How to get a programming/developer job without a degree

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel you would have a good shot if you go the self taught road. Just have a strong portfolio

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I received a message from a start up company wishing me to be a silent partner and receive 40% of their company.

I'm still thinking about it. This is one of the many ways you can be self employed as a programmer/developer.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I received a message from a start up company wishing me to be a silent partner and receive 40% of their company.

I'm still thinking about it. This is one of the many ways you can be self employed as a programmer/developer.
Nice! What kind of stack are you working with? Would you be building the platform?

Developers in the US are very hard to find. Technical founders are in a buyers market!

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice! What kind of stack are you working with? Would you be building the platform?

Developers in the US are very hard to find. Technical founders are in a buyers market!
Thanks.

It's more or less android and ios mobile app development for their start up company. They want me to build an app for free first and then get projects through his network, contacts.

However I'm still thinking about it and haven't made a decision yet.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks.

It's more or less android and ios mobile app development for their start up company. They want me to build an app for free first and then get projects through his network, contacts.

However I'm still thinking about it and haven't made a decision yet.
I would demand some sort of remuneration for this. Equity, cash or a combination of both. They aren't going to just find a decent developer who can build a good platform for cheap. Companies here cannot find people to fill positions these days - most don't have the skills, or don't want to switch their jobs. You have more negotiating power than they would lead you to believe.

How This "Nice Guy" Steals Women from Jerks

Did you know a woman can be totally UN-ATTRACTED to you...

And she'll still sleep with you?

If you've ever seen a girl go home with some asshole she didn't even LIKE, you know this is true.

But how is this possible?

Because deep inside her brain, sexual desire has nothing to do with what you LOOK like...

And everything to do with how you make her FEEL.

Matt Cook knows this all too well.

Matt is a nice guy... but he steals women from JERKS all the time.

In this free video training below, he'll show you how he does it:

How to Control Her Emotions and Make Her Chase You

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would demand some sort of remuneration for this. Equity, cash or a combination of both. They aren't going to just find a decent developer who can build a good platform for cheap. Companies here cannot find people to fill positions these days - most don't have the skills, or don't want to switch their jobs. You have more negotiating power than they would lead you to believe.
Hey man,

Thanks for the support, advice and suggestion

Yes I'll take this into suggestion.

Stephen89

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an update.

So the Ebay business did not go well lol.

I'm going to be running a web, app dev business pretty much looking for projects, big projects. I'll do a lot of networking.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This may be a bit off topic for this thread. But am I the only one who thinks that it might be better if most programming languages weren't case sensitive? Lol.

One of the more frustrating things at my internship is when
Object.toString doesn't work at all but
Object.ToString does haha

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just an update.

So the Ebay business did not go well lol.

I'm going to be running a web, app dev business pretty much looking for projects, big projects. I'll do a lot of networking.
Are u in the uk or elsewhere?

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This may be a bit off topic for this thread. But am I the only one who thinks that it might be better if most programming languages weren't case sensitive? Lol.

One of the more frustrating things at my internship is when
Object.toString doesn't work at all but
Object.ToString does haha
syntax was always important, remember the idea was always to you do the thinking and the machine the work, and a computer what ahve of smart there is of dumb, you need to put everything in a way its easy for him to understand.

all in all there is a lot of languages some are harder then just this, other are somewhere trying to make things easy, and in some you don't even need to code the program will code the most graphical things but you still will have to work on the functional part