How do you respond to a date offer being turned down

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exoduso said:
Then what's the point of saying she'll make it up, then text me a few hours later saying "hi cutie" and attempting to reinitiate contact the same day?
Because its FUN to string guys along for the attention/control factor, making you jump through hoops like a trained circus animal.
Once I became aware of these AttentionWhoaring games, I implemented a 2 strike rule for such behavior. Fool me once....etc.
Anything more...(for me) is a waste of time.

Regardless, make HER work for it like bigneil said.

Exoduso

Don Juan
Reaction score
So she did contact a 2nd time tonight... a couple of flirty texts back and forth but nothing concrete about making plans. So now what, am I supposed to ask her out AGAIN this week? I guess it's possible, and if she declines again then I can just move on...

Or, do I say anything about her saying she'll make it up?

GhengisKhan

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to say, I am frequently surprised by the amount of times I see advice to "next" a woman based upon her inability to make a date. There are women who are legitimately busy, and quite a lot of them: college students, career women, single mothers... my advice is to learn some body language that indicates deception: if she's telling you a lie as an excuse, by all means, next immediately. If she's legitimately busy, that's no reason to dismiss her, unless of course you want to fool around with a boring woman with too much time on her hands (which you may quickly regret).

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I "next" busy women simply because I forget about them. I get involved with other chicks and the one who was too busy to get together until 2 weeks from Sunday gets lost in the shuffle.

jodel41

Reaction score
i had a situation in which i asked a girl out on a date and she said she was gonna be busy that day so i gave a counter offer for the next day..she has still not replied me...what do i do next?

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i had a situation in which i asked a girl out on a date and she said she was gonna be busy that day so i gave a counter offer for the next day..she has still not replied me...what do i do next?
Go do other things and forget about her. If she ever responds cool... if not, oh well.

jodel41

Reaction score
if she turns me down again..how long should it take for to ask her out again or i should just forget about her totally?

Yewki

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if she turns me down again..how long should it take for to ask her out again or i should just forget about her totally?
The ball is in her court, so let her play ball. If she ignores/rejects your counter, game over.

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You leave it up to her. Say something like "Well, you seem to have a lot on your plate right now, so I won't add to it. Get back to me if you wanted to meet up some time and I'll see if I'm available."

Simple, to the point, let's her know you aren't playing games with her, you are not going to chase her and you have other options(even if you don't).

That's the hardest part for most guys to realize. Even if you don't have other options at the time, you have to act as if you do.

jodel41

Reaction score
what if she rejects my counter offer and i just reply with 'okay' and move on or do i give her a third chance?

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
This thread is old, but if she rejects your date offer, and doesn't counteroffer, just move on. It's a lack of interest.

Only give your time and attention to women interested in you. If you had a date with a Victoria's secret angel, you'd make it happen, barring a family emergency.