Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Home workouts suck donkey balls!!!

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is temporary. Treat this as a maintenance exercise. You aren't going to get stronger or more fit by working out at home. All we can do is mitigate our losses. This is the perfect opportunity to transition into a natural cut. Take some time off from the weights and take up outdoor activities such as running, hiking, or bike riding. Do some outdoor manual labor if you can.
That is simply not true. The problem is most people don't do bodyweight exercises that are difficult enough.

Don't do normal pushups, start doing 1 arm pushups.

Don't do normal squats do pistol squats or Bulgarian split squats.

Make a homemade sandbag and do workouts with that.

Get a weighted vest and do workouts with that. I can promise you that more than anything else I have ever done climbing hills with a weighted vest has huge carryover effect in the bedroom. It is exhausting and you will be drenched with sweat. I have a 60 lb vest but only have it loaded at 45-50 lbs right now while doing this.

I found a steep hill near me and do 3 sets of 10 up and down the hill with a set of 15 squats, lunges or total body extensions at the top each time I go up(I alternate through those). My legs have grown in size quite a bit since doing this as my jeans are almost not fitting both in the legs or butt area...

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing home workouts for years, "mun". Suck it long. The most brutal cardio workouts occurred at home. Period. Believe me, I was stationed in the UK and had to resort to even more at-home workouts in 2019. Killed it. If you don't have the intrinsic motivation, you will sit there and drink your alcoholic a** off. Believe me. It doesn't require much equipment either. Ab roller, slam ball, a kettlebell, calisthenics, a heavy bag, etc. And when it's all done, your shower is right there. No wait times, no gym thots. Heaven.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do normal squats do pistol squats or Bulgarian split squats.

Make a homemade sandbag and do workouts with that.

Get a weighted vest and do workouts with that.
I considered yesterday getting a 25 lb or less Bulgarian Bag, but perusing the prices which were $200 - $300 I was like nah that's just too much for what should cost maybe $100 - $130 (what my Bosu ball cost). Would like a pullup bar that doesn't attach to the door. Starting my workout now...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I considered yesterday getting a 25 lb or less Bulgarian Bag, but perusing the prices which were $200 - $300 I was like nah that's just too much for what should cost maybe $100 - $130 (what my Bosu ball cost). Would like a pullup bar that doesn't attach to the door. Starting my workout now...
Get an old army duffel bag, some zip ties and fill it with sand. Should cost under $35.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get an old army duffel bag, some zip ties and fill it with sand. Should cost under $35.
Just bought a pullup bar to go in the doorway. Reviews say it doesn't damage the wood on the doorway.

crosscheck1331

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do miss all the different equipment that was available at the gym, even though I did not utilize it all. I guess it's just nice to have the option. My workouts are similar to the old school boxers - I do a lot of calisthenics, run, jump rope etc. I have a jump rope and some weights at home so I am able to more or less do at home what I was doing in the gym.

JonD13

Don Juan
Reaction score
Working out at home won't be easy, it's a challenge of your mood. Even though you have a good equipment and ambiance sometimes you can feel the lonely moment which low down your motivation. However, if you have goal you can do it, try to run outside sometimes.

Just don't forget to get enough rest, eat well balance nutrition foods.

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yea it is what it is. Still the same motto as the gym though.. have to show up and just do it. Complaining about it doesn’t do anything except make it more difficult.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is temporary. Treat this as a maintenance exercise. You aren't going to get stronger or more fit by working out at home. All we can do is mitigate our losses. This is the perfect opportunity to transition into a natural cut. Take some time off from the weights and take up outdoor activities such as running, hiking, or bike riding. Do some outdoor manual labor if you can.
I tend to agree with this. Of course, by now in many places the strict lockdowns are over and many gyms have re-opened, but I still have not been going. Plus more lockdowns could possibly be coming next year. As for me, I've been doing more yoga to try and strengthen ligaments and tendons that have held me back for years. I drank way too much during this last quarantine, but if it happens again I'll be focusing on strict diet.

To answer the OPs question.....you can certainly ramp up some intensity on pushups and squats. Add the jump/power to it, which brings in plyometrics. I used these back in the old days to bust through plateaus, especially after seeing Adam Archuletta obliterate the NFL combine. You can also use dips/pull-ups, and most average guys can't do more than 10 or so of those anyway. Then get some dumb bells for shoulder/back maintenance.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Run stairs. I’ve been doing that for 4 months and man it’s the best cardio and will rip your legs like you wouldn’t believe. I do 500-600 stairs and am working my way up to 1,000 twice a week.

BMX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quit being a bigoty b!tch. Merry Christmas.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing home workouts on YouTube for most of this pandemic. I miss the gym. I will be back to the gym once I deem it to be safe. It is easier to get distracted at home. Focusing on a workout becomes more difficult. The gym also has more equipment.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to Amazon to check "barbells" and "weights" etc and damn it's like $130 for a fookin bar. I wasn't lookin to buy, just checking the prices to see how ridiculous they are, to justify my purchase of Body Armor at $224. I will be using IT to "add weight" to my workouts (mainly pullups/chinups, not jumprope as it could harm my knees, maybe for running ~ 2.5 - 3 miles, pushups, or shadow boxing and 6 routine ab exercises I do). So the added weight of armor is 12 lbs, then if I were to add loaded mags to the molle'd pouches, that would up it probably another 12 lbs.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just bought a "weighted jump rope," kicks my as5 can barely last 10 minutes. A speed rope I can got 40-50 minutes.

rjc149

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jump rope is great. I relied on it for cardio under quarantine, and it's now in my normal cardio routine (gyms reopened where I live). I am considering getting a Cross rope, one of the weighted ones.

I did a lot of burpees too, 20 burpees with a 1 minute rest, 5 sets. Great for inclement weather or traveling, you can do them anywhere. Kicks my a$$.

I re-committed myself to an old but beloved hobby, hiking. All that jumping rope and burpees eliminated the knee pain and made my footing much more nimble over rough terrain. Jump rope actually strengthens neural connectivity between your brain and feet, increases bone density in your legs, and when done properly, is lower impact on your joints than jogging. It's really good for you.

I did a lot of pushups, using pushup bars and elevating my feet to increase the difficulty. It wasn't the same as benching and I definitely lost some mass up top, but better than losing it all.

There's a park with a playground nearby, so I could do pullups and dips with a weighted pack. I took advantage of the rubberized surface to do my HIIT jump rope workouts.

I kept to my workout, 5 days a week, throughout lockdown. I lost some muscle mass, but stayed lean and in shape. Home workouts were something I looked forward to, as a break from work-from-home monotony and isolation. You just need to get creative, stay consistent, and never make excuses for yourself.

That being said, I'm glad I'm back at the gym.

Xanderson

Don Juan
Reaction score
If bench press is sex with a 9/10, push ups are jerking off with no lube to a memory of a drunken one night stand with a fat girl from 5 years ago.

In the UK, we are more or less on lock down. So, I've been trying to do some home workouts that I found on YouTube. And it's no where near as enjoyable as gym. I looked forward to going to the gym. I have to force myself to do these home workouts and even afterwards it feels very disappointing and I'm glad it's over.

Has anyone been working out at home? And what is your experience like?
Miss the weights big time , first few lockdowns did home workout but stopped as diminishing returns imo

graves992

Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on the person and on the situation. I like working out at the gym, too, but with the start of the quarantine, I had to work out at home. I can't say it was easy, but it wasn't bad. The main thing was not to lose my form during this period.

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I bought an LED jump rope off the net, so much fun. I used to breakdance, this seems a bit more age appropriate. :)

FuzzX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, teach yourself how to dance. When we all get vaccinated, Raves are gonna be hella fun again. It's great exercise and nowhere near as boring as just pumping iron. Also women go gaga over this sh1t at a nightclub.