Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"How to be a Man" by Steve Pavlina

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is the first time I remember seeing him write on masculinity, and I've got to say it's great to see the DJ mindset expressed here. Constant reinforcement.

how to be a man

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Life will test the man to see if he’s willing to put loyalty to others ahead of loyalty to his principles. The man will be offered many temptations to expose his true loyalties. A man’s greatest reward is to live with integrity, and his greatest punishment is what he inflicts upon himself for placing anything above his integrity. Whenever the man sacrifices his integrity, he loses his freedom… and himself as well. He becomes an object of pity.
Gold!

Ripper

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This article is quite simply brilliant. Should be a must read for everyone. :up:

Connect4

Don Juan
Reaction score
5. Express love actively.
A man is an active giver of love, not a passive receiver. A man is the first to initiate a conversation, the first to ask for what’s needed, and the FIRST to say “I love you.”

Did you read that last line? Hm... I thought it was the other way around.

reset

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know that sort of rubbed me the wrong way too but that's like one percent of the story. The guy has been married for years, whatever. I can overlook it.

If a man actually lived by those principles and said I love you first, the chick would probably get wet. Because it comes from strength. If you were a DJ all around and never heard the "rules" and just naturally said that to a chick, meant it, and just by your presence, demonstrated that you're the prize, she would know it, you would know it, and I think you'd be ok with a party foul like that.

But no one here is going to know since we wouldn't say it first, lol.

Don't let that ONE PART cloud the message for you.

sam3083

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Be sure to read some of his other stuff as well.

I particualrly like '10 reasons why you should never get a job'.

guru1000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Connect4 said:
5. Express love actively.
A man is an active giver of love, not a passive receiver. A man is the first to initiate a conversation, the first to ask for what’s needed, and the FIRST to say “I love you.”

Did you read that last line? Hm... I thought it was the other way around.
Although it may appear anti-DJ, the author is correct.

It does not matter who says "I love u" or "I miss u" first. What do you walk around with your heart on your sleeve?

Men do not fear Women, nor do they fear Expressing their Emotions.

If you feel it, State it.

If you are a Don Juan, you do not need to protect your heart nor do you need to push/pull or follow rules. Be GENUINE and yourself. You are first priority ALWAYS and if things should not work out, no Biggie.

After all, being a Don Juan means you are a Man of Abundance. This means to Express your State, in whichever way you choose. If the girl takes you for GRANTED, Next!

If you hold the correct CONTEXT and are willing to walk away if this Context is compromised, you are free to Act, Say or Do whatever you Desire.

Remember, real Don Juans do not follow a rule book. They just are.

Most Men get roasted and learn the wrong lesson. They hold back, clam up and create so many Rules motivated by Fear of Loss; they CRIPPLE their future relationships.

If one was to learn only the Rule of Abundance, every motive, thought, decision and action will be delivered like a true Don Juan. It is most important to NEVER sell yourself short with a mind of scarcity.

Those who are Abundant, understand.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sam3083 said:
Be sure to read some of his other stuff as well.

I particualrly like '10 reasons why you should never get a job'.
heheh yeah that post is awesome :rockon:

I'm split in my opinion with Steve Pavlina. On the one hand, he's pretty counterculture and commands in me some massive respect. On the other, some of his stuff is really a bit... gay.

He must have picked up on the psychic ripples of that thought because lo and behold, he comes out with this article about being a man that's so spot-on I have to readjust my opinion of him again! What a guy.

When it comes to the final battle between the forces of good and evil, this one's mine.