Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Have to be a Top 20% male to have success on Bumble/Tinder/Hinge?

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You arent a 7 if you're struggling on tinder etc. A 7 is chadlite tier, youre prolly closer to a 5 or 6 on a good day.
Nah. 6 feet tall, fit, full head of hair. Good teeth. Think Steve Carrell or Matt Lauer.

I give myself an extra 1/2 point to full point due to the height advantage.

Last edited:

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I've also found that hinge has the least attractive women.

Tinder & Bumble > OkCupid > Facebook Dating ~ Coffee Meets Bagel > Hinge & PlentyOfFish

Here in NYC every girl on Tinder and Bumble are hot. OKC has a lot of hotties too. (That's okcupid not Oklahoma City lol)
OKC is unusable every since Match LLC bought it and neutered it. hardly anyone even on there.

Currently while OLD across the board sucks, Facebook dating app seems to have the most decent looking women in my age range on it. Then again it's a swipe type app so a lot of ghosting and flaking. But when it first came out and hardly anyone was using it it was pretty easy to get replies and matches.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
I know only two guys who claim to do well on OLD:

A relative who is 5'6 and makes $150,000 a year as a corporate executive, has traveled the world and used to have a six pack but is still in good shape.

A friend who is like 5'9 or 5'11. Completely jacked with muscle, makes like $35/hour as a welder (approx $70,000 yearly). He's also blonde and has cool tattoos.

I don't do particularly well on OLD because I am neither rich nor muscular lol.
Yea, the travel especially. The women love that. I assume he has a lot of pics in different countries he puts on his profile? I'm sure that also helps a lot.

Why not dress like you got money, maybe rent a nice car for a day and take pics? Fake it.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You arent a 7 if you're struggling on tinder etc. A 7 is chadlite tier, youre prolly closer to a 5 or 6 on a good day.
I am probably a 7/8. Swipe apps are pretty easy.

Funny story:
I went to a 3 day conference in Texas. Was swiping as soon as I landed. Had a date with a local within 24 hours. Making out with the broad in the car, I try to get her back to the hotel room she declines.

Next day she hits me up says she wanted to bang but has genital herpes but if I’m ok with that she wants to come through. I declined, deleted her number. Another L for tinder.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have more success on Bumble than Tinder, but to be honest I was biased from the beginning because I got laid after 1 day of installing the app so I just kept using it.

Nah. 6 feet tall, fit, full head of hair. Good teeth. Think Steve Carrell or Matt Lauer.

I give myself an extra 1/2 point to full point due to the height advantage.
You sound like an OK looking dude. How do your swipes look? If you have high swipes but low close game, then it's an issue with your interaction with the girls. If you get low swipes then perhaps you're "good looking" but you look boring or disingenuous in some way.

I'm curious to know what your whole "OLD approach" actually is. Do you have an opener? What do you say to them?
Do you wait for them to approach you first?

I/we need to know more info to actually help you. Do you have any example interaction with women you've spoken to?

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Too intimidating. It turns women on, but it's scary. You want to appear a bit more accessible and not totally narcissistic. You cast a much wider net for hotties this way.

You want to channel a handsome, successful attainable boy-next-door all-American type, but with a dark/badboy side. That's really all you need.
Owning a business jet is like .005 percent of the population. If you have millions and millions like this then you shouldn't even be near old websites to begin with or even think about using them. Totally stupid. You have access to much better looking women than trash old.

Don Dark Horse

Don Juan
Reaction score
The guys who aren't giving up on online game are the guys getting laid from it. You've gotta be rewarded by OLD to find it worthwhile. Having Game helps a lot, but you've gotta look good too to get the match in the first place. From there it's all about text game and getting her to meet you. It's a very systematic thing. There's no guesswork. It's a cold, calculated machine.

The main problem is that the vast majority of guys are not attractive for women (90%+ I'd say). If you fall into that category then you've got plenty of company.
What level of quality photos do you need? I am a good looking guy with a nice body. I got several matches, hardly any of which converted to an actual date. My text game is okay. I suspect if I wanted more matches I'd have to up the quality of my photos, first and foremost.

Reaction score
OLD is bad because it’s filled with toxic Disney Princesses so y’all are not missing out on going out on dates with these monsters.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're top 20%, why would you go on OLD to get the bottom 50%? The healthy chicks aren't on OLD during their peak years.
I'm not sure. There are plenty of guys 8-10 enjoying a buffet of pusssy from swipe apps, especially women in the 5-7 range. There are plenty of 6's on the swipe apps. Acceptable looking prospects. These 6's on the apps have incredible choice.

If you're an 8.5 guy on a swipe apps, you will bang a 5-6 because it will be easier to get the bang than a 7.5-8.5 in real life (pandemic or no pandemic). You're not going to commit long term to a 5-6 so you'll just get the bang and maybe stick around a few months.

I'm not a Top 20% guy as evidence by the lousy time I had on swipe apps and website dating even before swipe apps.

What level of quality photos do you need? I am a good looking guy with a nice body. I got several matches, hardly any of which converted to an actual date. My text game is okay. I suspect if I wanted more matches I'd have to up the quality of my photos, first and foremost.
Good quality, likely professional quality. If you're a guy that's a 5-7, the pics will make or break you, so professional photos are nearly mandatory to deal with the ultra competitive environment. Once you hit the low to mid 7's as a guy, your photos don't need to professional but still good.

The Big 3 swipe apps are 65-75% male so it is a shiit environment to compete in for most men. 7.5-8+ can have a decent time on them but the rest of men shouldn't even bother. Competition is too fierce.

I'm probably in the 6-7 range on looks and I have found it extremely difficult to compete on them. Fortunately, I am able to approach strangers, even during the day at non-bar venues.

OLD is bad because it’s filled with toxic Disney Princesses so y’all are not missing out on going out on dates with these monsters.
True. Also women treat men from swipe apps worse than men they'd happen to meet in real life. I'm still convinced you could meet the same woman on an app and the same woman from cold approach and that she'd treat you better if you cold approached. The end result might be the same.

Realize that no woman wants to be on swipe apps. They are on swipe apps because they can't put anything together through their social circles first and they are unsatisfied with the quality of men who cold approach them and occasionally the quantity of men who cold approach them.

firstbornunicorn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not sure. There are plenty of guys 8-10 enjoying a buffet of pusssy from swipe apps, especially women in the 5-7 range. There are plenty of 6's on the swipe apps. Acceptable looking prospects. These 6's on the apps have incredible choice.

If you're an 8.5 guy on a swipe apps, you will bang a 5-6 because it will be easier to get the bang than a 7.5-8.5 in real life (pandemic or no pandemic). You're not going to commit long term to a 5-6 so you'll just get the bang and maybe stick around a few months.

I'm not a Top 20% guy as evidence by the lousy time I had on swipe apps and website dating even before swipe apps.
I prefer real life, hate typing with my thumbs, hate swiping BS. I wouldn't bang anyone under what I see as an 8, otherwise you're just hurting your soul, man. I kissed a 5 once and couldn't get an erection for 3 months after that.

You also overestimate how hard it is to pick up women, many are willing and you don't have to do much if your goal is just sex. ngl tho, I'm good looking and charismatic. Still not everyone's cup of tea, got plenty of rejections, but these days I'm very socially calibrated and know when women WANT me to escalate, their hints are subtle. If you can read these signs and wait for them, your rejection rate will be low, but you miss out on some potential action from very shy/less forward/"lukewarm" women. But even shy women leave good hints, just usually non verbal.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer real life, hate typing with my thumbs, hate swiping BS. I wouldn't bang anyone under what I see as an 8, otherwise you're just hurting your soul, man. I kissed a 5 once and couldn't get an erection for 3 months after that.
I prefer real life as well. The swipe app channel has way too many drawbacks, as many posters have mentioned in various threads.

Sex with a woman in the 5-6 range can be uninspiring. They are not fat, but they might have some flab.

You also overestimate how hard it is to pick up women, many are willing and you don't have to do much if your goal is just sex. ngl tho, I'm good looking and charismatic. Still not everyone's cup of tea, got plenty of rejections, but these days I'm very socially calibrated and know when women WANT me to escalate, their hints are subtle. If you can read these signs and wait for them, your rejection rate will be low, but you miss out on some potential action from very shy/less forward/"lukewarm" women. But even shy women leave good hints, just usually non verbal.
I'm a 38 year old guy who has been actively interesting in dating since age 14. I didn't get serious about wanting to date until 16. I have somewhere between 22-24 years. I'll say 24 years since I did go to a school dance in 9th grade interested in making something happen with the opposite sex.

In the last 24 years, I have had some challenges in picking up women. My lifetime notch count is higher than ~95% percent of men but I have endured a lot of rejection and trauma in order to achieve that. I have thousands of rejections to my name, depending upon how you want to count rejections.

My natural social calibration might not be as high as yours. I've had to read a lot of pickup/seduction articles and books over the years.I think I've enhanced my skills over time.

I have lowered my rejection rate by avoiding some approaches that might be lukewarm. I like your method of looking for some hints, either subtle or overt.

Reactions: B80

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
True. Most of the girls under 30 on old are fat, tatted or some other nasty trait. A hot woman under 30 still generally has a social circle and prospects lined up. They have no reason to need old. Thats why a lot of times the women over 30 are better looking than the few young ones on there.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Before covid when old was a bit better I just had a couple crap quality pics and my profile and would get dates and replies. Of course i had more time on my hands to write better messages too though.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Before covid when old was a bit better I just had a couple crap quality pics and my profile and would get dates and replies. Of course i had more time on my hands to write better messages too though.

pics make a massive, massive difference in my opinion. you don;t even have to write much at all in your profile, if anything. I just have my height and 'athletic'. In fact it can break the ice. move stuff along in a weird way, as women regularly will say something like 'you seem very mysterious' or stuff like that, which can obviously tee up some comments to get things moving. I had awful results 3 years ago when I 1st joined, pictures were very mediocre and cobbled together. Had much lower amount of likes/matches, most of which were a 6 at best. Took better pics and resuts were night and day in terms of volume and quality (lookswise anyway).

Last edited:

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love to be the fly on the wall when girls meet the guy she responded to on Tinder just to see her face when he walks in at 5'7" despite appearing taller in pics.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would love to be the fly on the wall when girls meet the guy she responded to on Tinder just to see her face when he walks in at 5'7" despite appearing taller in pics.
I put 5’8” & am not that tall. I haven’t had a problem. I’m sure if I put 6’. That woukd be an issue though.

biggoal

Banned
Reaction score
Women lie massively about height and body type. I'm not just talking about adding 2 inches to height like everyone does, but like 4 inches and more and also about body type too.

Bethatsocialguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
For sure you need your pictures on point.
Picture of smiling and teeth first.
Then a body picture (with clothes) to see style and body shape.
6 pack photo if you have it.
Pictures of you doing cool things for the next 2/3 photos.