"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

I'm in the friends-zone with an HB9 co-worker I've been with since I was AFC. Help!

JackFrost01

New Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Alright, so here's the story. Basically I've worked at the same department store for a little over a year now(June2003). I was a huge AFC when I started. Total shy nice guy letting people walk all over me and then I started to change myself. In the fall I started working out and becoming more sociable. I work with alot of girls and I talk to all of them now and I've gotten alot better dealing with girls. Unfortunetly, I only found this site around February.

Anyways, so get this. I work with an HB9(we're both 20) and to tell you the truth, I never really payed much attention to her. See, I thought that I could never get a girl like this, so I decided that I wouldn't even really talk to her. I basically ignored her(having the occational convo) until about April or May 2004. This is kind of a good thing you might think, cause I started with the C+F, Neg-hits, etc..(which all work great), but sadly, it's too late. I'm so totally in the friends zone it's not funny.

I had her busting a gut the last couple times, but when I give good eye contact, she breaks it off. Like she always has this look, no matter how hard I make her laugh, that I'm just not good enough for her(I get that vibe, she's really materialistic). She's called me cute a couple of times, which at first I thought was amazing(never being called cute by a hot girl before) but of course I now just realise that it's B.S. She probably just wants to be some AFC boy-toy, I won't let her control me though and she realises/respects me more when I tell her off(with humor).

So my question is that I'm going to be seeing this girl at work a few times a week till the end of the summer, what should I do? Should I just try out DJ techniques on her(I'm still looking for other women)? Should I try upping the kino? Become really good friends and use her as social proof?

I do really like her and I still get a bit flustered in her presence(she's got a bangin body, face, great personality) so I need some more practice. What to do, what to do?


Jack
 

"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

explusminus

New Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2003
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Practice on her, use her as social proof, but forget about dating her, it isn't too wise to date within the company. BTW if you were truely embracing the DJ way you wouldnt be sitting on the board asking, you would just do what feels natural.
 

Reflex

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
As the saying always goes, "Don't shi*t where you eat."
 

JackFrost01

New Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Yes, but you see I won't be working with this girl for much longer so I don't care. Any advice would be great.

Jack
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

SealTeamSix

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
105
Reaction score
0
contiue to do whatever .. keep sending + energies to her .. then .. when u or she leave the job .. wait a week or so .. then email her and tell her .. hey .. have not talk to for while .. lets go for coffee ..

thats what i would do.
 

Blondie

New Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2004
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Ballymoney N Ireland
look i think u should go for it if u like her then just go up and ask her out for dinner and whats the worst that could happen and if she turns you down then go and ask someone else you like out luv emmaxo
 

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 3, 2004
Messages
688
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by JackFrost01

I do really like her and I still get a bit flustered in her presence(she's got a bangin body, face, great personality) so I need some more practice.

Well my man, the first thing you can do is stop putting her on a freaking pedistal. You have to approve of 'her', not the other way around.

Glad to see your 'telling her off in a playful manner'. At least you're heading in the right direction. Now, time to tighten it up a bit. Ignore her, pretend you don't see her. If you have talk to her, come off as if you aren't impressed by her. Hell, act like you're bored. Be sure to end the conversation first, especially if it's going good.

I wouldn't worry so much about 'dating' her or whatever, consider her practice. If she responds, great, if not, who cares? You're probably getting flustered because your putting to much pressure on yourself and coming off anxious or nervous. Believe me, girls can pick up on this. And guess what, they don't like it. Confidence my boy, works everytime .
 

SIXPAKGQ

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
125
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, TX // San Jose, CA
...

once u like a girl, u become AFC. ur goal is to have fun and find a way to date the girl, then u can like and love the girl all u want.
 
Top