I want to smell good what are some good colognes

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I recently received the small bottles of Coty Raw Vanilla and Givenchy Pi (that dam-n Pi is expensive, twice the price of the Coty). I tried both on, on different days. The Raw Vanilla is a little strong at first, but after about 5 minutes, it mellows out some and leaves you with a really rich vanilla scent.... it is appropriately named. While I liked the vanilla, there seemed to be another scent mixed in with it that ruined it for me.... something that I suppose they used to try to keep it smelling masculine, but I didn't like it whatever it was. I swear I have smelled this one before on a few people. The ladies might love this stuff, but it doesn't matter to me unless I like it, so it gets a 3 out of 5.

Now the Pi.... For the price, I expected it to be as good as the Acqua di Gio and Versace Dreamer I already have. I will start out by telling you the three are very hard to compare. While the Gio is an ever-so popular citrusy fragrance, and the Dreamer is more of a "green" fragrance, the Pi is in a completely different category. Honestly I can't describe it well, but on my skin, it smells like a combo of vanilla and something else like baby powder.... it is really sweet smelling too, probably just too sweet for me I guess. I give it a 3.5 out of 5. I like the stuff, and will probably wear it occasionally, but I won't be buying more of either cologne. I don't know yet what the ladies think of them, but I can't say that I care that much.... I will stick with the ones I like best. Well, there you have it. Oh yeah, keep in mind that these smell somewhat different on different people because of body chemistry and whatnot, and your tastes might differ considerably from my tastes, but I guess this gives you a general idea of what they're like.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man by Rochas
Eternity by Calvin klein

I also got Indivduel by Mont Blanc, but it doesnt really match my body chemistry as well as I thought it would. Rochas is that piff

SinisaD

Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought the Hugo Boss : Energise cologne the other day and got quite a few compliments on it. I got to say its quite nice!. tho I do recommend one spray it seems to be powerfull and it's long lasting.. one spray lasted on me for about good 6 hrs!

But as always get some samples first and test them out on yourself because each cologne reacts differently with ur chemistry.

-Sinisa

Vasa

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got "Signature" by Kenneth Cole today, really liked the smell. Also i tried quiet a few of those, the Armani ones didn't please me at all. Also i have "Escape" by CK, by i don't wear it to often.

Egoist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
probably been mentioned before, but my top 3 right now are:

-Chanel Platinum Egoiste (of course)
-Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male (or whatever its called)
-Armani Black Code (latest acquisition, really good sh!t)

Xericx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually don't buy a cologne twice.

My all time favorites:

Jean Paul Galthier (I actually might go round two with this one).

Chanel Platinum

Issey Miyake (bought this one twice)

Right now, my rotation is:
Jil Sander for Men

Cartier Concentree (this one was expensive, like $100, but I use it mainly for work and it smells "professional")

and Dunhill Red

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My best results have been with Curve, Armani Mania, KC Black, and Drakkar Noir.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I gave up on the Black Code. I kept having guys turn to the nearest girl and tell them how good they smelled. There is a paradox for each gender when purchasing their own perfume/cologne in that what smells good to one gender may not smell good to the opposite sex.

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, you are not purchasing a fragrance(s) just for the sole purpose of attracting women (because that is just sad). You are purchasing it because you *personally* enjoy the aroma of the fragrance chosen, remember that.

BTW: It has been mentioned *MANY* times before, do not overdo it with spraying all over your body :eek: (you will be rank and no one will stand to be around you), and you deserve a kick to the face if you do :trouble:. Cologne is a personal thing, use it in a subtle manner e.g. dab behind your ears, dab slightly on the sides of your neck, a dab on both wrists (rub wrists together).

jetscreamer

Reaction score
I'm a noob but been lurking round here for a minute. Great forum.

I've got tons of different cologne that I switch up and I can def say Kenneth Cole's Reaction always does the trick... not my favorite but most girls go crazy over it. I can also 2nd Pi and Issey Miyake (tho im sick of that one).

If anyone is interested in some colognes for less hit me on PM or email.

also check out the reviews at perfumeemporium.com - its helped me alot. btw... I have no connection to that site.

Sorry if it's all you can afford but that axe/etc stuff is awful. Smells pretty cheap/synthetic compared to the real thing

BlackAccord

Don Juan
Reaction score
So reading over all 7 pages, I'm getting the idea (just basing it on reviews and how many times it was mentioned) that a few of the best are:

Armani Black Code
Armani Acqua De Gio
Hugo by Hugo Boss
Dolce and Gabbana
Versace Dreamer
Candies

Very Cheap Alternatives
Axe Tsunami (the cheapest!)
Coolwater

Look good as a top 6(in no order)? Someone want to give a thumbs up to that list?

dikster

Don Juan
Reaction score
For daytime, I use Clean for men, since the scent of this edt has "out of the shower" scent, makes you smell fresh. For evening parties, I prefer Issey Miyake or D&G, make you stand out from the crowd. :yes:

Muphaser

Don Juan
Reaction score
cool water
issey miyake - white
emporio armani
fcuk 2 to throw around.... nice smell tho

bud_2005

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
white cloud 8 said:
First off, you are not purchasing a fragrance(s) just for the sole purpose of attracting women (because that is just sad). You are purchasing it because you *personally* enjoy the aroma of the fragrance chosen, remember that.
Uh the purpose of wearing cologne and smelling good is to attract women.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skipping all other posts...

Scents I like

Candies for Men
Curve Crush for Men
Cool Water
Drakkar Noir

mistermarc

Don Juan
Reaction score
"chrome" by azzaro, "black" by kenneth cole, "blv" by bvlgari, "good life" by davidoff, "be delicious" by dkny, "blue jeans" by versace, my favourites.......but my advice to you....try not 2 get the very popular ones that every joe has...find one u like!

Heart Break Kid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Great topic. I have two scents that girl's have either told all their friends about (who come up and try to steathily smell me) or have commented are really hot/sexy:

Paradise by Alfred Sung (exotic smell, I can't get any girl from tropical countries to leave me alone--works for normal girls too)
PI by Givinch (lovely vanillaish smell)

Oh, and a genius on this forum once said a drop or two of vanilla extract in your cologne can make all the difference.