"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

How many matches do you think a normal guy gets on a dating app?

Joined
Apr 13, 2020
Messages
146
Reaction score
89
Age
35
Like Tinder and Bumble, like how many after a year of being on the app with decent pics and swiping right on everything but fatties, ugly women, and single moms.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,874
Reaction score
19,110
It all depends. Contrary to popular belief your profile actually matters. If you have a crap profile then you will get crap results. Good profiles can boost your match rate significantly.
 

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2012
Messages
7,427
Reaction score
5,805
I am an average guy in terms of L, what I noticed is that old simply reflect what you get outside.

In countries where I have no success I also have no success on old while in countries when I do great in real life I also have matches and dates through old.

Only exception has been this recent lockdown that made women much more proactive and borderline sexually aggressive.

Anyway on old you are fighting with a terrible M : F ratio and app algorithms that not necessarily show you to anyone.
 

SoSuave666

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2012
Messages
1,123
Reaction score
874
I’ve got well over 300 matches on hinge in a year. And a lot of them were them liking me too.
I attribute it solely to my profile. My pics are action pics of me all over the world. my comments on the profile are short and witty. Oh and I’ve got a dog that always helps.
 

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2018
Messages
1,573
Reaction score
3,272
Age
50
OLD is the surest, quickest way to drop your self-esteem.

Personally, if I were to ever try it again, I would create a good profile, submit it and then largely forget about it.

Those who messaged me, I would look at, but I wouldn't be messaging many women.

There are many women on there strictly for an ego boost, to read their messages while they sit alone in the evening.

Many others are there for the free meals, but the largest incentive for women is the attention and ego boost
Add one more reason: Accepting a date from a guy they believe is solidly 3+ HB points above them.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 16, 2019
Messages
328
Reaction score
213
Age
61
I have probably 100 matches from Facebook dating in the quarantine time but before that probably 30 per year. I don't use OLD that often though, just a month here and there.
I've also seen an uptick, not only in number of matches but the quality. I think the ability of women to use social circles got killed in the pandemic, so I've noticed an influx of women trying OLD for the first time. They actually respond to messages, and are much more straightforward to interact with. This is the older demographic (40's), it's probably a different story in the 20-something crowd.
 
Top