Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

I'm 23 and she's 17

Samim

Don Juan
Joined
Sep 15, 2003
Messages
14
Reaction score
0
But my fear is that one day, she will want to meet other guys, and I don't know if my heart can take it... I kind of brought this up
Don't do this again. You're a man, not some insecure chump.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

AndoraStar

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
Location
T.O
My only problem w/ all of this is, the fact that you're already in your 20's and have done things she hasn't. She may regret things later.

If you love her as you say you do, give her the space and freedom to still be a teenager.

Remember age is just a number.. all the best :)
 

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 8, 2002
Messages
1,148
Reaction score
5
Location
Camp Pendleton, Ca
Originally posted by Da-OnlyX
......Is she legal?
She is in the state of Nevada! Trip to Vegas anyone???

Other than that I have good news and bad.

yes, you are an idiot.

On the other hand you're more in the vein of profound insecurity and one-itis than outright b@$$tard.

-Cyrano
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

djcaseanova

New Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2004
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
Houston, TX
here in texas anything under 18 is illegal and considered statutory rape for anyone who is under the age of 18. Even if both parties are under that age. No one enforces it though around here unless it's a true case of 'rape'. Texas has strange sex laws, ie. ILLEGAL to have anal sex, but it's done anyway.

BUT moreover back to the topic at hand... My girlfriend is 18, almost 19 and I am 23. Her parents love me... and I know she loves me. Are you an fool... depends... you are if you don't know the meaning between love and lust. If you lust over her, then yes, if you love her, then no. Love has now age limits nor boundaries... lust is dangerous, pray you don't knock her up =)
 

marketboy

Banned
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
126
Reaction score
0
djcassenova:

How long have you and your girlfriend been together?

I guess time will tell....
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
I would talk to a 17 year old in a nanosecond - get her birth date and call her on her birthday to welcome her to 'adulthood'.
 

E-Z Rider

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
501
Reaction score
0
Location
Georgia Tech
Good lord, please nobody else post anything about some random-assed state's age of consent laws. They're legal.

6 yrs, in itself, isn't a big deal.

In fact, the ages aren't the biggest deal at all. Her youthfulness presents a slightly different aspect of womankind, but for the most part just treat her like you would any woman, regardless of age. The guidelines of this site don't need to be altered much at all for this.

Where you have me scared is with the 'I'm in love with her' part. Now, there's nothing wrong with being in love, or even getting hurt by a woman. All the macho keyboard jockeys are just fooling themselves if they think they can go through life without vesting enough emotion in a girl to get hurt- and still live a fulfilling life.

What I'm talking about is the effect young girls can have. They can seem so good, so un-tainted, so energetic. And they can seem like they love you a hell of a lot- but really they don't know what it is they're dealing with. They are usually nieve and are easily swayed by men...meaning you might probably have issues with one of her 'guy friends' sooner or later. And then there's the whole maturing process she has yet to go through.

My point being, it's hard to really love someone who hasn't even defined themself yet. It's not impossible for you to be in love (and if you really are, I hope it works out), but it's unlikely. Without a doubt, you're attracted to her, but love is a very strong word to toss around.

Anyways, I say go for it. Go balls out, don't ever turn down an opportunity with a good women without a good reason. And a low probability of relationship success does not constitute a 'good reason'; the success of ANY relationship has a low success rate- it's a given. And on that note, of all those problems I and others have listed abt 17 yr old girls, if you really look the same problems (or slight variations thereof) plague older women as well. It's a mixed bag- IMO your odds aren't either hurt or helped by her being 17.

So go for it. Balls out. Don't be afraid to get hurt- if you don't get hurt by her it'll be someone else. And as always, I recommend to fulfill your life in other ways as much as possible. It makes everything better, and will ease any hurt that can come of this.

Good luck, and I hoped this helped- E-Z
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Toronto's Finest

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Thanks 00Kenny!

Thanks 00Kenny,
I've actual mentioned your suggestion about asking a girl how she'd feel if she only ever dated one man (I told them 'date', not 'slept'), and the response has been mixed so far. I have a few inexperienced female friends I keep in touch with, and half say they would wonder what it would be like to be with another man if they married their first love, but aren't sure how they'd react since they've never been in a longterm relationship :confused: ....and then I know some who said they wouldn't worry about it as long as they're happy with their partner.
 
Top