Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Help..hitting the gym and loosing weight instead of bulking up

icehot

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been hitting the gym hard for about a month now..and i've noticed that i'm actually LOOSING weight instead of becoming a hulk. I'm definately more cut and defined. but the weight gain just isn't happening.

Any advice?

-iceH

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
first u should provide us a info about ur workout...even then there r some tips
after workout take protein bars/shakes
eat 6 small meals a day
don't do cardio activity for time being
WhoAmI

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by icehot
I've been hitting the gym hard for about a month now..and i've noticed that i'm actually LOOSING weight instead of becoming a hulk. I'm definately more cut and defined. but the weight gain just isn't happening.

Any advice?

-iceH
Same boat as you pal...been lifting hard for 8 weeks. When I weighed myself the other day I was 167...a pound lighter than when I started. And yes, I do look more cut and defined just like YOU say. The solution: Buy some protein bars ( I already have), eat some carbs before you lift (extra energy) and stuff yer face, but stay away from fried foods (chicken Mcnuggets, Big Macs, KFC, etc, soda and sweets. NO CARDIO!!

icehot

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for the advise boyz. For a second there, i thought i was the only one having the problem.
With regards to my workout, i've been following Diesel's guide. With NO cardio.

I guess, i'm just not eating enough. And i'll definately try the pre/post workout protien bar.
I've been drinking the weight gainers protein shake (GNC's pro performance - Elite Mega Mass) and I figured that should be just as good as protein bars.

iceH

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I'm in a similar position.

I can gain weight, I can get to about 165+ lbs, but then a few days later I'm back to 155lbs. WTF...

I eat at least 3200 calories per day, very little fried foods or sweets. 250g+ protein per day. No weight gain.

Ofus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been lifting since january

icehot

Don Juan
Reaction score
a wall?

i'm starting to wonder if there is a weight "wall" that we hard gainers hit? we can get majorly defined and cut but our bodies just won't let us get any heavier.

I figure is there's a thing such as a "fat" gene that makes it hard for obese people to loose weight. Maybe the same type of thing exists for us -- only in reverse.

-iceH

whoami

Don Juan
Reaction score
wall...??
yea u can say that...
but once u cross that wall it's not hard...
u know i used to be thin but muscular n i thought i can eat anythign n not get fat but hey i hit the wall n got big :D
didn't realise i was thin due to my rigourous Martial art training which was 6 hrs + per day.
wat i needed to do??
just sit back for 6 months n keep eating ;)
WhoAmI

icehot

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah..i guess i'm a little too impatient.

I'll keep eating like a horse, hitting the gym like hercules :D and i'll see where i'm at in a few months.

-iceH

Tiggis

Don Juan
Reaction score
What does your workout look like?

It may not be how hard your working but how your working..