Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Much do you Exercise?

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
doesn't all that running with a back pack mess up your knees?
Exact opposite. I use to have right knee pain. The only time I get a twinge is if when I deadlift and I don't have all my weight on my heels.

I am not running with the pack. But its a good clip. I never recommend running with weight on your back. A rucksack is not too much of an issue.

I ran thousands of miles in the service of course, but I don't do that. If I did, it would only be once a week.

I am NOT a subscriber of long distance running. It's unnatural.

Contrary to some who think that over training isn't real? Do not listen to them. Read "Primal Endurance", if you want to know the damage that can be done. Life debilitating? Read David Goggin's book..."Cant hurt me" He clearly recanted on stupid acts of senseless endurance training and thinking that there is no ceiling to physical stress. His pull-ups record clearly showed this as well.

Primitive man had two travel modes. Cross country trekking (using fat as fuel to walk), and the dead out sprint. (escaping danger).

A broken ankle meant death.

switch7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exact opposite. I use to have right knee pain. The only time I get a twinge is if when I deadlift and I don't have all my weight on my heels.

I am not running with the pack. But its a good clip. I never recommend running with weight on your back. A rucksack is not too much of an issue.

I ran thousands of miles in the service of course, but I don't do that. If I did, it would only be once a week.

I am NOT a subscriber of long distance running. It's unnatural.

Contrary to some who think that over training isn't real? Do not listen to them. Read "Primal Endurance", if you want to know the damage that can be done. Life debilitating? Read David Goggin's book..."Cant hurt me" He clearly recanted on stupid acts of senseless endurance training and thinking that there is no ceiling to physical stress. His pull-ups record clearly showed this as well.

Primitive man had two travel modes. Cross country trekking (using fat as fuel to walk), and the dead out sprint. (escaping danger).

A broken ankle meant death.
What distance jogging would you say is too far? (I currently do 4 miles 2 or 3 times a week)

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
What distance jogging would you say is too far? (I currently do 4 miles 2 or 3 times a week)
Did you know that if you did five 15-20 second sprints twice a week that you would drastically reduce your time?

It’s fantastic. Buy and download the “primal Endurance” Book.
You will never be sorry. There’s a reason doing road work more than once a week is highly destructive.
EXTREMELY. The authors train world class athletes.
Overtraining destroys world class athletes as well as any lay person out there.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
I can do a four mile forced march with an 80 lbs pack never breathing through my mouth. Nose breathing only.

daproest1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably too much. I have a gym in my house so it’s 5-6 times a week down there. I do an hour and a half of lifting and abs and another 45 minutes of cardio. I also play golf 3-4 times a week and walk the course which from all estimations burns between 900-1500 calories.
No such thing as “too much” IF your hormones are balanced, you sleep enough, and EAT enough. All that aside. Humans are meant to be active most of the day anyway I think. Which is why doing it makes us happy. We’re just animals.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No such thing as “too much” IF your hormones are balanced, you sleep enough, and EAT enough. All that aside. Humans are meant to be active most of the day anyway I think. Which is why doing it makes us happy. We’re just animals.
Absolutely! You have to eat, sleep and recover. There is no such thing as overtraining just failure to recover. I had my testosterone checked a year ago and for 38 it was still “normal” at 630 but from how active I was and my lifestyle my shbg was high. I had the option of reducing my level of activity and try to sleep 10 hours a night... which is impossible for me. I started trt and it was the best thing I’ve ever done! It was like my body was starving and the second I raised my levels to the upper limits of normal fat melted off, skin looked 10 years younger, blood pressure is now perfect, and strength and motivation went thru the roof. If your approaching 40 and still living like your in your 20’s I would recommend looking into it.

Epic Days

Banned
Reaction score
There are men in their 70s and 80s with testosterone in the 800s
I’m in my 50s and it’s right at 800 or a little more depending upon my activity a day or two before the blood draw.

There is overtraining. If you eat grains and sugar you will need TRT. Plain and simple. I carry a six pack because of my diet. Not my workout regiment.

A man can easily get ripped or in at least fantastic shape putting on a pack and walking four miles two or three times a week if he feels adventurous.

Your body reaches homeostasis when you optimize rest and recovery. Between my sprints, I recover at least a minute or two.

My deadlifts are once a week. They are full out. I do MSP (maximum sustained power) workouts. But never more than once a week. To do more is foolish and will hinder your gains.

But then here is the crux of the issue. If you are looking for performance, learn how to do MSP. If you are looking for bulk to impress women...well women are not impressed by bulk. It’s conclusive.

If you bulk up and it elevates you via your beliefs or mind then sure bulk works. But it’s your mind she’s after. How you think.

I am only interested in performance and what it does to my testosterone. You can elevate your testosterone by doing five windsprints or five deadmill sprits with adequate rests between sprints, far more than pushing weights. AND nothing burns fat like sprints. Nothing.