Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gun ownership

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Which is total bullshyte to begin with........the highest crime rates happen in cities that have passed gun control (statistical fact). The stricter the gun control the higher the crime rates. Highest violent crime rates occur in the "gun free zones". All statistical facts.

Here in Ohio I can walk down the street with an AR over my shoulder and handguns in each hand. No permit needed. Only if I conceal the firearm do I need a concealed carry permit.

Many states have already bounced the principal of concealed carry and more to follow. Reason is this- ANY "permit" needed is in violation of the 2nd amendment.

I can go buy a fully auto uzi. All I need to do is buy the tax stamp.

I can put a silencer on that uzi....after I buy the tax stamp of course.

Its all a money grab by our government. They are not saying we cant buy those types of weapons, only saying we have to pay them MORE MONEY.

I dont remember the 2nd amendment stating "right to bear arms AS LONG AS YOU PAY OUR GOVERNMENT money to do so".

Thank goodness for Trump, the NRA and other organizations. Otherwise the radical libtards would have already pulled their gun grab on us. Like has been tried in Virginia and so many other states.

People in this country need to wake up and get behind the president if they like their Amendment Rights. These people wont stop at butchering the 2nd amendment if allowed to ever do so. It will then trickle to the First Amendment and so forth.
I think it is BS too, but we are in a feminist controlled society where Big Daddy Gov't controls all. Though, the second amendment does permit States to regulate gun ownership; if they choose to do so. The gov't doesn't want it's citizens to bare arms because if 330,000,000+ people have arms, what's the gov't going to do? It's all about control. Don't think it's not coming to Ohio.. As more and more liberal people leave NJ/NY/CT/CA/WA/OR/IL for cheaper places to leave, their politics will follow. The only way we can ensure that we have a fighting chance is to keep the Supreme Court conservative. While I do not agree on everything with conservatives, I am a fierce supporter of the second amendment and would take up arms to protect my rights. Though, I do not think it would ever come to that in my lifetime.

It really is turning into a life such as on Minority Report / The Bourne Identity. Surreal.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Curious what folks would consider their top three shtf firearms.

The main categories would be:
Pistol
Shotgun
Rifle

Also what type of gun safe, and any specialized training that would be recommended.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
9mm pistol for the portability. Humans and bears.

Last edited:

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love my Kimber:

I also have a mossberg tactical .12 guage, 18.5" barrel. It is the world's worst shotgun for shooting clay pigeons, but it works great on people.

I do not own a rifle. My state does not allow hunters to use rifles for deer, so shotguns are much more common. If I did buy a rifle, I would spend my money more on the scope than the gun. Availability and cost of ammo is another concern.

Glassguy

Reaction score
I love my Kimber:

I also have a mossberg tactical .12 guage, 18.5" barrel. It is the world's worst shotgun for shooting clay pigeons, but it works great on people.

I do not own a rifle. My state does not allow hunters to use rifles for deer, so shotguns are much more common. If I did buy a rifle, I would spend my money more on the scope than the gun. Availability and cost of ammo is another concern.
I have the exact same Kimber .45 custom. Best handgun I own. Pricey but worth it.

They make incredible rifles as well......if you decide to get into the rifle market.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Nope. Wonder what the statistics are on people defensing themselves with a gun from a breakin versus their kids accidentally killing themselves or someone else while playing with the gun they found.

I would bet it astronomically is tilted towards the latter scenario rather than the former.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope. Wonder what the statistics are on people defensing themselves with a gun from a breakin versus their kids accidentally killing themselves or someone else while playing with the gun they found.

I would bet it astronomically is tilted towards the latter scenario rather than the former.
Illinois law explicitly says it is ok to shoot and kill anyone even attempting to break into a residence. Even methheads are not crazy enough to rob houses around here. Yes, I am statistically more likely to shoot myself than a robber, but it is nice to live in a place where the law puts fear into the robbers instead of the residents.

Billtx49

Reaction score
their kids accidentally killing themselves or someone else while playing with the gun they found.
A friend had a bullied at school young teen daughter that killed herself with his handgun. He kept it loaded in a safe.
She knew the lock combo. As well as being skilled with a weapon, owning a firearm requires common sense also…

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Don't have kids then. Dont let your dumb azz life choices effect my right to teach my family common fcking sense. Epic stupid
People like you thinking you are teaching common sense are typically the ones calling in the coroner and the cleanup crews after your teenage son takes your gun and blows his head off in your bathroom because you and him have a sh!tty relationship.

Billtx49

Reaction score
If someone wants to off themselves they will find a way
Rope, gun, window, car....natural selection MEN
I’ll use that natural selection line if I ever know someone else whose child killed themselves due to a parents own stupidity.
It could have saved the man I mentioned some psych therapy if he only knew his daughter sprayed her brain on the ceiling because of natural selection…

logicallefty

Reaction score
I have never had to take another person’s life thank God, but there was one time where had I not been carrying a gun mine could have been taken. I was at a bar one night to meet a chick. Was talking to the chick I came to meet and her friend at the pool table. The boyfriend of the chicks friend thought I was hitting on his woman. He and six his friends followed me outside and we’re going to jump my azz. I tried to calmly talk my way out of the situation but that wasn’t going to fly. I had to flash my gun and pull it half way out , and my badge, and tell them to back the fvck off. This was before I got my off duty 9mm so I was packing my 40 concealed. When they saw I meant business They retreated and went back inside. Yes the badge might’ve helped a little but the gun was far more of an impact.

dustmuffin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have two .38 revolvers, a colt .38super, one ar-15 and a whinchester 30/30 saddle gun. Had a sweet browning light 12 shotgun. I loaned it to my brother and he pawned it for beer money

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is owning a gun for protection a good idea or a hassle? I never owned a gun before but I live in a safe city with not much crime. Do any of you own a gun and if so what kind? Is concealed carry permit worth it to get?
Just to add my two cents...

Owning a gun for protection is a hassle. If you're forced to use it, you're going to be out a LOT of money in legal fees, and that's the best-case scenario; with the worst being you end up a fish in jail. The only upside to using a gun is that you're likely to still be alive after the encounter.

I own a full-sized 9mm, the ammo is by far the cheapest, so you can afford to practice with it the most, and it's perfectly fine for stopping anything short of a grizzly. Guns are dangerous and deserve respect, but they're fun and challenging to shoot well. The sport of shooting itself is half the reason I own a gun.

Concealed carry is pretty much mandatory in my opinon, if you can get it. In WA state it's worth it to avoid potential legal hassles. Open carry is legal here, but I've gotten enough negative attention while doing it that I no longer do. I only carry when I'm hiking and I don't carry around town. With concealed carry you'll need a small gun, which is much less pleasant to shoot than a larger service-style pistol.

Research your local laws and decide for yourself, guns are not to be taken lightly.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Owning a gun for protection is a hassle. If you're forced to use it, you're going to be out a LOT of money in legal fees, and that's the best-case scenario; with the worst being you end up a fish in jail. The only upside to using a gun is that you're likely to still be alive after the encounter.

I own a full-sized 9mm, the ammo is by far the cheapest, so you can afford to practice with it the most, and it's perfectly fine for stopping anything short of a grizzly. Guns are dangerous and deserve respect, but they're fun and challenging to shoot well. The sport of shooting itself is half the reason I own a gun.

Concealed carry is pretty much mandatory in my opinon, if you can get it. In WA state it's worth it to avoid potential legal hassles. Open carry is legal here, but I've gotten enough negative attention while doing it that I no longer do. I only carry when I'm hiking and I don't carry around town. With concealed carry you'll need a small gun, which is much less pleasant to shoot than a larger service-style pistol.

Research your local laws and decide for yourself, guns are not to be taken lightly.
thanks for your input

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Fine. Buy a taser or stun gun. A US citizen can own one w/o a permit in most States. Aside from my firearms, I also have these:

Either have enough volts to stun a bear/dog/etc as well as human.

logicallefty

Reaction score
Fine. Buy a taser or stun gun. A US citizen can own one w/o a permit in most States. Aside from my firearms, I also have these:

Either have enough volts to stun a bear/dog/etc as well as human.
Tasers are something else. I had to ride the lightning during training. Worst 5 seconds of pain ever in my life. But then once the voltage is gone the pain is 100% gone as well in a split second. Zero after affects for me. I actually felt good a few seconds after, like my muscles had been recharged. This was with the police one with the probes in my lower back and azz cheek. With our police Tasers we got the probes in you so if we zap and then you don't behave we just zap you again easily. With the citizen grade ones where you have to put it all the way to the person's body without the benefit of the probes and distance, I have wondered how effective those really are. Because I can tell you once the voltage came off of me I could have came swinging instantly with full force and zero pain.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Tasers are something else. I had to ride the lightning during training. Worst 5 seconds of pain ever in my life. But then once the voltage is gone the pain is 100% gone as well in a split second. Zero after affects for me. I actually felt good a few seconds after, like my muscles had been recharged. This was with the police one with the probes in my lower back and azz cheek. With our police Tasers we got the probes in you so if we zap and then you don't behave we just zap you again easily. With the citizen grade ones where you have to put it all the way to the person's body without the benefit of the probes and distance, I have wondered how effective those really are. Because I can tell you once the voltage came off of me I could have came swinging instantly with full force and zero pain.
Very true. The green one is you have to zap with direct contact and it's pretty powerful in terms of voltage. Higher than the police issued taser since it is direct contact. The other one I listed is the one with the prongs. I like them both and I've only drawn the green one and had no issues. The electric from the gun usually descales the situation pretty quickly. Are they as effective as a regular gun? Well, that depends. Will they kill a person, not likely, but possible. Will they deter and deescalate? Yes. Some people build up a tolerance, so there's that too. However, compared to dealing with killing a person and then being arrested and/or going to court; these are better as every day carries. The taser wins with 15 ft of distance and 30 sec. of continuous voltage (you can press the trigger again to continue the shock. However, the refills are not cheap. Each cartridge is around 35 bucks a piece. You may like getting electrocuted, but most people prefer to avoid it.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've also disarmed guns pointed at me in NYC back in the day. It's more fun too.
I don't know if this is supposed to be sarcasm, but on the odd chance it's not, this is surely a recipe for ending up dead.

Ohso-Phresh

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With guns, there is no resale value to speak of, yes? It seems like new ones are coming out all the time with improvements.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They did a study a while back and found that a man's attitude towards gun ownership was correlated to that same man's attitude towards sleeping with another man's wife. Those who were more accepting of the idea of sleeping with another man's wife, were less accepting of the idea of gun ownership. I guess it makes sense: they are subliminally afraid of being shot by an angry husband.