concentrating more on myself.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll sometimes even ask for a selfie before the date if I'm unsure or if they won't give me their instagram. If their photos aren't clear or if you can't see their face properly or they have no full body shots, never go on the date: they'll always look worse than you were expecting.
One good strategy is to facetime or video chat before the date if you suspect foul play.

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
+1 on the fat chicks.

I think I even made a comment on another similar thread in the past, that I got very close to adding the following in my bio:

"Please do not swipe right if you are overweight"

Actually It would be fun to see the outcome of that :p