Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I am extremely book smart, how can I...

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
use this to do better with women? (I have a bachelor's degree in business, and earned almost all A's throughout my time in school)

Also, one year I did a little over 100 approaches which overall didn't amount to much. What should I try to do next within a year: 200 approaches, 500 approaches, 1000 approaches, or something else (and if so, what?)?

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me ask this: Have you leveraged this degree into a well paying job or starting a business with a high upside?
I just ask because I think being successful and independent can help a man carry himself better, and have more confidence.
Such a man is aware of his own value, which can help him avoid a scarcity mindset.

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way your book smarts can help you land women is helping you find a stable job or business, which is attractive in that you have money and are successful. You will not attract a woman by boring her with your lectures on molecular structure. Book smarts are good for many things, women are not one of them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way your book smarts can help you land women is helping you find a stable job or business, which is attractive in that you have money and are successful. You will not attract a woman by boring her with your lectures on molecular structure. Book smarts are good for many things, women are not one of them.
Agree. But a guy has to maximize his strengths and minimize his weaknesses. I wonder if the OP has some other attractive attributes that he can use?

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
100 aproaches is good start. Try 1000 approaches then. Open with Hi Susan, you remember me from so so class? What? You are not Susan? You look like her, oh well, my name is.....

I did this once and the girl really did have that name and was a student and I frooze there in shock.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
unfortunate book smarts mean sh!t, sorry school kinda lied to you, far better having experience then book smarts, and only way to get experience is going out there, learn to take risks and learn from then, even better if you can learn from others mistakes

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Book smarts don't help. Even if you date 1000 women, if you're in your head trying to make sense of what she's saying or doing, trying to fit that with something you've read, you're going to fail because you aren't in the moment, you're distracted. If book smarts or intelligence mattered, dumb guys would never get laid. But that isn't the case.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
use this to do better with women? (I have a bachelor's degree in business, and earned almost all A's throughout my time in school)

Also, one year I did a little over 100 approaches which overall didn't amount to much. What should I try to do next within a year: 200 approaches, 500 approaches, 1000 approaches, or something else (and if so, what?)?
The quality of the answer is directly dependent on the quality of the question.

If you read as much as you do (I read every single day) you know what I mean. The difference is that I read for a different purpose that has nothing with women. In fact, women are a huge distraction.

So please rephrase your question to get the best quality answer.

Modern Man Advice

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Target nerds and sapiophiles. They will usually tell you one way or another they're into geeky/bookish guys

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Target nerds and sapiophiles. They will usually tell you one way or another they're into geeky/bookish guys
So the assumption is that a sharp man who reads and betters himself constantly is not sexually arousing?

TheCharmingGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Smart does not equal nerd. Be smart, but not a nerd. It’s easier than it sounds. I have a high iq but I don’t flaunt it, girls can tell if you’re smart without you telling them.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So the assumption is that a sharp man who reads and betters himself constantly is not sexually arousing?
The idea is to maximize your sex appeal. A sapiophile is somone who is sexually attracted to intelligence, and girls who embrace geek culture tend to be as well. If you're a bookish and smart guy who targets tatted MMA fangirls, then yes you might have problems.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OP, are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Besides being a bright/bookish vs common sense person, introvert vs extrovert makes a huge difference in how you interact with women game wise.
I am an introvert.

Josh Davidson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
100 aproaches is good start. Try 1000 approaches then. Open with Hi Susan, you remember me from so so class? What? You are not Susan? You look like her, oh well, my name is.....

I did this once and the girl really did have that name and was a student and I frooze there in shock.
Ok. I'll try for 1000 approaches in 1 year. Thank you!

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am extremely book smart, how can I...
....use this to do better with women? (I have a bachelor's degree in business, and earned almost all A's throughout my time in school)
Hi Josh, I am also what many would consider 'book-smart' (in your words) - MPhys (hons) - 'Physics with Astrophysics'
The first in my family to go to University - Early 80s in UK, only the brightest got to attend university to study an academic subject (as opposed to vocational)

I can honestly say that apart from a couple of student g/fs while at Uni, my education has had very little effect on approaching.
The approach is mostly about presentation and confidence imho.
I suppose a good brain does help indirectly if you can carry a conversation - you come across as more interesting in the mid/long-term.
It does little to nothing for me as far as the initial opening goes though... but once I get them on a date... I'm usually golden.

The only times my specific field has directly helped, have been a few women who had a hippy/spiritual interest in stargazing.
Outside at night.... point out and name some stars and constellations... add in a bit of star-lore/mythology.... putty in my hands - LOL
Though I can count on my fingers the number of times that opportunity has come about.

TL-DR
Keep approaching - build confidence - and use your wit when you get a 'bite'