Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Important Is A Muscular Body?

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dedication to weight lifting and overall fitness changed my life--period.

Many years ago I was maybe 135# dripping wet. Then by luck of the draw my sophomore year in college, my new assigned dorm roommate was into lifting weights. Not a meathead, just liked lifting 3-4 times a week. So I started to join him and the whole thing took off. I've been lifting for more than 30 years now.

The benefits are numerous and I'll probably forget a few. The ones that immediately come to mind are confidence, strength (obviously), better performance in sports, better overall health, development of a more positive mindset and of course a fit, well-conditioned male is highly attractive to any woman, age 19-90. To a woman, fit males are better reproductive partners for their kids. Most don't overtly think this, it's buried deep in their DNA and will never change. THAT's why they go for fit men.

Now as I age, I'm quite amazed at what you can still maintain. Over the past 5 years, I've paid much more attention to my diet and give myself a "budget" of 100 grams of carbs per day. That made a huge difference. So my keys to body/physical success are: 3-4 weightlifting sessions per week + strict diet with limited carbs + cardio/hiking everyday (at least 4 miles). My body looks better now than it did 20 years ago and I was big into lifting then too.

And BTW, NO ONE has the time, including me. You MAKE the time if it's important to you.

I’ve also noticed haters are going to hate. I’ve had guys give me the stink eye at the gym, purposely try to f*ck with me in a group, and even some women jump to judgment within the first few minutes of meeting me. The common denominator is that I’m the fit, good-looking guy, with some charisma and confidence—and some people absolutely hate it. My thoughts: tough s*it. Go back to your pathetic life. Btw, I'm 5'8.

Good luck OP and the rest of you lifters. Keep going!

Attachments

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In my experience, it's important, but not necessarily because it makes women more physically attracted to you. That certainly plays a part and will attract a certain segment of women, but that's not the whole story.

There is also the psychological effect that getting ripped has on you as you realize that you can accomplish things that weren't possible when you first started working out. To a certain degree this is a self-delusion or a placebo, but that doesn't matter. The effect is real. You THINK you're more attractive to women, so therefore you're more confident. This is just as important as actually developing the muscles.

In reality some women might not notice or care about your muscles, but they WILL notice your confidence and be attracted to you because of it. Both are necessary to attract a wide swath of women.

Muscles on their own guarantee nothing. I know one guy who is tall, attractive and well muscled because he works out, but he still fails to get much action with women because he's a white knight. I'm very good friends with one of his best female friends and I hear him described as "He's SUCH a nice guy, but he's too nice".

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When did I actually state that I enjoy dominating people? I Simply stated its easier to apply dominance if & when it is is needed..

Which guess what.. Sometimes is needed.. Go back to Disney World
You can "dominate" without "forcing" anything... You won't always be in a position to dominate something.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's important to me, that's what I care about. I like how I feel when I lift and exercise. I generally am more positive, relaxed, and confident. My gym's been closed for a few weeks and it's a bummer for me.

Whether a woman is into it or not, that's cool, I guess.
You don't need a gym to workout.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dedication to weight lifting and overall fitness changed my life--period.

Many years ago I was maybe 135# dripping wet. Then by luck of the draw my sophomore year in college, my new assigned dorm roommate was into lifting weights. Not a meathead, just liked lifting 3-4 times a week. So I started to join him and the whole thing took off. I've been lifting for more than 30 years now.

The benefits are numerous and I'll probably forget a few. The ones that immediately come to mind are confidence, strength (obviously), better performance in sports, better overall health, development of a more positive mindset and of course a fit, well-conditioned male is highly attractive to any woman, age 19-90. To a woman, fit males are better reproductive partners for their kids. Most don't overtly think this, it's buried deep in their DNA and will never change. THAT's why they go for fit men.

Now as I age, I'm quite amazed at what you can still maintain. Over the past 5 years, I've paid much more attention to my diet and give myself a "budget" of 100 grams of carbs per day. That made a huge difference. So my keys to body/physical success are: 3-4 weightlifting sessions per week + strict diet with limited carbs + cardio/hiking everyday (at least 4 miles). My body looks better now than it did 20 years ago and I was big into lifting then too.

And BTW, NO ONE has the time, including me. You MAKE the time if it's important to you.

I’ve also noticed haters are going to hate. I’ve had guys give me the stink eye at the gym, purposely try to f*ck with me in a group, and even some women jump to judgment within the first few minutes of meeting me. The common denominator is that I’m the fit, good-looking guy, with some charisma and confidence—and some people absolutely hate it. My thoughts: tough s*it. Go back to your pathetic life. Btw, I'm 5'8.

Good luck OP and the rest of you lifters. Keep going!
Brilliant post man.. Your story is inspiring.. I am absolutely with you, when you stated haters are going to hate...

I have experienced this several times.. Some deluded types even try to mock us dedicated to fitness types.. As if we are the actual freaks? And not the lazy slob who just sits on his azz all day lol

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need a gym to workout.
Absolutely.. I am aware of many men who have lost there gains & fitness level simply because the gym is closed.

BULLSHIIT.. You don't need a gym at all.. You can run outdoors, you can climb some fukin hills.. You can go cycling.. You can workout with resistant bands.. You can squat, do press ups, sit ups, crunches.

Hell you can play a couple of hundred dollars or pounds & buy some used dumbells & a bench.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women aside, being in shape(nutrition + fitness) and having muscles will do you good over the long run, especially the older you get(past 40). It affects your testosterone, mental health, disease prevention, confidence, work attitude, social attitude, aging. All of these regardless if women are involved in the picture or not. If anything do it for you primarily. Girls just reap the rewards as a side benefit. :up:

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is not reality. Its not about what YOU control, it’s about what the market wants. Women prioritize a 6’ man over a <6’ man if everything else is equal. That is a fact.
You're not wrong, but everything else is never equal, and assuming that is not realistic. Attraction is not a one-dimensional equation.

As soon as you leave northern america or northern europe, people's averagenheight drops considerably. The dutch are significantly taller than the italians. I'm 5'7" and I feel like I tower over most mexican men I see in the US.

You have to make due with what you were given. So I'm not going to date women who are 6' tall or attract women who like tall guys, that hasn't stopped me from charming the pants off of some major hotties.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting weights and building muscle is very important to attraction. Spending a hour a day in the gym will do more for your attractiveness than anything else you can do.

You can over do this, but an hour a day, as long as you don't waste time in the gym is really all you need.

Lifting not only makes you look better, but it also increases you testosterone level which has other added benefits of increased focus and endorphins.

The only advice I have is don't try to achieve something that you just can not achieve. Your frame and age are what they are. I'm in my 50s and there is no way I'll be able to achieve the results that I was able to get in my 30s and 40s. If you are in your 30s-40s, you are not going to be able to look the way you did in your 20s. Measure against yourself, not others. Be the best version of yourself you can be. I know too many men that end up really hurting themselves chasing the impossible.

DON'T forget your legs. I see too many dudes in the gym that I go to that look like roosters because they don't work out their legs. One thing that I have been doing my entire life is alternate days with pull v. push muscles. One day I'll do bench press, military press... et. al and the next day curls, pull down et. al.

Also when you first start, you will have sore muscles... it's just natural. But once you get to the point where you are sustaining... you should never work out to the point where you are sore. The older you get the more import it is that you do not lift to the point of muscle exhaustion because then it becomes counter productive. The other thing you will notice when you get older is that you have to be careful that you don't mess up your joints. The first thing to go is your shoulders and knees. Just be careful.
Brilliant post.. And very true about taking it easy as you get older.

I tend to do hight reps, with good form & technique.. I simply don't lift heavy anymore..

I also make a bigger effort on cardio & clean diet.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Absolutely.. I am aware of many men who have lost there gains & fitness level simply because the gym is closed.

BULLSHIIT.. You don't need a gym at all.. You can run outdoors, you can climb some fukin hills.. You can go cycling.. You can workout with resistant bands.. You can squat, do press ups, sit ups, crunches.

Hell you can play a couple of hundred dollars or pounds & buy some used dumbells & a bench.
Yeah there are literally endless programs out there with no equipment to do and plenty of free workouts.

Weighted Vests are always good as well.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have to disagree here. You can’t maintain strength without lifting heavy shvt. No amount of bands and press ups are going to substitute for deadlifting 500 lbs. Unless you’re moving boulders or truck tires I’d encourage men to either build a home gym with a power rack or find a way back into a commercial gym.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not wrong, but everything else is never equal, and assuming that is not realistic. Attraction is not a one-dimensional equation.

As soon as you leave northern america or northern europe, people's averagenheight drops considerably. The dutch are significantly taller than the italians. I'm 5'7" and I feel like I tower over most mexican men I see in the US.

You have to make due with what you were given. So I'm not going to date women who are 6' tall or attract women who like tall guys, that hasn't stopped me from charming the pants off of some major hotties.
I agree. My response is a pushback to the notion that height is irrelevant. That is a damn lie that needs to stop being repeated on this forum. Genetics are one variable you can’t control that affects your SMV. No amount of “game” will permit a shorter guy to pull women that desire tall men.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. My response is a pushback to the notion that height is irrelevant. That is a damn lie that needs to stop being repeated on this forum. Genetics are one variable you can’t control that affects your SMV. No amount of “game” will permit a shorter guy to pull women that desire tall men.
I'm a minority and my dad used to tell me growing up, be the best at the things you can control so people fall blind to the things you can't.

This is opposite of the feminist mentality as they are just whining and playing a victim role all the time and giving up.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lifting weights and building muscle is very important to attraction. Spending a hour a day in the gym will do more for your attractiveness than anything else you can do.

You can over do this, but an hour a day, as long as you don't waste time in the gym is really all you need.
I would say an hour per day is definitely is overkill unless you do really light workouts. 45 min 3-4x a week is optimal for most strength building routines imo.

christie

Banned
Reaction score
It's one of the most important things. Your approaches will be much easier and you'll be able to get higher quality.

Most Important Things In Order
1. Good at Sex
2. Muscular
3. Height
4. Have a Job and/or high net worth. If you're unemployed, you'd need a high net worth to compensate. Being an early retiree will impress as well, but you should have some combination of the above 3 things as an early retiree.
Interesting list. Noone asked but I agree with Op that muscular is #1

1.muscular(visible through clothing, clothing looks too tight for the muscle bulges, ability to lift heavy)
2.flexible/quick reflexes
3.ready to fight/situational awareness
4.charm/confidence/charisma that can command respect with new people
5. loyal
6. rigorously honest
7. excited about good sex
8. marketable skills in many trades/occupations(most of the boy scout badges)
9. determined to not give up on taking care of his health(health is wealth)

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to disagree here. You can’t maintain strength without lifting heavy shvt. No amount of bands and press ups are going to substitute for deadlifting 500 lbs. Unless you’re moving boulders or truck tires I’d encourage men to either build a home gym with a power rack or find a way back into a commercial gym.
I wasn't necessarily talking about making major gains away from the gym.. You can still retain a good level of fitness at home doing all the things I mentioned above..

However I did also mention buying some gym gear (weights) for training at home.

Which is exactly what I did

SirBigBell

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro nobody discounted the benefits of height in the dating market at all. The sexual dividends of height are just a natural selection fact.

However on a list of things fellow men should look to influence in order to put themselves in better SMV winning positions, height shouldnt feature, because you cant choose or improve on the hand you are dealt by nature. If you happen to be naturally taller, then you just simply notch that up as nature’s bonus and enjoy the fruits.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
However on a list of things fellow men should look to influence in order to put themselves in better SMV winning positions, height shouldnt feature, because you cant choose or improve on the hand you are dealt by nature. If you happen to be naturally taller, then you just simply notch that up as nature’s bonus and enjoy the fruits.
Thats my point. It can’t be influenced of improved yet it does matter to your SMV.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Made a hell of a difference to me, in my opinion the best ratio is a light fitness model type, think of a middle weight fighter.

Being ripped but looking weak or being buff but chubby doesnt work as good.

I had girls touching my arms and abs and directly complimenting it, none of that happened before I got in decent shape.

The worse body possible to get girls is the skinny fat one, at least the strong fat guy displays strenght.