Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Home workouts suck donkey balls!!!

ragnarP

Don Juan
Reaction score
If bench press is sex with a 9/10, push ups are jerking off with no lube to a memory of a drunken one night stand with a fat girl from 5 years ago.

In the UK, we are more or less on lock down. So, I've been trying to do some home workouts that I found on YouTube. And it's no where near as enjoyable as gym. I looked forward to going to the gym. I have to force myself to do these home workouts and even afterwards it feels very disappointing and I'm glad it's over.

Has anyone been working out at home? And what is your experience like?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is temporary. Treat this as a maintenance exercise. You aren't going to get stronger or more fit by working out at home. All we can do is mitigate our losses. This is the perfect opportunity to transition into a natural cut. Take some time off from the weights and take up outdoor activities such as running, hiking, or bike riding. Do some outdoor manual labor if you can.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I do it. I used to do them at home when I was younger too, but it’d be one set to absolute failure, once a day, everyday (later on twice a day) and I actually made progress like that for a long while (~2 years). I’m not doing my current workouts like that bc they’re different (like instead of regular pushups, I do one-arm pushups; instead of bodyweight squats, I do weighted pistols w/ weight vest or 2; I also do decline pushups with the 2 weight vests that I have).

They suck. But it is what it is.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
If bench press is sex with a 9/10, push ups are jerking off with no lube to a memory of a drunken one night stand with a fat girl from 5 years ago.

In the UK, we are more or less on lock down. So, I've been trying to do some home workouts that I found on YouTube. And it's no where near as enjoyable as gym. I looked forward to going to the gym. I have to force myself to do these home workouts and even afterwards it feels very disappointing and I'm glad it's over.

Why are you sucking on donkey balls? You into beastiality or something? And furthermore, why donkey's?

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I ONLY workout at home 2019-2020. I start with jump rope (to music) getting sweaty, then shadowbox with intervals of plank-pushups on a bosu ball, walking on hands with feet on the bosu ball, back raises, crunches off my back followed by getting up and falling down on purpose 10x, then burpees. After all that back to jump rope about 15 minutes, then to a squat workout (don't need weights), jumping jacks, pushups with balancing opposite arm/leg in between, knee raises while in pushup position. It lasts about 45 minutes. Today I could've done two back-to-back because I had a lot of energy, but ah just said fvck it and didn't go the extra mile. Would probably have lost 3 more lbs had I done another 45-minuter. The most painful part of the workout is walking on hands in a 180 back n' forth 16 times, your legs wobble, your arms, sweating profusely by less-than-midway through the workout.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Get gymnast rings. You can do so much with rings. The level of complexity is absurd. There's no end. Furthermore, calisthenics muscle is far denser then the flub you see guys in the gym packing.

Gymnastics ring pull up's, chin up's, push up's, archers, dips, etc more complicated movements like muscle up's, levers, and others is solid. On rings you can dip and rotate from pronation to supination. It's superb for shoulder mobility and ROM.

The ***** is leg day. Find 40 or 30kg dumbbells. Unilateral lunges and the heaviest dumbbell you can. Do Germany volume training. 50kg goblet squats 10x 10. I run.

Back is tricky to get in the workout with calisthenics but you can do it. Lots of pull up's, chin up's, and rings are ideal. It's just about getting creative.

5kg dumbbells for deltoids. Handstand pushups are money. Assist with a wall or a tree. Just be creative. Mix it up. Try new things.

Snag87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Use a weighted backpack. Doesn't have to be weights; can just use heavy objects around the house. Mine usually adds 25+ pounds

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
There is nothing you do at the fym that you can't do at home, invest in a pair of dumbells and a bench.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I invested a bunch of money in a home gym last year, before all this Corona sh!t was happening, and I personally like it. One of the best investments I ever made, honestly. You lose the social aspect of going to the gym, but now I can workout whenever I want, and I have ZERO excuses now.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I manage to cut the losses by buying a pull up bar and some dumbbells when I smelt this sh1t in late february if it wasnt for that I would have lost plenty of muscles.

The only good thing is that streets are empty at night and jogging in the city is more pleasable than in the forest to me.

nomorebetaBS

Don Juan
Reaction score
Still have my same weight set that I bought in 2007 and a pull-up/dip station. Bench broke years ago and I never replaced it as I've found I get enough chest work with varied pushups and dips, and even overhead press and overhead squats seem to affect it. Even without the bench, with everything listed above there is no reason one couldn't maintain a complete, well-developed physique with all that stuff, regardless of how much definition they want (where diet and cardio come in).

For all the other areas where I'm lacking, which I'm here to learn to fix, I have at least stayed in pretty good shape all these years. If you have the space and money for it, home equipment is the best investment you can make for long term fitness.

cheyne

Banned
Reaction score
I work out at home.

I hate it, but I still do it as it's good for me (I just find working out absolutely zero fun)

However, I don't think i'd enjoy it anymore at a gym or that it would be better/wouldn't suck donkey balls

Only difference would maybe be looking at hot girls, but to be honest, that's often just more frustrating than fun (unless you are a handsome mofo)

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Now that I know my threshold at least while on vacation (work causes me to lose more weight) which is 175 lbs at 6'2." The only way I could go further is to fast and I'm not doin that. So as I stood looking in the mirror this morning, I saw a little man (trying to see it from a woman's eyes - she doesn't see FUNCTION for fighting and sex even, just "looks"). It's not my arms, not my big shoulders, not even my pecks, but my abs that make me look so boyish and I'll say Odd-looking. My legs are very adequate strong nice sized. As much as pullups seem to give me a double chin the more I do them, I believe I'll do them a Lot today (did some yesterday) in a back-to-back workout yesterday and today. I'm strong as fvck, just don't look it when you take into account my abs or stomach region. It's tapered, a V-shape, but no muscle, and it looks rather funny. My triceps are really big now, side profile looks tough and good. Glad I'm not going to the beach this year.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd never thought I'd get this desperate, but my home workouts were simply not working. And while road cycling is great cardio/calorie-burn, it's still not enough.

So my GF is a moderately-active gamer, owns a Nintendo Switch. and got a recommendation for the RingFit game. Which is something of a cheesy adventure-style game but comes with what is essentially a Yoga Ring which accepts one of the controllers. You strap the other controller to your leg. She'd been playing it for a couple of weeks when she let me try it out.

It ain't no weight-training, so I have no expectations of this bulking me up or getting me shredded. But as you progress through the game, the range of exercises grows quite a bit, hitting legs, abs, arms, yoga, and core strength. I'm already finding that it has helped my core in ways that translates into being a stronger road cyclist. I'm also noticing for the first time that my upper body is no longer losing definition, and I'm actually making some small rebounds in my deltoids, biceps and triceps.

So there ya have it. Who'da thought that my tide-me-over solution for no gym would be buying my own game console at age 54?

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So there ya have it. Who'da thought that my tide-me-over solution for no gym would be buying my own game console at age 54?
If it works, then there's nothing wrong with it. Though you definitely aren't the first nor the last. Back in the day I'd known people who used the dance-game Dance Dance Revolution as a form of cardio.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If it works, then there's nothing wrong with it. Though you definitely aren't the first nor the last. Back in the day I'd known people who used the dance-game Dance Dance Revolution as a form of cardio.
Yeah, when my boys were in grade school we got a Wii Fit to try and help my youngest with his obesity problem. The Wii Fit, if I remember correctly, was more of a structured exercise tool than a game. So there was very little that engaged him and his participation fizzled.

This time around seems to be different. I do have to encourage him to get started on a session, but once he gets going he usually puts in at least a solid hour. And he is also reporting that he is noticing results, at least in how strong he feels (with his obesity it will be awhile before visible changes appear). This is the first exercise regimen ever where I've heard him say that, so it's doing something right.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ Jump rope to Soundcloud music always gets me Started at about the 20 minute mark I start sweating. Doesn't matter how sore I am from the previous day, jump rope will jumpstart my routine to keep going to finish a 2hr+ workout.