Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Help!!! Girl I met just wants to be friends! What can I do?

Eggchen

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 1, 2004
Messages
36
Reaction score
1
Location
Sydney, Australia
This forum has turned to ****.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 22, 2002
Messages
1,012
Reaction score
211
Location
UK
Ok, thanks for all your replies.

I'm struggling to think where I went wrong though. It seems to me that there is an EXTREMELY fine line between being too laid back and being too forward with a girl, and if you get it wrong, you're doomed.

I really need to go back to basics here, as I'm still finding it hard to determine exactly what I did wrong.
 

Interpol

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 13, 2004
Messages
992
Reaction score
0
Location
STL
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz

I'm struggling to think where I went wrong though. It seems to me that there is an EXTREMELY fine line between being too laid back and being too forward with a girl, and if you get it wrong, you're doomed.

I really need to go back to basics here, as I'm still finding it hard to determine exactly what I did wrong.
Well, there's an EXTREMELY fat line between being too laid back and being too desperate. You don't e-mail the girl 2 hours after the date. You don't let her bring 2 friends along on a date. I agree you have to go back to basics, because this is pretty basic stuff that you screwed up.
 

calvran

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 7, 2002
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Honestly, you need to forget about this girl, you aren't going to get anywhere with her. Emailing back and forth online isn't going to help your cause at all, to begin with. Some of that **** you pulled was pretty ***** too, "OH THANK YOU FOR HANGING OUT WITH ME IT WAS FUN", that's her line bro, not yours. And then asking if she would want to hang out with you again? What's that communicate to her?

It isn't communicating the fact that you are a confident, self-assured MAN, that's for sure. Right now, anything you do with her is just gonna dig you in deeper to the friend zone, because A. She sees you as just a friend right now, and that 99% likely isn't gonna just shift, and B. you're gonna act like a desperate loser around her because of it. If you really care that much, best thing to do is just drop her for a month or two, then start over with her, and even then you aren't guaranteed success.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,278
Reaction score
8
Location
Canuckistan
Yeah, f*ck man, how the hell are you going to generate any sort of spark when the two friends have come along. Surely you were awkward in that situation.

I realise that this is an online thing, so caution is necessary, but if you absolutely had to go, you should have brought two guys along as well, at least maybe you'd stand a chance with one of the girls.

This online sh*t sounds like a waste of time unless your are getting hookers.
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
:rolleyes: Isn't anyone going to question why it would take a DJ months to meet a woman face to face??? :rolleyes: Isn't this just a bit strange to any of you? :confused:
 

blue17

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Aug 5, 2004
Messages
203
Reaction score
0
I think you are taking the 'game' too seriously. It seems like you are trying to use gimmicky tactics to win her over instead of having a natural sense of how to present yourself. You don't 'act' DJ...you just do it.
 

UltraMan

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 9, 2004
Messages
56
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Yeh I guess you guys are right, to a point. But I'm human and feel pain.
Just remember, unless she hit you over the head with a hammer, all of the pain you are feeling is coming from inside your own brain. From your point of view you were on your way to a life filled with fun days and nights with your new love. From her point of view she got to know you, decided she only liked you as a friend, and tried to let you down easy. Next time don't build up a "relationship" in your mind where one does not exist yet. That way if you do get put into the LJBF zone it won't matter as much.

Once you realize SHE didn't do anything to you it might make it easier to move on.
 

B9

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 25, 2002
Messages
469
Reaction score
2
Location
Denmark
"Next e-mail, I ask if she'd like to see me again."
you don't ask. You tell her and wait for her to come along or not.

ASSERTIVENESS!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top