I'm 23 and she's 17

Master Homer

Don Juan
Reaction score
According to that site it's all cool in Florida until you turn 25 to have sex with 16 year old. After that it's some big ass felony. Wootah.

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, you think you're in love with a 17 year old girl.

Why so concerned? Is it because you are 23? 6 years, as a rule is not that big of a deal. However, those 6 years in particular are a big deal.

Do you want to go to a senior prom as a 23 year old?

Why are you worried about this now? Weren't you concerned about it when you first met her?

My advice would be to ease back into friendship and wait until she's at least 18 or graduated from high school, whichever comes first.

fezz

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont really think there is anything wrong with being 6 years apart. I mean, my dad is 13 years older than my mom. I just think the girl still might be in the "immature" stage where she wants to date alot of people. It seems like alot of girls are like that at 17. I dont know how she is though, but if she is a mature girl and you love her, then stay with er

c-note

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont have a big problem with the age, it's just how you seem sooo in love with this girl. I can guarantee you she just thinks it's cool that she is with an older guy and brags to all her friends about it. I can almost be sure that she will lose interest and will leave you, that's just how young girlss are.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was 23 I was crazy about a 17 year old. Listen to me because I know through experience. You could say that I learned the hard way. But would I do it again? You bet!

Unlike what most people are saying on here, I think there is nothing wrong with it at all. 6 years is not a big deal. The girl I was going out with had far less of a problem with it then I did. In fact, I quickly realized that the age issue was really only my problem and not hers. She was pleased with herself and her parents really liked me. I think they liked me because I was actually someone who could take their daughter away. I was not just some fool high school kid with no future that they didn't care about.

You will be taking a big risk with her and will have to go into that relationship knowing that you will most likely get hurt.

I can tell you that patience will be your key strength, as she will seem very distracted at times.

In such a relationship, you will have to take what you want from it. Don't expect much from her in return because she just won't think that way.

When she is 18-19 she may want to look towards other guys. If you are her first, you will have a hell of a time trying to keep her at this age. Most women want to have fun between these age of 18 to 23 (2 years is min). They don't want to get married until after they have had their fun. I know girls that have told me that it would horrible to do so. They told me that they wouldn't want to always wonder what other guys would be like if they married the first guy they had sex with.

You will have some advantages however; your age difference will give you a huge edge. You will be able to predict what your girl is going to do before she does it. She will be very predictable in a girlish way. From my experience you will have to be on top of your game with her as she will be the textbook girly girl. You will have to counter her actions and it won't be easy.

Just be careful not to over do it. You will be smarter and always in power in this relationship. So be sure not to make her feel like she is a dumb kid. My girl felt that way after a while. She ended up doing things to prove to me that she was grown up.
So be careful not to make her feel that way.

I will however warn you that you will be at a huge risk emotionally if you go down that path. It will not be easy, but there will be some great times with her.

Upon reflection of my experiences, I can honestly say that there are qualities that a girl of 17 has on a personality level that are seriously void in most women who are 23+. Her concepts of relationships won't be tainted by popular culture and she will throw herself at you. She will also show high degree of trust. After all she will be learning about relationships through you

Just don't become an AFC to her, don’t take crap from her, and always have your list of other girls that you call friends on hand.

Toronto's Finest

Don Juan
Reaction score
00Kevin,
Hey man, did this girl leave you when she hit that 18-19 age range? If so, I don't see how this relationship could have been worth it except perhaps in the sex department? My friends and I have been having this debate for ages, young innocent girls or more experienced (but more baggage) girls...I still prefer the more inexperienced girls, I'm allergic to drama :D

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Toronto's Finest
00Kevin,
Hey man, did this girl leave you when she hit that 18-19 age range? If so, I don't see how this relationship could have been worth it except perhaps in the sex department? My friends and I have been having this debate for ages, young innocent girls or more experienced (but more baggage) girls...I still prefer the more inexperienced girls, I'm allergic to drama :D
Yes the sex department was amazing. She was totally hot too. This girl was a nympho! she actually called herself that.

but, I had to break it off with her because I just didn't have the patience for it. I thought I could get more out of an older woman or someone closer to my age so I nexted her at 18. Even though we dated other people for a while I always wanted her at a sexual level. Damn I still thought about banging that girl even when I was with my last gf (who was my age). So I would say that if you find a girl you can connect with at that age and you think she will become the type of woman you are after then stick with it. Otherwise just enjoy it and know that you will have to next her at some point.

After my recent experiences with women my age and older I've had it! I'm going back to the younger girls. They are best . Older women are all F***ked up and it is mostly their fault. Some of them chose to have all their fun when they were young and now they have nothing. People say that an older woman knows how to treat a man.. well I totally disagree. most of the older women only think of themselves and are jaded. Most are worried that they are not going to get married. Well..I think they only have themselves to blame for it. We all know the saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Well the same is true with women.

Selecting a woman is like buying a car, the less mileage the better.

thisoneisasecret

Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
Yes the sex department was amazing. She was totally hot too. This girl was a nympho! she actually called herself that.

but, I had to break it off with her because I just didn't have the patience for it. I thought I could get more out of an older woman or someone closer to my age so I nexted her at 18. Even though we dated other people for a while I always wanted her at a sexual level. Damn I still thought about banging that girl even when I was with my last gf (who was my age). So I would say that if you find a girl you can connect with at that age and you think she will become the type of woman you are after then stick with it. Otherwise just enjoy it and know that you will have to next her at some point.

After my recent experiences with women my age and older I've had it! I'm going back to the younger girls. They are best . Older women are all F***ked up and it is mostly their fault. Some of them chose to have all their fun when they were young and now they have nothing. People say that an older woman knows how to treat a man.. well I totally disagree. most of the older women only think of themselves and are jaded. Most are worried that they are not going to get married. Well..I think they only have themselves to blame for it. We all know the saying, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Well the same is true with women.

Selecting a woman is like buying a car, the less mileage the better.

your just saying that because you cant handle older women like most of us can, or else everybody would be dating immature tweaked out 17 yr olds sluts.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Age of consent in the UK is 16... then it's all good, you can be 40, 50 or whatever... as long as she is 16 then you're good

Now, there's 2 different worlds here... you've got the cats who don't go to college route, who get down and start the hooked up / married life at 18 or 19... she could be one of those, but you don't mention it... or alternatively she could be the college girl, in which case I would leave it well alone...

If you've been to college then you KNOW what happens...

Personally, if you can bring yourself to **** with a 17 yr old at 23 then get some...

This whole love thing... please tell me that you're actually together, and this ain't just some girl who you know that you've got a thing for... please tell me that she's aware of your interest in her at least

If you can't answer those with a yes then you're just settin yourself up for an awful big fall...

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thisoneisasecret
your just saying that because you cant handle older women like most of us can, or else everybody would be dating immature tweaked out 17 yr olds sluts.
If you mean that I don't put up with crap then yes you are correct. I don't stick around for bull**** even from older women. I'm just saying that I've had more fun with younger women then older women.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by thisoneisasecret
If you mean that I don't put up with crap then yes you are correct. I don't stick around for bull**** even from older women. I'm just saying that I've had more fun with younger women then older women.

waffler

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you really love her go for it, age will nothing but a number but make sure you get to know her parents and they like you cause if they dont have a fun time trying to get her out of the house

Skel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WEll your 23 and shes 17. If you really want to pursue this, for the love of god, for your own sake, dont screw until shes 18.

Toronto's Finest

Don Juan
Reaction score
Toronto's Finest

Older women are good if you're looking for sex, someone who can pay their own way and has a car, or someone who can teach you a few things in terms of drama, life advice, etc. I've dated women my own age and they helped me out a lot at school, by buying me nice things, and they could afford to dress the way I like them to, basically they have the means to custom design themselves to your wishes. Oh, and less of that strict parents crap, they're independent and mobile. However, the main problem with them is the baggage from their past, the negatives they received on the road to their positives (like stupid b!tchy attitudes/egos which have become habitual by this time).
I've dated only one young girl (she was 17) at the time. To be honest she was one of the most flexible, giving and attentive girls I've dated, she was a virgin, attractive, had a high toleration of my bad habits and NO baggage! Inexperienced girls definitely seem more longterm material. The only reason we broke up was due to my guilt (I was in multiple relationships at that time :( , and decided to just break up with all those girls because I needed time to get my head together and figure out what I want from women...it's hard to do that when you're banging 3 different chicks :D)

However, because I have never dated a young girl throughout her college experience (we broke up when she was 19), I was wondering what happens to those girls that may make them change in college? Assuming she's a decent and good person to begin with...and she has a high interest in you to start off...do all girls flip out and want to try other sexual partners when they're in university? I need some advice here, I want to know how wise it is to date younger women for a longterm relationship.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Toronto's Finest

Originally posted by Toronto's Finest
However, because I have never dated a young girl throughout her college experience (we broke up when she was 19), I was wondering what happens to those girls that may make them change in college? Assuming she's a decent and good person to begin with...and she has a high interest in you to start off...do all girls flip out and want to try other sexual partners when they're in university? I need some advice here, I want to know how wise it is to date younger women for a longterm relationship. [/B]

Well.. I agree with all of what you said. The girl I dated that was 17 is now married at the age of 21. She found her guy about a year ago. Perhaps her realtionship with me helped her to mature more, who knows. She did however go through a phase where she needed to have fun. If you sense that this girl is going to go through that phase then just next her. It really isn't a big deal. You have to keep in mind that there are 1000's of other girls just like her. If however, she isn't that way then I guess you lucked out. All you really have to do is ask her how she would feel if she only ever slept with one guy (the guy she married) . her response will tell u all you need to know.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I were you I'd worry about the drama you could have if you started fucking her now. If you're in love with her as much as you say you are, then you should have patience for her.

Just wait till she turns 18. You'll have less than a year of blueballs, but it'll be worth it. If you're not as in love with her as you say you are then screw other chicks and leave her alone. *shrugs*

Unless you have a hard time getting chicks who are legal? I don't think you have that problem, personally.

marketboy

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for all your responses!

To all those who keep commenting about waiting to have sex with her.

Well we have had sex, and where I am from the age of consent is 16 so it isn't against the law.

Kevin:

I appreciate your post as I see you can relate with my situation. The truth is, this girl seems like a good girl, and we both totally stated our feelings for one another... She isn't a virgin, as she told me she was with 1 guy before me. I've met her parents, and while they are strict and do want her come early, I can't say they forbid us going out. I will probably introduce her to my parents as she keeps putting pressure on me to do so.

I really do love her, and yes I know her age before I got involved.

But my fear is that one day, she will want to meet other guys, and I don't know if my heart can take it... I kind of brought this up, and she said, she only loves me, and if she wanted to she could meet guys right now without going to clubs...

THe bottom line is I have dated a lot of ****, mostly around my age, and this girl is just great. I guess I'll go down with this ship....

dollashort

Don Juan
Reaction score
i think kevin is right.
u gotta think though:
in 2 yrs time dont be surprised if she changes her personality completely.
you're going to do plenty of spending

and hey, in 2pac's "me and my girlfriend", his gf was 17 as well.