Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How many pounds do you usually lift?

Squy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As heavy as you can, lift for 5 times, then pause 30 seconds, then repeat this three, four times.

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing here b/c I usually do 4 sets of 6, but I would say about 230 or so 4 sets of 5 with 30 seconds of rest in between

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was talking bench.....I'm going to start doing deadlifts this week (I hate deadlifts so much) after not having done them in a year

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 secs of rest is way too fukkin' short. This isn't cardio. It's weight lifting.

When lifting heavy especially on back, chest, legs, you should be taking AT LEAST 2 minutes... ideally around 3-4 minutes b/w sets.

D

DJjazzyJeff

Don Juan
Reaction score
I work each body part twice a week, the first time, I'll rest 3 minutes between and then the second time I'll rest 30 seconds, it seems to help me move up once a week. But ideally, I know it's too short of a rest :). You just gotta try new things sometimes :).

WORKEROUTER

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DIESEL
30 secs of rest is way too fukkin' short. This isn't cardio. It's weight lifting.

When lifting heavy especially on back, chest, legs, you should be taking AT LEAST 2 minutes... ideally around 3-4 minutes b/w sets.

D
Sometimes i go on a short intense workout where i try to rest as little as possible to keep the workout as intense as possible.

Enduro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are lifting heavy you'll want to take a longer break in between sets. Especially with deads, squats, and bench.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by WORKEROUTER
Sometimes i go on a short intense workout where i try to rest as little as possible to keep the workout as intense as possible.
If you are lifting for mass... you have to lift heavy. period. i.e. you have to give yourself enough recovery time to continue to lift heavy on your subsequent sets. I find all this "no-rest" "intense workout" bullshyt for mass purposes... it is a fitness' rags fancy way of describing "circuit training" - WHICH WILL NOT ADD MASS.