I'm in the friends-zone with an HB9 co-worker I've been with since I was AFC. Help!

JackFrost01

Reaction score
Alright, so here's the story. Basically I've worked at the same department store for a little over a year now(June2003). I was a huge AFC when I started. Total shy nice guy letting people walk all over me and then I started to change myself. In the fall I started working out and becoming more sociable. I work with alot of girls and I talk to all of them now and I've gotten alot better dealing with girls. Unfortunetly, I only found this site around February.

Anyways, so get this. I work with an HB9(we're both 20) and to tell you the truth, I never really payed much attention to her. See, I thought that I could never get a girl like this, so I decided that I wouldn't even really talk to her. I basically ignored her(having the occational convo) until about April or May 2004. This is kind of a good thing you might think, cause I started with the C+F, Neg-hits, etc..(which all work great), but sadly, it's too late. I'm so totally in the friends zone it's not funny.

I had her busting a gut the last couple times, but when I give good eye contact, she breaks it off. Like she always has this look, no matter how hard I make her laugh, that I'm just not good enough for her(I get that vibe, she's really materialistic). She's called me cute a couple of times, which at first I thought was amazing(never being called cute by a hot girl before) but of course I now just realise that it's B.S. She probably just wants to be some AFC boy-toy, I won't let her control me though and she realises/respects me more when I tell her off(with humor).

So my question is that I'm going to be seeing this girl at work a few times a week till the end of the summer, what should I do? Should I just try out DJ techniques on her(I'm still looking for other women)? Should I try upping the kino? Become really good friends and use her as social proof?

I do really like her and I still get a bit flustered in her presence(she's got a bangin body, face, great personality) so I need some more practice. What to do, what to do?

Jack

explusminus

Reaction score
Practice on her, use her as social proof, but forget about dating her, it isn't too wise to date within the company. BTW if you were truely embracing the DJ way you wouldnt be sitting on the board asking, you would just do what feels natural.

Reflex

Don Juan
Reaction score
As the saying always goes, "Don't shi*t where you eat."

JackFrost01

Reaction score
Yes, but you see I won't be working with this girl for much longer so I don't care. Any advice would be great.

Jack

SealTeamSix

Don Juan
Reaction score
contiue to do whatever .. keep sending + energies to her .. then .. when u or she leave the job .. wait a week or so .. then email her and tell her .. hey .. have not talk to for while .. lets go for coffee ..

thats what i would do.

Blondie

Reaction score
look i think u should go for it if u like her then just go up and ask her out for dinner and whats the worst that could happen and if she turns you down then go and ask someone else you like out luv emmaxo

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by JackFrost01

I do really like her and I still get a bit flustered in her presence(she's got a bangin body, face, great personality) so I need some more practice.

Well my man, the first thing you can do is stop putting her on a freaking pedistal. You have to approve of 'her', not the other way around.

Glad to see your 'telling her off in a playful manner'. At least you're heading in the right direction. Now, time to tighten it up a bit. Ignore her, pretend you don't see her. If you have talk to her, come off as if you aren't impressed by her. Hell, act like you're bored. Be sure to end the conversation first, especially if it's going good.

I wouldn't worry so much about 'dating' her or whatever, consider her practice. If she responds, great, if not, who cares? You're probably getting flustered because your putting to much pressure on yourself and coming off anxious or nervous. Believe me, girls can pick up on this. And guess what, they don't like it. Confidence my boy, works everytime .

SIXPAKGQ

Don Juan
Reaction score

once u like a girl, u become AFC. ur goal is to have fun and find a way to date the girl, then u can like and love the girl all u want.