Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

I am an exception to the rule

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My current girlfriend has been my best friend for over a year. It's probably the best relationship i've ever had. This proves that there is hope to start a relationship with a friend, but i still don't recommend it. Any thoughts, opinions, or questions?

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone likes a story with a good ending (at least to this point), so why don't ya stop gloating and tell yours.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yay for exceptions, now go back to GBS fag.

(SA humor, don't take me seriously)

Thats super, I'm still interested where you find these rules?

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Indeed, those are by far the best relationships, but can also be the most hurtful ones if they happen to end.

Remember, the streets are real cold... and everyone ends up there at one point in their life or another. If that relationship ends, it'll be really difficult to overcome. Trust me, I know.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Rockstar
well, there you go beliving everything you read..
the thing about women placing you in the friend zone
forever if you dont come off like you want them is
compleat bull shizt... it can work from friends and it dose
its just the other way has better chances.
No it doesnt.

You can still do it that way. But in my experience, it doesnt work out too good. All the women I've been in a relationship with were snapped up pretty fast. Within the space of about 2-4 weeks with them wanting exclusivity[if thats a word. if not, it is now ;).

All the girls I'm 'friends' with... I could screw 2 of them. The rest I hardly talk to.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AC/DC
Indeed, those are by far the best relationships, but can also be the most hurtful ones if they happen to end.
They ****ing rock. But they ****ing hurt.

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by Vincent
Yay for exceptions, now go back to GBS fag.

(SA humor, don't take me seriously)

Thats super, I'm still interested where you find these rules?
Do you have stairs in your house?

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the benefits of this so far. It's like we can skip all of the bullsht w/dating and taking things really slow for a while. we already know eachother good enough for it to be comfortable. At first i think girls think it'd be weird kissing their best friend. I think you should gradually take the friends thing to the next level.

Bring it up for a while and see what she says. If she denies it then act like you're not hurt. But then start ignoring her, but not to make it seem on purpose. She'll catch on that you're avoiding her and will be hurt. Most girls will see drama and run to it and try to make things better.(depending on how good of friends you are) Anyway kinda play hard to get. The trick is convincing her that she wants you. I dont know, this all might sound confusing right now but its 4:00 am, i just had a football game(we won our senior night!), and i need some sleep. Def happy with the whole best friend/girl friend thing.

PS- Anyone seen 'Lorenzo' around? I'm sure he'd like to know i'm posting again. :D

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ABM
My current girlfriend has been my best friend for over a year. It's probably the best relationship i've ever had. This proves that there is hope to start a relationship with a friend, but i still don't recommend it. Any thoughts, opinions, or questions?
i do not know if this had already been mentioned in this thread as i did not read all the replys, but i will tell you somthing...you are not an exception to the rule, the rule is not that if you make a girlfreind of a freind it will not work, it is that if you split up it is very lightly that you will no longer be best freinds.

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Question : how'd it happen?
She had known i've always had a thing for her, because thats how i first started getting close to her. The only problem was she had a boyfriend when we first started talking. And then she broke up with him and was single for quite a while. I think she got kinda lonely and realized we had something special, so decided to go with it?

She had told a friend of hers who's a friend of mine that she thought it'd be weird just kissing me. Well we kinda kissed a few times being drunk. And then eventually it didn't feel weird kissing sober because we'd done it before. I guess alcohol kinda helped me out there but i'm pretty sure it would have happened anyway.

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are no rules...

Jester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mad dumbasses in the joint these days.

sosuave is really going down the drain. seems like all the people that knew what they were talking about stopped posting here.

Alright listen dude. There are reasons for everything. First off, you have to have a ****ing definiton of what "friend" is. I have mind and use it to make logical references when asked about the friend zone.

So what i say to you is this, YOU WERE NOT IN THE FRIEND ZONE. ANd thereby you are an exception to nothing.

Jester always ends posts.

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hehe.