Interesting class dynamic ~ suggestions welcome

CantTouchMyStyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am taking a summer film class at the moment and there is one chick I am attracted to.

Unfortunately, she is in the class with two guy friends. Pretty big obstacles since she is obviously very flirtatious with one of them / the other is ugly. The one guy she flirts with has a girlfriend. So, she should be available.

Anyways, we worked in a group and I was smart enough to joke around and become friendly with the only potential obstacle. He likes me which is pretty important. But, it's still a pretty interesting dynamic since it will be very hard to isolate the chick with the two c*ck blocks present. They go on breaks together, drive there together, etc.

I am rather good with classroom game, but I haven't experienced anything like this dynamic.

Suggestions welcome ~

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sneaky, aren't we? How about not beating around the bush and asking her out. Otherwise this type of thing will land you a nice ticket to Friendsville, population you, that guy, and the chick. Assuming you did the attraction part with her, and flirted with her, not just with the guy, while she flirted with him. Also dint use others to get to the woman, it will be exposed sooner or later.

mahoney

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
look for the positive rather than the negative in this (or any) situation

the other two dudes aren't necessarily a problem, in fact they can actually help you

you don't have to work on ways to get them out the picture, do stuff with them in the picture! their presence shouldn't restrict you, use them - you can be funny, witty, interesting, all these things with them there too. If the girl likes you, she'll like you regardless of whether they are there or not, and it can work in your favour (you are less likely to be cloying or boring if there are others present!). also showing your good quality when there are others around, a) generally increases your popularity anyway (a good look!),

and b) when you are not there, they will talk about you - now they might say "that guy is cool", this is good. and they might see you as a threat and say "that guy is a ****" - this can be good too, as long as it is because they actually see you as a threat and not because you actually are acting like a **** (she'll see through them, esp if you've all being getting on well and they are just trying to downplay your value to her)

CantTouchMyStyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
PapiChulo said:
Sneaky, aren't we? How about not beating around the bush and asking her out. Otherwise this type of thing will land you a nice ticket to Friendsville, population you, that guy, and the chick. Assuming you did the attraction part with her, and flirted with her, not just with the guy, while she flirted with him. Also dint use others to get to the woman, it will be exposed sooner or later.
WTF is this nonsense? Sneaky?

The class just started. I will build a small amount of rapport before asking her out. She was flirting with me in the class, but is also very flirtatious/friendly with her guy friend in the class.

And you're insane if you don't think I am going to use this other guy as a pawn.

CantTouchMyStyle

Don Juan
Reaction score
mahoney said:
look for the positive rather than the negative in this (or any) situation

the other two dudes aren't necessarily a problem, in fact they can actually help you

you don't have to work on ways to get them out the picture, do stuff with them in the picture! their presence shouldn't restrict you, use them - you can be funny, witty, interesting, all these things with them there too. If the girl likes you, she'll like you regardless of whether they are there or not, and it can work in your favour (you are less likely to be cloying or boring if there are others present!). also showing your good quality when there are others around, a) generally increases your popularity anyway (a good look!),

and b) when you are not there, they will talk about you - now they might say "that guy is cool", this is good. and they might see you as a threat and say "that guy is a ****" - this can be good too, as long as it is because they actually see you as a threat and not because you actually are acting like a **** (she'll see through them, esp if you've all being getting on well and they are just trying to downplay your value to her)
This is a good post, ty sir.

And is my entire line of thinking.