Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Is kneeling down to propose beta/afc like or not?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats the consensus on that?

imo not really, but was wondering as i was talking to a friend about that topic..

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just don't drop down on both knees.

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bmxcetera said:
Just don't drop down on both knees.
lol, i never thought about that, but yes! that would certainly be really bad body language.

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not a fan of generalizing.

If it's done in a cheeky way, it will not be an AFC move at all.

I have known many tough guys who wouldn't kneel down for proposing but rather they prefer "bending over" in an emotional sense, in their marriages.

Don't worry too much about these, don't miss the Forest for the trees.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is the moment that women dream about when they are 10 years old combing barbie's hair with their girlfriends. they've dreamed about the day thousands of times in their head.

give it to them the right way. let them have their day.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the most alpha proposal scenes I've seen in a movie (can't remember which one, just caught it on TV one night): post-coitus, after banging his woman's brain out, as he was laying on top of her, he reached to the night stand, pulled the ring out and said "marry me". None of this kneeling beta sh1t.

Greasy Pig

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like the idea of kneeling to propose. Backbreaker makes a good point but I can't sort of get past the idea that kneeling to propose is almost akin to begging.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you kneel with a request you convey supplication and pleading.

My advice is not to do it. It won't have any bearing on her answer.

Burroughs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
getting married itself is one of the biggest chump moves a man can make

but hey if you want to be a chump might as well do it on your knees :nervous:

cause you can propose out of a convertible ferrari but it is still a chump move :rock:

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd do it, but I'd make a crack WRT the knees that you're teaching by example!

Really, if you're putting a ring on the finger, you've already decided on the traditional path.
What could a proper formal proposal hurt?

Just, when you write your own vows (not those of the church), that's maybe where you can sneak in a couple unspoken of boundaries!

SH

( . )( . )

Banned
Reaction score
Depends, is she giving you a traditional honeymoon? Is she legitimately wearing white to symbolize her chasteness?

If the answer is YES then kneel away. If the answer is NO you by all rights probably should be beaten to a bloody pulp, tarred and feathered, paraded around town and publicly shamed.

Tradition disappeared when carouselling became a national pastime.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SecondHalf said:
Really, if you're putting a ring on the finger, you've already decided on the traditional path.
That is about as traditional as the ring costing you 3 months salary (i.e a modern invention by our friends the big corporations).

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dear St,
Might as well offer your head on a platter!

SecondHalf

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jitterbug said:
That is about as traditional as the ring costing you 3 months salary (i.e a modern invention by our friends the big corporations).
De Beers specifically.

I do agree with what Jitterbug mentioned that was not the topic, but if you've not bought it ...
A bigger diamond will not get you a better deal.
It's going to end the same way regardless if it's a 2 carat diamond or less than a carat.

SH

Boilermaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
( . )( . ) said:
Depends, is she giving you a traditional honeymoon? Is she legitimately wearing white to symbolize her chasteness?

If the answer is YES then kneel away. If the answer is NO you by all rights probably should be beaten to a bloody pulp, tarred and feathered, paraded around town and publicly shamed.

Tradition disappeared when carouselling became a national pastime.
^

Golden, Mr. Tits.

I realize even more these days that feminism sh!ts on all traditional values women used to bring along into a marriage, all the while expecting men to be as chivalrous as they can be.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
the modern wedding is now all about show, peacocking, its 'her big day', The guy is the walk on part.
if you cant propose to a woman over a big mac and expect her to say yes and be right with you and alongside you for the whole trip, no fcking way you bow the knee.
I proposed to my ex wife after banging her on the living room floor, later bought her a washing machine instead of an engagement ring (her choice).
The big brash modern wedding is taking the pedestal to the Nth degree, you pay big bucks before the marriage and after the divorce, good luck with that trip

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont get it, or maybe I dont wanna get it.

You are overcomplicating your life for no apparent gain and handling all the power to her, and while asking it you also have to adopt a supplicant position?

I realize most of you guys would love to have that romance in your life, but the world which created such tradition is dead and gone, all you do now is signing a contract which handle your life to her with the government as enforcer.

I also believe it should be the women to talk about marriage first, and it should be the man to make it clear that its not gonna happen under such terms.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know what's beta? Worrying about if what you're doing is beta. Yah I know you're just asking. But seriously give less of a ****. If you wanna propose on the vomit comet in zero g, some ******* is gonna tell you it's beta as hell. Or that getting married is beta as hell. Do what you want. Know the cost and risks. Be prepared.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
These chicks these days don't deserve me kneeling in front of them,maybe in the 60s

And my grandparents was kids then,so that should tell you if I do decide to get married I won't be kneeling