Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How do you get enough Potassium?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Potatoes have more potassium than bananas.

As others have mentioned, you can get potassium chloride salt as opposed to sodium chloride salt, but the flavor is different.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi All,
I found Ricks Table on Pottassium Contents from Michigan Medicine very useful....
A long term sufferer from Acid Reflux,Bananas,Bicarb of Soda and Chewing Gum are my
best friends.

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a fillet of Wild caught alaskan sockeye salmon has almost 700mg of potassium. I buy the frozen bag of pre cut fillets from costco.
Potatoes are packed with potassium like mentioned

Cerwin Vega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who told you that you need more potassium?

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As others have mentioned, you can get potassium chloride salt as opposed to sodium chloride salt, but the flavor is different.
Who tf cares about flavor? It tastes like shvt but so what? I just mix it in a big glass of water, often with some sodium too.

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Potassium is a mineral that is needed in basically every biological function including muscle building and digestion. The recommended daily amount is 4700 mg. I eat a lot of beans and potatoes to get to to the 4700 mg number, but if you are trying to build muscle, you probably need more. How does anyone else get their daily recommended amount?
Be very careful supplementing potassium. High potassium levels are as dangerous if not more than low potassium. Really high can cause a hearth attack. Somewhat high will cause palpitations, chest pain, and make you short of breath.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
How does people come up saying numbers like that, have those people got actual blood works done to see if they're deficient in potassium?

I got lab done last week, I eat ONE banna a day when I prepare my protein shake, this is the result from the lab. People really need to stop believing everything they read.

Attachments

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How does people come up saying numbers like that, have those people got actual blood works done to see if they're deficient in potassium?

I got lab done last week, I eat ONE banna a day when I prepare my protein shake, this is the result from the lab. People really need to stop believing everything they read.
Is your blood pressure less than 120/80?

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
Is your blood pressure less than 120/80?
Ive had HBP since 3 years ago from genetics, so I gotta drink pills to control it, this morning was 118/68, three nights ago was 150/100 cause I didn't have pills and got sick with a flu

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ive had HBP since 3 years ago from genetics, so I gotta drink pills to control it, this morning was 118/68, three nights ago was 150/100 cause I didn't have pills and got sick with a flu
A lot of people with HBP it is a salt sensitivity. You may test “normal” on blood potassium but a fvcked up sodium / potassium ratio will raise blood pressure.

It’s cool though, good on you for taking the pills. Pills work. I take one for cholesterol. It corrected the problem real quick.

Pedrito0906

Banned
Reaction score
A lot of people with HBP it is a salt sensitivity. You may test “normal” on blood potassium but a fvcked up sodium / potassium ratio will raise blood pressure.

It’s cool though, good on you for taking the pills. Pills work. I take one for cholesterol. It corrected the problem real quick.
My sodium was a little bit low, I try to eat not much salt and drink a lot of water. It just depends on the lab.

I'm assuming you take stating, I have my doubts about that medicine and "high" cholesterol. Have you had a check on how many plaque you have in the arteries? That will accurately tell you the risk for stroke.

Attachments

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm assuming you take stating, I have my doubts about that medicine and "high" cholesterol. Have you had a check on how many plaque you have in the arteries? That will accurately tell you the risk for stroke.
There is a lot of cholesterol / statin skepticism on the internet. My doctor offered meds based on several years of my bloodwork, so I took it. My parents, grandfather, aunt, and uncle all are on cholesterol medication.. strong chance it was in my future regardless. I’d rather have my LDL optimal for the next 30 years then have to deal with even more serious cardiovascular complications (dementia is a commonly overlooked one) in my 60s and 70s. The lowest dose statin cut my cholesterol literally in half in just a few months. No side effects.

Re: plaque the only reliable way is the invasive angiogram and they won’t do that for healthy men in their 30s. The coronary calcium score people are taking is far less reliable (most people score 0) because it doesn’t detect any soft plaque (the kind that causes heart attacks).

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I eat an avocado and half a broccoli spear per day, meat contains potassium. My mineral levels are all perfect.

ElleSmith

Banned
Reaction score
Here are some ways to ensure you get an adequate amount of potassium in your diet:
  • Fruits: Bananas, oranges, cantaloupe, avocados, and apricots are excellent sources.
  • Vegetables: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, spinach, kale, and tomatoes are rich in potassium.
  • Legumes: Beans (like kidney beans, black beans, and pinto beans), lentils, and peas are good choices.
  • Fish: Salmon and tuna are higher in potassium compared to other types of fish.