"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

How do I make my gf lose weight

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
679
Reaction score
287
Age
31
She was skinny when we started dating, but it's noticeable now. Shell only workout when life is easy like most humans, and I fear this is long term.
 

Roober

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 2, 2016
Messages
2,372
Reaction score
2,120
take her with you...? Did she have crappy eating habits when you started dating? Those things don't go away...

You could dump her. Sounds like a d*ck move, but basically if you are fit and she is not, those are big life style differences...
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

daddymonsterpoodle

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 9, 2015
Messages
707
Reaction score
428
Age
56
If she doesn't care it is because she is complacent about you. You need to start generating a little covert dread. Keep working out, get caught looking at or flirting with fit womenm get a new haircut, go out by yourself.

The reality though is if she has a fat mom and bad eating habits she is probably going to get fat unless she is willing to work hard to keep you and you are willing to become her petsonal fitness coach. Finding a healthy activity to do together isn't a bad idea either.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BackInTheGame78

Moderator
Joined
Sep 10, 2014
Messages
16,864
Reaction score
19,091
You can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do. She has to want to do it herself.
 

BreezyB84

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2016
Messages
122
Reaction score
41
Age
42
A real man wouldn't bodyshame his girlfriend.

You obviously don't love her.
I completely disagree with this. we are visual beings and when things start to fall out of place physically with a woman, a man will stray. if she wants to keep him happy, she would take care of herself .

Now...if he is fat himself then he needs to pipe down , but I see no problem wanting your woman to be fit.
 

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 16, 2014
Messages
3,621
Reaction score
2,624
I completely disagree with this. we are visual beings and when things start to fall out of place physically with a woman, a man will stray. if she wants to keep him happy, she would take care of herself .

Now...if he is fat himself then he needs to pipe down , but I see no problem wanting your woman to be fit.
I think he was being sarcastic.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
You can't make anyone do anything they don't want to do. She has to want to do it herself.
Yeah, don't shame her or make her feel bad. Try to get her to remember how she felt when she was fitter. She probably felt a lot better and liked the attention better too.

Mention the fitness as a way you two can further bond... It works too, doing physical things together bonds you.
 

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 5, 2013
Messages
714
Reaction score
186
You need to dump her and start over.

Dating a girl is like buying a car. You don't buy a car and then add features you wanted after the fact. It's too expensive and not cost effective. You need to buy the car you want the first time you put money down with all the things you want. Same applies with girls. If you don't bag a girl that's into fitness as a life style you're asking for trouble. If that's what you wanted, that is.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

SmooveMooves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 9, 2013
Messages
1,441
Reaction score
694
Location
NY
You need to start generating a little covert dread. Keep working out, get caught looking at or flirting with fit womenm get a new haircut, go out by yourself.
Suprized only one guy recommended this. You need to give her a bit of covert anxiety. Goto the gym frequently, dress better than usual and groom well. If her interest is where it's supposed to be for a LTR she should begin to feel like she isn't good enough and take the weight loss into her own hands.

In my opinion overtly talking to her about it will get you nowhere. If it doesn't start an argument it may get her to start trying to lose weight but she will resent you for not 'loving her for who she is unconditionally'

If you are in shape and she isn't, you just need to find a new girl. As harsh as it sounds I guarantee you'll be happier with something you like looking at.
 

Trainwreck

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 13, 2016
Messages
679
Reaction score
287
Age
31
Told her I'm trying to get to 10% bd and that she's gained weight since I met her so It's not going to be a one way street lol.
 

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
as a woman ages, and her estrogen drops, the carbs she eats are more likely to be turned into fat. (carbs being breads, pasta, crackers, booze, sugar, etc)
for a female, the only way to combat this is to stick to veggies and proteins as your main foods, and 'splurge' every now and then.
females who dont realize that it gets harder to lose weight as you get older are gong to have a very hard, uphill battle with their weight
women can now spot treat with things like coolsculpting, to get rid of problem areas, fyi

she has to want to lose weight. The best thing you can do is what @Mauser96 said and be the example
you're going to have to evaluate how important this is to you. For me, an active and fit partner is a standard I have.
Long ago I realized I found lazy men, who didn't care about their weight or fitness or health to be frustrating and caused me to view them as slovenly and generated feelings of resentment in me. This is why it became a standard.
 

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
6,513
Reaction score
11,401
I've never had a long term girl get ugly, fat, cut her hair short, not wear fake nails, not keep her hair nice, not make sure her skin is always soft. You know why? Because I make my expectations very clear from the start. I frequently compliment them on these physical things that I am attracted to, so they know what I value and appreciate. You take any of these things away, and there goes some of my attraction.

And when they ask me "what if I get fat?" I say "if I wanted a fat girl I would have gotten one to begin with". :) works every single time.

Set your standards high for yourself and them and you won't have these problems!

You should take the same approach to personality.
 
Last edited:

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
it is really all about knowing yourself first and then deciding what you are looking for (what's important physically and in a personality) setting standards and refusing to wane
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Top