"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

I am an exception to the rule

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
428
Reaction score
0
Location
illinois
My current girlfriend has been my best friend for over a year. It's probably the best relationship i've ever had. This proves that there is hope to start a relationship with a friend, but i still don't recommend it. Any thoughts, opinions, or questions?
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

wcknightjr

Don Juan
Joined
May 26, 2004
Messages
137
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Kansas City
Everyone likes a story with a good ending (at least to this point), so why don't ya stop gloating and tell yours.
 

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2002
Messages
3,595
Reaction score
5
Age
40
Yay for exceptions, now go back to GBS fag.

(SA humor, don't take me seriously)

Thats super, I'm still interested where you find these rules?
 

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 16, 2003
Messages
1,270
Reaction score
3
Age
38
Location
hyphy bay area, ca
Indeed, those are by far the best relationships, but can also be the most hurtful ones if they happen to end.

Remember, the streets are real cold... and everyone ends up there at one point in their life or another. If that relationship ends, it'll be really difficult to overcome. Trust me, I know.
 

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
978
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Mansfield, Notts
Originally posted by Don Rockstar
well, there you go beliving everything you read..
the thing about women placing you in the friend zone
forever if you dont come off like you want them is
compleat bull shizt... it can work from friends and it dose
its just the other way has better chances.
No it doesnt.

You can still do it that way. But in my experience, it doesnt work out too good. All the women I've been in a relationship with were snapped up pretty fast. Within the space of about 2-4 weeks with them wanting exclusivity[if thats a word. if not, it is now ;).

All the girls I'm 'friends' with... I could screw 2 of them. The rest I hardly talk to.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by AC/DC
Indeed, those are by far the best relationships, but can also be the most hurtful ones if they happen to end.
They ****ing rock. But they ****ing hurt.
 

Evil-Rom

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 27, 2003
Messages
858
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
Originally posted by Vincent
Yay for exceptions, now go back to GBS fag.

(SA humor, don't take me seriously)

Thats super, I'm still interested where you find these rules?
Do you have stairs in your house?
 

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
428
Reaction score
0
Location
illinois
I like the benefits of this so far. It's like we can skip all of the bullsht w/dating and taking things really slow for a while. we already know eachother good enough for it to be comfortable. At first i think girls think it'd be weird kissing their best friend. I think you should gradually take the friends thing to the next level.

Bring it up for a while and see what she says. If she denies it then act like you're not hurt. But then start ignoring her, but not to make it seem on purpose. She'll catch on that you're avoiding her and will be hurt. Most girls will see drama and run to it and try to make things better.(depending on how good of friends you are) Anyway kinda play hard to get. The trick is convincing her that she wants you. I dont know, this all might sound confusing right now but its 4:00 am, i just had a football game(we won our senior night!), and i need some sleep. Def happy with the whole best friend/girl friend thing.

PS- Anyone seen 'Lorenzo' around? I'm sure he'd like to know i'm posting again. :D
 

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 27, 2004
Messages
2,077
Reaction score
4
Location
UK
Originally posted by ABM
My current girlfriend has been my best friend for over a year. It's probably the best relationship i've ever had. This proves that there is hope to start a relationship with a friend, but i still don't recommend it. Any thoughts, opinions, or questions?
i do not know if this had already been mentioned in this thread as i did not read all the replys, but i will tell you somthing...you are not an exception to the rule, the rule is not that if you make a girlfreind of a freind it will not work, it is that if you split up it is very lightly that you will no longer be best freinds.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

ABM

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Oct 14, 2001
Messages
428
Reaction score
0
Location
illinois
Originally posted by jonny football hero
Question : how'd it happen?
She had known i've always had a thing for her, because thats how i first started getting close to her. The only problem was she had a boyfriend when we first started talking. And then she broke up with him and was single for quite a while. I think she got kinda lonely and realized we had something special, so decided to go with it?

She had told a friend of hers who's a friend of mine that she thought it'd be weird just kissing me. Well we kinda kissed a few times being drunk. And then eventually it didn't feel weird kissing sober because we'd done it before. I guess alcohol kinda helped me out there but i'm pretty sure it would have happened anyway.
 

The Antichrist_Star

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 9, 2002
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
3
Age
41
There are no rules...
 

Jester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 6, 2001
Messages
1,949
Reaction score
7
Location
NJ, USA
mad dumbasses in the joint these days.


sosuave is really going down the drain. seems like all the people that knew what they were talking about stopped posting here.


Alright listen dude. There are reasons for everything. First off, you have to have a ****ing definiton of what "friend" is. I have mind and use it to make logical references when asked about the friend zone.


So what i say to you is this, YOU WERE NOT IN THE FRIEND ZONE. ANd thereby you are an exception to nothing.


Jester always ends posts.
 

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Hehe.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Top