Is it corny to use French to deliver a compliment to a girl?

revivedjcy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just wondering.

Is it wierd or corny or AFC to use French to deliver a compliment to a girl? (like saying u got beautiful eyes in french) I did it once, and I got some positive responses, though at the time we were all a bit under the influence. (assuming that one's mastery of French is good)

Any thoughts anybody?

i am me

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it...I guess it depends on your personality and the girl who you say it to.

Fenderules

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i think you could do it in a joking way. personally if i knew another language i'd prolly neg hit her in the other language. And if she didnt understand make it obvious im teasing her and she dosnt know what i said. I would just say something like "your feet are like monkey feet" or something.

Jager_Boy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Complimenting in ANY languange is a bad idea IMO.

johnny_chase

Don Juan
Reaction score
unless you come from where i come from, and the girls speak both languages

Skweints

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter... if you deliver the compliment in a confident matter and not in a way that you're not asking for approval, then it really shouldn't matter what language you compliment her in. If you're complimenting her in french to try to impress her, you're gonna come off as fake. You don't do things to impress her... you do them because you felt like it. And if she responds weird, just shrug your shoulders and continue on. It's not a big deal, right?

If you do think it's corny, though, then I wouldn't do it, because since you have doubts about it being corny, when you try to pull it off, it's gonna come out corny. A French dude who speaks perfect French will compliment in French... and it will come out natural because to him, it is natural. Get what I'm saying?

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it works, do it. Who cares if it's corny or not. Also, I have my doubts about this whole concept that delivering a compliment will somehow torpedo any seduction attempt. I think that's blown way out of proportion.