Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Important Is A Muscular Body?

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you found that since getting those big ass arms & looking big & muscular you have had more success with woman?

Before I gained my size & muscle I rarely had any luck with females.

I'm only 5ft8 and in my skinny days, height & small build combined, literally only got me the fatties.

However since I get muscular & bigger I do much better with the ladies.. It's actually improved my facial features too, my jaw line looks sharper & I have a thicker neck.

Even my online profile is doing much better.. On average I am getting around 7-10 numbers daily off online slvts.

I get much more respect off other men & I find it easier to be more dominant around men & woman both

None of this would have been possible if I had not embraced the Iron many years ago now.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Honestly, in terms of what guys consider muscular, not very.

I have been extremely fit and muscular to the point people at the gym thought I was a trainer and have been 20-30 lbs heavier with more fat but still muscular underneath. I have seen very little difference in terms of success one way or the other. In fact, I would say I have probably been more successful when I have been heavier.

Women still tell me I am muscular all the time...clearly their definition is different than ours.

However, I will caveat this by saying I have lifted very heavy weights for a long time so my underlying muscle is pretty much there for life. Even if I don't train for long periods of time, I still have huge shoulders and a V shaped back. This helps because even when I add 20 lbs I still have shape and am very solid. I also don't get a huge gut that sticks put over my belt.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Helps a lot. Especially for men under 6.’

Though there is “pretty muscle” from bro-splits that is less attractive than the dense muscle built from pure strength training. I’m only 5’7 and with a friendly demeanor I still find most women don’t even bother shvt testing me ever. Most dudes show basic level of respect as well.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any of you found that since getting those big ass arms & looking big & muscular you have had more success with woman?

I'm only 5ft8 and in my skinny days, height & small build combined, literally only got me the fatties.

However since I get muscular & bigger I do much better with the ladies.. It's actually improved my facial features too, my jaw line looks sharper & I have a thicker neck.

Even my online profile is doing much better.. On average I am getting around 7-10 numbers daily off online slvts.

I get much more respect off other men & I find it easier to be more dominant around men & woman both

None of this would have been possible if I had not embraced the Iron many years ago now.
Don't go through life trying to dominate people, it sounds like you are obsessed with power. That's insecurity

bonesmahoney

Banned
Reaction score

A couple of my friends are similar to you in height and build. They struggle pulling hotties (as in zero action), but do just fine with girls in the '5' range and below. Even a 6+ is tough for them. They have average looking faces. One guy is 26, the other 33.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes.

Probably means a lot more to women under 30, but I know for a fact one of the main reasons I pull quite a few chicks a lot younger than me is the shape I keep myself in. A guy who is in good shape take pride in his appearance which also carries over to other parts of his life. Now throw in some game, charisma, and a little jingle in your pocket and you're an unstoppable force, top 3% for sure.

One thing I've noticed the past five years of being single is that the whole age difference issue is hardly a factor. I've been out with really young girls in public and they seem to relish in it. But, you need game and appearance, just saying. The good news is these are two areas you can largely affect.

Reaction score

I'm not exactly tall... just fyi

However I think you're pointing at the symptom and ignoring the disease so to speak.

I am not making the argument that lifting, being jacked, etc is a bad thing. I'm not THAT stupid.

I do think there are some dysmorphia & psychological issues around identity, masculinity and self-perception that if solved will pay more dividends than muscle generally does. Then again that work is WAYYYY harder to do.

IMPO when I act like a ***** i get **** results vs. when im masculine, rooted, present, in a good state of mind, etc I get great results.

looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers!

ThisIsSparta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Muscular" is relative, its allways a booster to be in shape. When you ask women, its the Spartacus-Type(the series) that gets their juices flowing.

Asides from that, everything is better then fat or skinny.

derby1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im a 37 year old father of a 12 year old girl....

Since quitting alcohol, slightly working out, but more importantly getting my body fat down

I now get childless 7's (age 25-34) date me, this was unheard of 3 years ago, it was single moms only

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

My experience is similar to yours.
Im 5’7 and up until the age of 34 I weighed 120 pounds (hardcore ectomorph). I was successful with women in those years due to my facial features and charisma, but deep down my weight irritated me for the following reasons:

* I didnt get maximum respect from both men and women. Some women would even referred to me as “the little guy”.

* I always had to be extra nice even under provocation because I was physically usually the weaker guy.

* Clothes never looked as nice as they did on other men

* It embarrassed me as a grown man to be buying size Small underwear

* I lost count of the amount of pvssy I lost because of my size. I was making out with a dime in 2005 in the club and everything was going well. At the end of the night she said “i like you and your vibe but truthfully I prefer big guys. We can be friends if you want”

* Working as a data expert, I always found that colleagues who were bigger but less gifted than me were subconsciously deemed more credible than me in meetings. My presentations faced extra scrutiny.

(I could go on and on)

In 2015 at the age of 34, I decided to kickstart my self-improvement very aggressively. I read evetything about muscle gain and hit the gym like a runaway train. Due to newbie gains, after a year I weighed 165 pounds (from 120).
Guys I tell you, the changes i saw happening in my life in that 12 months were absolutely night and day:

*People treated me better all round,
*the number of women giving me choosing signals trebled,
*clothes fitted better on me,
*my shoulders widened,
*no strangers were taking liberties with me anymore,
*more men respected me,
*People went from casually referring to me as “that small guy” to that “big guy”
* At work my work stopped getting extra scrutiny. People naturally started to automatically believe that I knew what I was talking about, even when i was clueless.
* My success with with women went through the roof. Even ex girlfriends started coming out if the woodwork in droves like roaches.

(Again I could go on and on)

Right now 6 years after I started working-out, Im sitting at 221 pounds solid drug free. On a 5’7 guy that looks huge.
I often wish i had seen the light earlier in my 20s, but im so grateful that I improved my life and did something about something that inwardly always bothered me and limited me.

So to answer your question OP:
Yes, I massively improved my physique and my goodness its been pvssy galore ever since. I naturally already had good looks and charisma, so getting tail wasnt a problem. When i got bigger and stronger however not only did my notch count shoot right up, but the quality of the birds also massively improved.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Depends. Are you looking for a girlfriend or a one night stand? Are you doing it for you (as you should) or just to get some p ussy? What I've found to work best for me and people who ask my advice in real life is to do things that better themselves for their own improvement, not someone else.

In order to be successful with females, work, life, etc. people need to do things to improve their lives for them, not with the hopes, dreams and desires for others to want to be with or around them. So, if you want to be Hulk Hogan, that's fine.. as long as it's for you.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one of the most important things. Your approaches will be much easier and you'll be able to get higher quality.

Most Important Things In Order
1. Good at Sex
2. Muscular
3. Height
4. Have a Job and/or high net worth. If you're unemployed, you'd need a high net worth to compensate. Being an early retiree will impress as well, but you should have some combination of the above 3 things as an early retiree.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's one of the most important things. Your approaches will be much easier and you'll be able to get higher quality.

Most Important Things In Order
1. Good at Sex
2. Muscular
3. Height
4. Have a Job and/or high net worth. If you're unemployed, you'd need a high net worth to compensate. Being an early retiree will impress as well, but you should have some combination of the above 3 things as an early retiree.
I disagree with the order:

1. Financial / Social Status
2. Height
3. Muscular
4. Good at sex

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's important to me, that's what I care about. I like how I feel when I lift and exercise. I generally am more positive, relaxed, and confident. My gym's been closed for a few weeks and it's a bummer for me.

Whether a woman is into it or not, that's cool, I guess.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting weights and building muscle is very important to attraction. Spending a hour a day in the gym will do more for your attractiveness than anything else you can do.

You can over do this, but an hour a day, as long as you don't waste time in the gym is really all you need.

Lifting not only makes you look better, but it also increases you testosterone level which has other added benefits of increased focus and endorphins.

The only advice I have is don't try to achieve something that you just can not achieve. Your frame and age are what they are. I'm in my 50s and there is no way I'll be able to achieve the results that I was able to get in my 30s and 40s. If you are in your 30s-40s, you are not going to be able to look the way you did in your 20s. Measure against yourself, not others. Be the best version of yourself you can be. I know too many men that end up really hurting themselves chasing the impossible.

DON'T forget your legs. I see too many dudes in the gym that I go to that look like roosters because they don't work out their legs. One thing that I have been doing my entire life is alternate days with pull v. push muscles. One day I'll do bench press, military press... et. al and the next day curls, pull down et. al.

Also when you first start, you will have sore muscles... it's just natural. But once you get to the point where you are sustaining... you should never work out to the point where you are sore. The older you get the more import it is that you do not lift to the point of muscle exhaustion because then it becomes counter productive. The other thing you will notice when you get older is that you have to be careful that you don't mess up your joints. The first thing to go is your shoulders and knees. Just be careful.

King Lion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Makes sense...Natural selection aka Survival of the Fittest is what keeps the human race evolving and thriving.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heavy musculature can often compensate somewhat for lack of height. Not totally, and not always, but it conveys the similar appearance of strength, dominance and ability to handle violent confrontation.

A muscular 5’7 MMA champion would
outpull 6’3 pretty boys, on a purely primal level all else being equal, at least some of the time.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think height should even be on the list. Its not a controllable variable. You work with what you were given. Height should be replaced with charisma, which is a controllable variable
That is not reality. Its not about what YOU control, it’s about what the market wants. Women prioritize a 6’ man over a <6’ man if everything else is equal. That is a fact.