Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How important is weight?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JackPrescott said:
Great advice, and I'll take it myself, for gaining muscle, just join a REAL gym, like a 24/7 or a Defined Fitness, and ask the trainers for help, they HAVE to help you, and are happy to. Start on a real basic program, and hit it hard, and you'll see results, it wont automatically gain female interest, and females are usually sexually retarded, but it's fun when a sub par specimen of a male looks on you with jealousy. Great boost for the old Ego. :up:
If a gym has the word fitness in it, it's not a real gym.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are in shape, it means you have your life under control. THAT is what girls will definitely pick up.

Nothing sounds lousier than a guy who isn't all that fat but keeps whining about it.
Read some posts on motivation (tons of them around here) and just do it.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wolf116 said:
If a gym has the word fitness in it, it's not a real gym.
Dumb comment. Powerhouse Gym's typically have the words Fitness Center underneath. Top IFBB pro's workout there. You've been reduced.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
See this guy?

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/8251/pizzasjpgrp5.jpg

Good pal of mine. A ton overweight but is popular as **** and gets laid weekly. And he's only fifteen.

I'm seventeen (in a couple days) and I'm a tad overweight too. I'm not overweight to the extreme but I definitely don't look sexy with a shirt off. I get laid too.

We're both in high school, where looks matter a lot more to girls than the real life.

smooth guy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
KontrollerX said:
I like what the poster smoothguy once said and basically it was that you can usually only truly be confident in life when you are proud of the body you are in as then the confidence flows more naturally as you aren't absorbed in the inner struggle of constantly fighting insecurities about your appearance.
Hah. Thanks for the credit man. :D

It's true looks and your weight does matter. There are gonna be girls that won't take a second glance at you just because you're not their type on the outside (you'd need some Mystery-like-game-to-the-extreme). Most girls will overlook that though, if they feel good when they're around you. Just like you see a fat comedian on TV, you keep watching his shows because you get to laugh every time you see the guy, and you barely give two ****s if he's overweight or not. What you care about is how you're feeling when you're watching his shows.

Most overweight people let it get to their head though and become obsessed with it to a point where it's affecting their life in general. Insecurities are gonna kill your chances with the female gender. Even if you're overweight you gotta step up and ACCEPT YOURSELF FOR WHO YOU ARE and believe in yourself as a provider to the other gender.

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm said:
Dumb comment. Powerhouse Gym's typically have the words Fitness Center underneath. Top IFBB pro's workout there. You've been reduced.
Unless you are on roids, training with top bodybuilders is not optimal. Their training will be totally different to a natural.

Train with powerlifters for two years and you will see much greater results.

Tookie

Don Juan
Reaction score
man just lose the ****ing weight I'm like 5'4 and would give a lot to change it but can't so you stop *****in about something you can change and just do it.

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,I don't know. I keep doing the same thing over and over,and it's like I just can't turn it off.Every night after work,I come home,and do what I can to take my mind off of stuff. It has been this way for some time,and yet here is every one else happy and getting laid.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends on what you really want to spend time on.

To be a huge musclehead takes a LOT of time and effort.

To obtain a professional degree also takes a LOT of time and effort.

To have a tough yet rewarding job takes a LOT of time and effort.

For a man, the important thing is not to obtain an Adonis physique but to instead have something in life that you are extremely proud of. For some it is their muscles, for some it is their academic prowess, and others their job, or musical ability; anything for that matter!

HOWEVER:

I will say that being grotesquely fat will only put you at a disadvantage, both with women and with your future health. Get a normal BMI!

ItsOnNow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What if you have little if anything to be proud of? What if you have no pride,w/e that means. I don't even know if I realize all that I am capable of and talents. I am not grotesquely fat.

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think your problem with women isn't primarily because of your physique but because of your lack of self-confidence.

PrinceBeavis

Banned
Reaction score
ItsOnNow said:
Well,I don't know. I keep doing the same thing over and over,and it's like I just can't turn it off.Every night after work,I come home,and do what I can to take my mind off of stuff. It has been this way for some time,and yet here is every one else happy and getting laid.

Dude...everyone is talking about Gym's and powerlifting, and BMI's, and all that.
All that is great, but I can see how intimidating and overwhelming that can be.

....Just start simple.

When you come home and find yourself going into whatever it is you normally do, stop yourself and go for a 1/2 hour, fairly brisk walk. Do this every day.
Soon, it will be part of your life. It will be what you do.

Then, expand from there....maybe you'll want to start running, or go longer. Maybe start doing some crunches, ride a bike, get a barbell, whatever....
But get yourself going....THEN, after you've made this part of your LIFESTYLE,
THEN consider a gym.
Change your life one step at a time, instead of being like all those yahoos that sign up for gyms with big plans, then never go.

And think of it this way....If you don't get out and get moving, you'll probably have DIABETES to look forward to.

But do it....Just take one step, and follow it with another.

I'm going for a run now.

HK1

Don Juan
Reaction score
ItsOnNow said:
Basically the definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over & over while expecting a different result.

There is no cant, you just wont. Why?...hell ask yourself that question. You have to want to change and be willing to change before anything actually does change. If you cant see it being worth your time to change, then I guess you're accepting things the way they are.

No one here knows what you're thinking, or why you're thinking it. You figure it out.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Women are not attracted to men who are good looking, they are attracted to men who are attractive." - Zan Perrion

However I wholeheartedly believe in getting bigger. Just don't use it as an excuse if you are skinny. I want to get bigger for myself, not for women.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
although it might not be true about you... who can honestly say they don't think overweight people have don't have self control? being overweight is also unhealthy and physically unattractive.

take the advice from the people before me about how to get into shape.

Ben MacDui

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think that being fit and healthy is something we should all do for our own sake whether it helps us become attractive or not. There is no point thinking about about pulling women if you are so overweight and unhealthy that you constantly feel tired and ill.

However, there is an issue with advising people to get super-athletic and muscular just in order to attract women. The idea of Game as a way of generating attraction is (at least if you listen to people like David DeAngelo, Wayne Elise etc.) something that people from any background or size or shape can do, and be effective at. If we start saying to people "Get really muscular and then you can get women" etc. we go back to the whole idea that all a man has to do is to be super fit and good looking to meet women - which begins to defeat the point of learning Game.