Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How much fun can I have in New York as somebody who's unvaccinated?

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not. You're basically a pariah in NYC if you're not vaccinated. Don't bother.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not. You're basically a pariah in NYC if you're not vaccinated. Don't bother.
Are people leaving that city in droves?

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
Are people leaving that city in droves?
The population has decreased significantly since the beginning of covid. Add in the anti-business oriented government, tax the wealthy mindset, the high unemployment rate, and the stumbling economy, the soft on crime mentality, the significant rise in violent crime, and it's not an ideal place to live right now.

I visited the city often in the beginning of the year. When you see junkies shooting up in the middle of the street, on subway platforms, on the sidewalks, etc. I wouldnt want to live or be around there either.

It's a shame because I used to love going to the city and having a good time. Lot of great restaurants, night spots, and places to visit. Now you need to show your papers wherever you go. Not playing that game.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Title.

Wanted to go somewhere nice and go out to bars and restaurants, but I believe they have some strict mandates right now so I'm wondering if this isn't worth the effort.
As much fun as you want... In your hotel room. That assumes you can actually enter the hotel. With De Blasio (ranked the worst mayor in NYC history), I do not believe you can enter a hotel and book a room. Wait until after January 1st. Mayor-Elect Adams' spokesperson said he will be rolling back some of De Blasio's mandates.

mjb3617

Don Juan
Reaction score
As much fun as you want... In your hotel room. That assumes you can actually enter the hotel. With De Blasio (ranked the worst mayor in NYC history), I do not believe you can enter a hotel and book a room. Wait until after January 1st. Mayor-Elect Adams' spokesperson said he will be rolling back some of De Blasio's mandates.
I hope that happens. Adams looks promising for NYC. Deblasio really did a number on NYC and drove it into the ground. Kind of like dinkins did back in the day.

I'm hoping Adams is similar to Giuliani in bringing NYC back up to being great again.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Title.

Wanted to go somewhere nice and go out to bars and restaurants, but I believe they have some strict mandates right now so I'm wondering if this isn't worth the effort.
I'm from New York, and the vaccine mandate is the one thing keeping me away from my family and friends. This year I will be spending Xmas and New Year where I currently live.

Going to NYC (5 boroughs) without being vaccinated will limit you greatly if not completely so it is simply not worth it. And like @mjb3617 said, I am not playing that game either. I will stand for what I believe, even if I need to sacrifice some things interim.

Modern Man Advice

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I'm from New York, and the vaccine mandate is the one thing keeping me away from my family and friends. This year I will be spending Xmas and New Year where I currently live.

Going to NYC (5 boroughs) without being vaccinated will limit you greatly if not completely so it is simply not worth it. And like @mjb3617 said, I am not playing that game either. I will stand for what I believe, even if I need to sacrifice some things interim.

Modern Man Advice
Why did you move to Bend, OR? Were you missing Blockbuster that much?

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why did you move to Bend, OR? Were you missing Blockbuster that much?
Haha, it took me a year after I moved to visit that store. Not gonna lie, it is kinda cool and nostalgic.

But to answer your question, I missed feeling part of a community. I have that here besides the majestic nature of the PNW.

Modern Man Advice