Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I want to smell good what are some good colognes

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, cologne should not be in stores like Marshal Fields. They charge you way too much mark up. Go to those stores and test the product, then log onto Ebay.com and bid. I saved $25 on the last bottle of colgne i bought.

My picks are Issey Miyake, Polo Blue, Lucky Brand, Candies and Very Sexy. All of those have been tested and girls love em.

I remember sitting in a group of people drinking. One girl suddenly asks "Wow, who smells so good?!". Of course i keep silent :) She starts walking around smelling people... guess who it was? :)

Issey Miyake is my Fav right now, I mix it with Very Sexy sometimes.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What were you wearing when she said who smells good?

Just wondering cuz i just broke my bottle of Coolwater and i love that stuff but it's kind of an old brand.

Poindexter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Shezzler
I use Platinum Egoiste by Chanel (for men)

About $75 but real good stuff
My weapon of choice since I was 17, it's a lady killer, just picked up a new bottle last week.

I also use Ralph Lauren Safari - it's raw man stuff, but again very expensive. I can't afford to get a bottle right now.

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Poindexter
My weapon of choice since I was 17, it's a lady killer, just picked up a new bottle last week.

I also use Ralph Lauren Safari - it's raw man stuff, but again very expensive. I can't afford to get a bottle right now.
It's also my favorite cologne :cool:.

mvp21

Don Juan
Reaction score
al you need is axe old spice or tag thats all i wear an constanly get complimients on how good i smell by complete strangers

wipz

Don Juan
Reaction score
That cheap stuff smells good but EVERYONE wears that stuff man. Hell I have it and I usually don't get the crap everyone else has. I use it for like daytime use a few times a week but at night when I'm going out I throw on Acqua Di Gio or Dreamer by Versace. You really can't go wrong with either.

That cheap stuff man, if you go out I bet half the guys around are wearing the same crap. I would just stick with the stuff you hear on this.

FORMER MARINE

Reaction score
Colognes that will turn heads

Top Colognes for turning heads. Remember each cologne reacts differently depending on the person's body chemistry.

Acqua Di Gio by Armani (Versatile: Great anytime making this very popular)
Dreamer by Versace (Romantic)
Dolce Gabbana pour homme by D&G (Evening)
Pleasures by Estee Lauder (Clean daytime my wife loves this)
Lacoste by Lacoste (A Sleeper in the cologne world)
PI by Givinchi (Vanilla smell women love this)
Bvulgari by Bvulgari (Sophisticated)
Hugo by Hugo Boss (Classic)
Polo by Ralph Lauren (Classic)

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
fwiw, I just spoke with Dillard's and they said that they are discontinuing Nautica Lat&Long and Issak Myaki.

My old favorite, CKbe, has also been discontinued. It had a moisturizer product as well. Can anyone recommend a cologne that also has an moisturizer product?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just tried several colognes. I'm waiting for a female opinion, but my 3 favorites are Romance and Reaction for a daytime smell, and Armani Black Code for a night-time scent.

Kenneth Cole New York has also been discontinued.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
female opinions
http://lounge.bust.com/discus/messages/15/31111.html?1124576325

"My dude used to only wear Armani Black Code, which I love, but then I gave him a little bottle of Ralph Lauren Romance for Men, and now he wears both. He smells good even when he smells bad."

"This other guy I dated wore a sandalwood/vanilla oil combo that pretty much made my underwear fall off whenever I smelled it. Still does, actually."

Most of them hate Axe, but one girl likes it.
"Someone listed Axe 'Tsunami'!!! It's got such bad associations (stupid commercials, guys desperate to get laid) but I LOVE it. I don't know why, but it's instant-horny for me every time."

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried a tester of Romance. It smells perfumey, but women like it. I also tried Armani Black Code. My hot teacher was all over me. She wanted to be three inches from me when we were talking. I watched her then talk to some other students and she was never closer to anybody than arm's length away. The black code smells like sandalwood I think.

Sandalwood is apparently an ancient aphrodesiac scent. The best stuff comes from India.
http://www.plantcultures.org.uk/plants/sandalwood_grow_it.html

My verdict with the colognes will be the two I tried, plus I am going to order some sandalwood oil and some vanilla oil and try each separately and then try the two mixed. I also like Pi, but I am going to try plain vanilla oil first.
http://www.pioneerthinking.com/perfumes.html

http://www.essential-depot.com/essential-depot/1503-n.html

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wal-Mart now sells Romance. It's ten bucks cheaper than the mall. The bottle is stupid. Cologne should not be in clear glass. The box and wrapper are black cardboard. Maybe I will wrap it in electrical tape to light-proof it, because I am going to keep it in my car.

I tried some Axe Tsunami. It is synthetic sandalwood. If you only have four bucks and you want to smell good, this is as good as it gets.

Also, for an after-shave moisturizer, Nivea "Fresh Cooling Balm" smells better than the Calvin Klein stuff and is only five bucks.
edit: but owww_it_burns wtf??? It says "cooling after shave balm" and it stings like crazy. No wonder it was only five bucks.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Armani Black Code is imho the best cologne. I talked to the saleslady about it, she said that it fades out to a sandalwood smell. To say this stuff attracts women is very true, at least in the sense of proximity. They inch closer to you so that they can smell you better. The RL Romance is ok for a daytime scent, but the Black Code is superior in terms of attraction. It's the sandalwood, I am convinced. Sandalwood scent has been used to seduce women for thousands of years.

iCY

Don Juan
Reaction score
i thought it was a bad idea to buy cologne off ebay? someone told me they dilute it then sell it =/

white cloud 8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bible_Belt
Along those lines, I wonder if Wal-Mart is cheaper because they have older stock.
They will smell like crap and cheap, I can't stand those cheap-ass smelling cologne knock offs. It just makes you....ewwwwww....

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of them are the knock-offs, but some Wal-Marts actually carry some real-brand cologne. I bought RL Romance there. But 95% of their stuff is crap, you're right. I wore Gravity in high school, and I still laugh when I see it.