"So, What Do You Do for Fun?"

She asks it casually, mid-sip. And you feel the floor open up, because the honest answer is work, gym, and a couple shows you're half-watching.

Women rarely say this out loud, but a man with a life is attractive before he says a word. The guy who spent Saturday deep-sea fishing and came back with photos and a story — he walks in already interesting.

The "22 Rules" pushed me to build a life worth talking about. Turns out the fastest way to be interesting to women is to be interested in your own life first.

Read more...

Have you ever felt like taking a break?

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
Have you guys ever felt like taking a break pursueing women or just giving up for a little while? Things just havnt been going my way lately so I'm feeling a little depressed and feel like giving up on women for a little while. Just wondering.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

oda

Don Juan
Joined
Feb 9, 2004
Messages
95
Reaction score
0
if it feels like work you are doing it wrong.

it should be fun like a game
 

Craig Reeves

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2003
Messages
519
Reaction score
28
Age
42
Location
Texas, USA
Heh.

Don't worry about it. All DJ's go through times where things just aren't necessarily going the way you would like them to. These periods can last for a few days, to actually a few months.

The best thing to do to avoid problems like these is to keep moving, because you'll eventually move PAST the actual problem. If you spend your time just sitting around, you'll never actually be DOING anything about your problem, so it will not go away (since nobody is going to do it for you), so the longer you do nothing the longer you'll be in your predicament.
 

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
959
Reaction score
4
Yeah, I think sometimes you need to step back and stop pursuing girls. I don't think this has anything to do with the fact you're "doing it wrong" unlike oda said. Even games can get boring, or you might want to stop doing it for a while.

Kourt - Are "things not going your way" only including girls, or is life in general sucking right now?

I think that sometimes you should just pull back, have some fun with your bachelor friends, or follow your passion, or whatever, and forget about chicks for a while. Never completely give up, of course, but step back and be detached.

You never know, you might end up getting more chicks that way. (That happened to me, actually)
 

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 10, 2003
Messages
15,481
Reaction score
65
Location
Galt's Gulch
Originally posted by oda
if it feels like work you are doing it wrong.

it should be fun like a game
That's the perfect attitude!
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 7, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
2
Location
Mi
nah not life in general, just girls

since schools started i've done many cold approaches, gotten 20+ numbers, yet I still havnt been able to get past a date or 2 and devolp something solid, or get laid for that matter, hah its fun until trying to set up the first date and getting the run around
 
Top