Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

How Do You Cold Approach, When every Woman is in a Group?

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The smart, although still risky way to do it is to approach and entertain the group as a whole. You don't want to give the impression you like anyone of them more than the other. If you isolate the one you like from the beginning and exclude everyone else, you will offend the others and it will result in the group phasing you out aka **** blocking. In this situation you want the approval of the group if you are hoping to get somewhere.

I directly tried this in the past with mixed results. It is no more scary than approaching a woman by herself, the only difference is they are far more bolder because of the safety in numbers. So they cut to the chase if they aren't interested - for instance a handful of times I have flatly been told why I came over and that it was a "girls night", which was the que for me to mind by own business and keep stepping. Once or twice I have been flat out ignored as in after saying a couple of things the group turned its back completely on me like I was the scum of the earth lol.

Eventually I realized that you can't force it, it is very much like winning over a girl who is solo. If there is one person in the group who finds you handsome the entire group will be receptive towards you. This is happened to me a lot. I noticed one or more of the women in the group looking at me and then I went over or one them would start conversation with me then I would be integrated within the group. It was a far different experience. You always know because the group will be very kind and nice to you as opposed to b*tchy and want you to get lost. In this situation they had their eye on you for a while.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought everyone knew this....

You approach the group, talk to the group... then the women in the group that are interested will let you know, then you focus on her.

I guess the problem is too often a man will see a group of women, pick out one in the group and try to separate her from the herd like a wolf... this never works. Why? Because you think PUA bullcr@p works... It doesn't REALLY work. You can not get any woman you want... PERIOD. She has to want you first... all PUAs do is teach men to dress well and give men confidence when approaching, you never hit the shot you do not take. It's not the PUA stuff that works, it's the fact that you are not dressed like an idiot and you make an effort. At that point it's serendipity.
Almost nobody on the planet approaches. A handful of guys on this forum. YouTube is full of house husbands and boomers talking game &&&& shilling rubbish. This is the current generation of players. Absolutely pathetic 4 day long pods. No receipts. Last approach wasn't in the 21st century.

I'd argue the guys dressing up in feather boas and top hats while idiotic offered more applicable value then the ****ery rants by boomer house husbands. The current generation couldn't be more ****ed. The games on steroids hard mode. The biggest people in the space never competed in the tinder ig Era. It's currently not applicable. Mostly circle Jerks and shilling rubbish.

Group shiit is always a challenge, especially with a solo male dealing with 3-4 (or more) women. Even if there is awareness, in practice, it is difficult. Roosh believed women in groups of 4+ were not serious about meeting men. He liked to keep his female groups to 2-3. I've had similar experiences as a solo artist. Additionally, in non-bar approaching, it's more likely you can get a woman already isolated, though even this seems to happen less and less.
He's probably right. A lot of girls especially modern women want free attention. The most people, the more complicated things can be and the added layers of logistics. None of which is beneficial to you. Not impossible but the success rate of pickup is low. The added layers of complexity only lower the success rate.

Merging sets has been the best way IMHO. Chat other girls. Role play. Set up skits and adventure vibe. Best to roll up with girls than solo but it's better approaching regardless. You can't hit digers if you don't swing.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Merging sets has been the best way IMHO. Chat other girls. Role play. Set up skits and adventure vibe. Best to roll up with girls than solo but it's better approaching regardless. You can't hit digers if you don't swing.
What's merging sets?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What's merging sets?
combine or cause to combine to form a single entity.

The pickup reference. .. refers to bringing in other girls. Role play.

In any event, approach. Work volume.

Velasco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach the girl your interested in so everyone in the group knows who your trying to fvck. If you Approach the 7 thinking it will make the 9 jealous or whatever retarded sh1t, they will think you want the 7 and leave u guys alone.

After that, there will be several things that can happen

Either

1) The girl you like does not like you, move on.
2) The girl likes you but she is not sexually available. Then it depends on her friends
2a) if they think your good looking, they will introduce you to their friend who is sexually available. Who may or not be hotter than the original girl you were trying to fvck. Or
2b) they dont like you, and will tell you to fvck off.
3) the girl you approach likes you and is sexually available. From there all you got to do is not be autistic/too drunk for group approval so they fvck off (or the girl tells herself she's fine). And you'll get laid.

oliver109

Don Juan
Reaction score
Groups are a pain, usually when i approach the group seems generally closed off and the girl embarrased, i live in an area near two big universities so there are often lots of groups of students hanging around the place but on the 3 or so times i have tried to approach a girl in them i have not really recieved a good reception, plus i am the sort of person who finds interacting with solo or pairs easier.

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach the girl your interested in so everyone in the group knows who your trying to fvck. If you Approach the 7 thinking it will make the 9 jealous or whatever retarded sh1t, they will think you want the 7 and leave u guys alone.

After that, there will be several things that can happen

Either

1) The girl you like does not like you, move on.
2) The girl likes you but she is not sexually available. Then it depends on her friends
2a) if they think your good looking, they will introduce you to their friend who is sexually available. Who may or not be hotter than the original girl you were trying to fvck. Or
2b) they dont like you, and will tell you to fvck off.
3) the girl you approach likes you and is sexually available. From there all you got to do is not be autistic/too drunk for group approval so they fvck off (or the girl tells herself she's fine). And you'll get laid.
So much this lol. I don’t bother with preselection or social proof at all these days. 0 difference as far as opening + hooking. But jealousy plot lines within the group backfire way more often than they work. Also if you’re in a city with other PUAs some dude is gonna snipe the hottie while you’re working the friends lol (ask me how I know—I also do it all the time).

For 2 sets or groups that are close together/mid-convo, I address the group. Fluff the friends, but all the game is at the target. But often even that’s unnecessary—just wait until the girl you want is disengaged and open her one on one.

Key is to be 100% relaxed, 100% certain. Act like you belong and expect a good reception. Usually the friends won’t interfere or c0ckblock as long as you don’t break rapport too hard or spike her BT too fast or act extra. If you feel pressure from the friends, proactively address them—but they’re almost always just responding to a lack of social calibration. So instead of blaming them, look in the mirror (rare occasions where some girl is just gonna c0ckblock for no reason but every year I get ****blocked less and less—I’ve also chilled out A LOT).

Also, win over the girl and you win over the group. So focus on that first.

But the first step for the noobs is just to approach. Groups aren’t hard—and every girl’s in a group so might as well get used to it. And you’re gonna fvck up again and again anyway so start now.

DoubleBarrel

Banned
Reaction score
OP - You don't know how to approach women in groups?? What, are you a total loser?? It's so easy!!

mikedee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As a really experienced daygamer/cold approach guy, i think it's a waste of time. From my experience it never works. If it's a group of girls, they will try to block you to protect their friend, they know well what you are trying to do, or they are jealous because you approached their friend instead of them. In both cases, you're out. It can be fun but it won't end up with a lay.

If there is one or more guys in the group, they won't let you in, they won't let an outsider fck the girl they want to fck.

Approaching groups is a waste of time in my opinion, but it can lead to better social skills, go for it if you feel confident enough but don't expect results.
Aim for solo girls, or duos

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Usually the friends won’t interfere or c0ckblock as long as you don’t break rapport too hard or spike her BT too fast or act extra. If you feel pressure from the friends, proactively address them—but they’re almost always just responding to a lack of social calibration. So instead of blaming them, look in the mirror (rare occasions where some girl is just gonna c0ckblock for no reason but every year I get ****blocked less and less—I’ve also chilled out A LOT).
you get c0ckblocked mainly ;

1) if she is a bit tipsy - so you do not take advantage of her

2) if she just had a fight with her boyfriend or something and she is not super sure about you - so she does not do anything stupid with a guy that she is not wow about from the get go

3) the annoying ( for you ) friend

4) if there are guys around and she is hot

this one happened to me a lot in Italy or Spain . If she is out with a group and there are guys . The guys will c0ckblock you a very significant amount of time ( they try to bang her too )

or just some guys who also like her and do not know her . They will just come and try to fight you or argue with you ( in the moment they catch you doing it - most of the times you will not have enough time to build too much comfort and things will just fade )

when I was living in a country , there was an Italian guy who c0ckblocker me like 5 times at least in a night . At some point I asked him what is his problem , and he just said that if he can not have her , nor should I

men are more problematic in gaming than women are , especially in a night environment with alcohol and stuff

fastlife

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you get c0ckblocked mainly ;

1) if she is a bit tipsy - so you do not take advantage of her

2) if she just had a fight with her boyfriend or something and she is not super sure about you - so she does not do anything stupid with a guy that she is not wow about from the get go

3) the annoying ( for you ) friend

4) if there are guys around and she is hot

this one happened to me a lot in Italy or Spain . If she is out with a group and there are guys . The guys will c0ckblock you a very significant amount of time ( they try to bang her too )

or just some guys who also like her and do not know her . They will just come and try to fight you or argue with you ( in the moment they catch you doing it - most of the times you will not have enough time to build too much comfort and things will just fade )

when I was living in a country , there was an Italian guy who c0ckblocker me like 5 times at least in a night . At some point I asked him what is his problem , and he just said that if he can not have her , nor should I

men are more problematic in gaming than women are , especially in a night environment with alcohol and stuff
Might be a cultural thing or a subcomm thing, but I can probably count on both hands the # of times I've been c0ckblocked by dudes over the last 7 years (and most of the girls I approach have dudes on them--kinda my thing). If you have a strong hook other guys are mostly irrelevant. Only exception is if I'm dealing with the frats/soros--those guys tend to have more pull in the social environment and feel more entitled to the girls so they can be a PITA. Vast majority of guys IME are deferential and passive, or are goofy and uncalibrated, but could be different elsewhere.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Might be a cultural thing or a subcomm thing, but I can probably count on both hands the # of times I've been c0ckblocked by dudes over the last 7 years (and most of the girls I approach have dudes on them--kinda my thing). If you have a strong hook other guys are mostly irrelevant. Only exception is if I'm dealing with the frats/soros--those guys tend to have more pull in the social environment and feel more entitled to the girls so they can be a PITA. Vast majority of guys IME are deferential and passive, or are goofy and uncalibrated, but could be different elsewhere.
yeah , most of the times they do not happen … but for some reason when there are Mediterranean guys around ( mainly Italian , North African and French till a point ) the likelihood of them trying to c0ckblock increases drastically

North African guys are the worst on average . Super aggressive and always ready to fight , and have quite good genes too

I live in Spain now , never had a problem with Spanish guys . Had a lot with mainly Morocco and Algeria guys . Now I just tend to not go to places where’re there are more than a couple of these guys

Dean Gladwyn

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is a skill of spinning plates.

With group sets the potential problem is that one member of the group will either become jealous or feel left out, so you need to pay attention to the degree of which members of the group are engaged and focus on building rapport and getting the less engaged members of the group to contribute to the conversation.

Asking where they are from, or how they know other members of the group and getting them to open up. Being unreactive if they show you disapproval and coming from a "give value" headspace.

The other thing you could do is come up with something that gets the whole group to engage. Ask a question that requires the whole group to answer.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just approach them. I used to do it with an opinion opener. I approach group making sure I have good body language. I tell them I'm after a female perspective, but that it'll have to be quick because I have somewhere to go.