"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

how to explain the concept of "nice guy"?

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
407
Reaction score
303
Age
43
when I tell people I am reading the book "no more mr. nice guy" they think I am going to turn into this mean, ruthless bastard

and I understand why, when I first heard about this book I thought the same thing, because here "nice" is misleading. People think here "nice" is the opposite of "mean"

I was trying to explain to someone what "nice" means but couldn't quite get my point across. I said "it's a guy who agrees with everything she says hoping she will like him"

How do you explain what a "nice guy" is in this context?
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

MountainSlide

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 17, 2014
Messages
612
Reaction score
357
A nice guy will let people treat him like a doormat. He doesn’t stand up for himself and perpetually fails shyt tests because of his overt weakness. Also typically passive aggressive and manipulative.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
Last edited:

espanish

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 12, 2019
Messages
407
Reaction score
303
Age
43
That’s one of those books I wouldn’t even tell people I’m reading.
may I ask why? you find it embarrassing?
 

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 6, 2015
Messages
5,145
Reaction score
3,302
Age
52
Location
Hoe County, California
Nice guys are cowards.
 

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,879
Reaction score
19,120
A "nice guy" is someone who tries to win the affection of women through supplicating behaviour.
With the intention of using his "niceness" in exchange for sex and often times getting upset when it doesn't pan out for him.
 

backseatjuan

Banned
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
4,441
Reaction score
1,651
Age
45
Location
Россия
may I ask why? you find it embarrassing?
May I answer?

It's not about embarrasing. 80% of men out there are beta, and only 20% or so something close to that alpha. Within men you have 20% to get understood. Among women, google mesandria. You have almost no chance. Those who get are unicorns you should worship.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 22, 2008
Messages
8,637
Reaction score
6,557
Age
69
Location
The 7th Dimension
A nice guy's niceness is transactional in nature. He is generally despised because people can sense that he is trying to manipulate others by appearing nice and harmless.

@cola is correct... you shouldn't even talk about reading it with others, generally speaking. They cannot possibly have any true understanding of what you are learning and what you are trying to accomplish.

Truly actualized men tend to form themselves into nice guys without becoming "nice guys". That means there's a balance where the actualized man projects decency and friendliness, along with strength, self-respect and character. People (and especially women) can sense the difference between a nice, friendly but commanding man and a weak "nice guy".

The strong man's niceness is the respect and friendliness he extends by default to everyone out of politeness, sort of a "loan" until the person he's dealing with proves through words and/or actions that they are not qualified to receive his respect.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
That’s one of those books I wouldn’t even tell people I’m reading.
You can't tell all the geniuses out in the world about any of this "self help" or "self care" or "life" stuff. Just talk about the weather and sports.
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
That’s one of those books I wouldn’t even tell people I’m reading.
This.

NEVER EVER bring up your weaknesses around women, EVER.

And only volunteer information like this to a man when he asks for your advice.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
This.

NEVER EVER bring up your weaknesses around women, EVER.

And only volunteer information like this to a man when he asks for your advice.
It's even dangerous to do that. Most people have a propensity to sabotage others plans. You can take responsibility for doing it to yourself by talking about it.
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
It's even dangerous to do that. Most people have a propensity to sabotage others plans. You can take responsibility for doing it to yourself by talking about it.
But then you know who your friends are.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,750
Reaction score
9,949
A nice guy's niceness is transactional in nature. He is generally despised because people can sense that he is trying to manipulate others by appearing nice and harmless.
I've always hated the whole "nice guy" thing, because what you're describing, and how PUAs use the term, has absolutely nothing to do with actually being nice. Which you infer to later in your post. There's a nice guy, who is pleasant to be around, and kind and respectful to others unless he has a reason not to be. And there's the "Nice Guy" who is a doormat, manipulative, supplicating jerk. As the OP said, the way they use the word "nice" is misleading. There's actually nothing nice about them.

This is separate from the idea that men can be too passive and agreeable. That's a case where being genuinely nice can be unhelpful for a man. I started a thread on this not too long ago:

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/nice-guys.263872/
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

Top