Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gun ownership

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is owning a gun for protection a good idea or a hassle? I never owned a gun before but I live in a safe city with not much crime. Do any of you own a gun and if so what kind? Is concealed carry permit worth it to get?

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't personally own a gun, but if I had to protect a wife and or children, I'd own one without a doubt.

The way our gun-attitude 'climate' is going these days, I've considered owning one. It's not that I'm into guns or anything, but I'd rather have one when I have the choice than to later have no choice at all in the matter.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't personally own a gun, but if I had to protect a wife and or children, I'd own one without a doubt.

The way our gun-attitude 'climate' is going these days, I've considered owning one. It's not that I'm into guns or anything, but I'd rather have one when I have the choice than to later have no choice at all in the matter.
no doubt

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is owning a gun for protection a good idea or a hassle? I never owned a gun before but I live in a safe city with not much crime. Do any of you own a gun and if so what kind? Is concealed carry permit worth it to get?
It's both a good idea and a hassle. It's a huge responsibility, and proper training is a must. There's a lot more than meets the eye to think about and be aware of.

The more men who obtain their concealed carry, the more our 2nd amendment rights will be protected.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes I own a Glock 19-4, but that's it, just one gun. It's a good blend of size and effectiveness. I do have a concealed carry licence, but seldom actually carry it. Really too much of a pain to carry it, too many places you can't bring it in with you and if you leave it in the car, there is a good chance it will get stolen. I take it to the range once a month to practice.

Can't use more than one at a time so having more is pointless. I just focus on getting really good with the one.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Yes. I own several and also have a carry permit. I rarely take it out of the safe anymore; unless to go shooting at a range. I also have a NY one; which was a pain in the ass to get. For home defense, which the gov't cannot block you from obtaining, a Mossberg 500 is a great shotgun to have.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been thinking of getting one myself and applying for all the proper licensing and everything now that I’m 21 (**** you Illinois, we don’t need a gun registry you fascist ****s!)

Definitely getting one at some point. It’s too valuable to not have.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's both a good idea and a hassle. It's a huge responsibility, and proper training is a must. There's a lot more than meets the eye to think about and be aware of.

The more men who obtain their concealed carry, the more our 2nd amendment rights will be protected.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I own several guns used for target shooting & hunting. I took the concealed carry class and decided not to apply for my license. After hearing the law enforcement instructors tell stories of intruders vs. concealed carry shooters, I decided it was too much legal responsibility.

One thing is for sure you better be ready to kill somebody if you pull a gun out. And you better be ready to die if they have a gun.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I own several guns used for target shooting & hunting. I took the concealed carry class and decided not to apply for my license. After hearing the law enforcement instructors tell stories of intruders vs. concealed carry shooters, I decided it was too much legal responsibility.

One thing is for sure you better be ready to kill somebody if you pull a gun out. And you better be ready to die if they have a gun.
No worries. I'm trained in close hand to hand combat and used it multiple times. I've also disarmed guns pointed at me in NYC back in the day. It's more fun too. Well, except when the cops say I used excessive force; which I didn't buy. Someone who has a gun or knife and is coming at you, you have every right to defend yourself and neutralize the situation.. Most times, I've put them in an armbar, then broke the arm.. Both of them. I was was told that was excessive. My defense was he could had picked up the weapon with the other arm and continued on. You'd be surprised what a person can do when the adrenaline is running through your veins.

I recommend everyone take Brazilian Jujitsu and Muay Thai. It's wonderful to have that knowledge and power to defend yourself and the people you may love or care about.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

that is a given, be ready to kill or die, everytime someone point you a gun

I say most should be willing and like weapons in general, jsut owning one is not enough, you need to know how to keep it in working order, and that mean buying supplies for repair, with is not cheap

Glassguy

Reaction score
I have numerous handguns, rifles (AR's also) and shotguns. And concealed carry (which is BS because the 2nd amendment IS your right to conceal).

All of my guns have a purpose. Hunting, shooting and defense.

Anyone in the market for a handgun should look at Kimber (1911) and Sig Sauer. 2 very good manufacturers and I prefer Kimber handguns over all of them.

No matter where you live, there are crazy people out there with bad intentions. You are better off with the means to protect yourself and never have to rather than need to protect yourself (or family) and not have the means.

I am sure every person that is a victim of a violent crime that didnt have a gun wished they had one and also never expected it to happen to them.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I have numerous handguns, rifles (AR's also) and shotguns. And concealed carry (which is BS because the 2nd amendment IS your right to conceal).

All of my guns have a purpose. Hunting, shooting and defense.

Anyone in the market for a handgun should look at Kimber (1911) and Sig Sauer. 2 very good manufacturers and I prefer Kimber handguns over all of them.

No matter where you live, there are crazy people out there with bad intentions. You are better off with the means to protect yourself and never have to rather than need to protect yourself (or family) and not have the means.

I am sure every person that is a victim of a violent crime that didnt have a gun wished they had one and also never expected it to happen to them.
As much as I'd like to agree with you, we are not guaranteed the right to conceal. It's been struck down that it only covers long guns and shot guns; not concealed carry. Unless, by some how, we can get rid of Ginsburg and the conservative Justices may re-categorize with an updated opinion to include handguns. Handguns are not included since, when the Bill of Rights was written, handguns we're massively available.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny this thread popped up. I just started shopping for a handgun for home defense. I have a .22 rifle and 12 gauge shotgun now, but want something smaller. I looked at a bunch last week; .357, .45, 9mm, 10mm. Various brands, sizes, and styles; kind of overwhelming. I think I'm going with a 9mm so now need to find quality gun at good price.

Sig, Glock, S&W, Kimber seems to be the best. My .22 and 12 gauge are Remington.

I live in Colorado, so no worries on the legal front if someone breaks in, as we have the Make My Day Law: Colorado’s “Make My Day” law gives gun owners the right to shoot and kill an intruder in self-defense if they believe the person intends to commit a crime and use physical force, “no matter how slight.”

Glassguy

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to agree with you, we are not guaranteed the right to conceal. It's been struck down that it only covers long guns and shot guns; not concealed carry. Unless, by some how, we can get rid of Ginsburg and the conservative Justices may re-categorize with an updated opinion to include handguns. Handguns are not included since, when the Bill of Rights was written, handguns we're massively available.
Not to be argumentative, but when the forefathers wrote the second amendment, there were only flintlocks.

The 2nd amendment guarantees my right to own whatever I can afford. Equal to what the government has and doesnt differentiate if it has to be openly carried or can be concealed.

You probably dont want to argue 2nd amendment with me Toad. I'm quite polished on the wording and meaning behind their intent.

But I still love ya.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Not to be argumentative, but when the forefathers wrote the second amendment, there were only flintlocks.

The 2nd amendment guarantees my right to own whatever I can afford. Equal to what the government has and doesnt differentiate if it has to be openly carried or can be concealed.

You probably dont want to argue 2nd amendment with me Toad. I'm quite polished on the wording and meaning behind their intent.

But I still love ya.
No worries and I agree with you. However, the Supreme Court doesn't, and they interprided that States have a right to regulate weapons which can be concealed. Flitlocks were available, however, they were still long and I do not think anyone would be wearing them in their pants (awfully unreliable). Most dudes had a holster where you can see them. Try walking around NY/CT/NJ/IL/CA/WA/OR/MA/HI with a loaded gun in a holster in plain sight. Ain't going to happen, and you may be served with a disturbing the peace summons to boot. If you do not have a permit, you will most certainly go to jail.

Suave88

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is definitely a bad idea and a hassle. What gave you the inkling you need a gun? Has some one spooked you recently? Have you moved out of your city and thus you do not feel safe or got a new job in the wrong side of town or drive thru new neighborhood?

If your life has changed for good or bad. I so recommend you a gun and a vest, buy the vest for the caliber of the gun you own. That is if you live in open carrier state, and you open carry your gun.
A conceal weapon is an advantage cause you don't let the bytch or bytches know you are packing. I won't tell you if I own a gun or not and type or where I live, but depending on where you hang at you buy your gun.
I believeive 9mm is the best. If you have kids around, make sure you buy a gun with a decocker and put a lack to it. If you live a fast live I recommend you a Glock-17 or 19, if you want something nicer, get a. Polish PM-63C, alternative, and my best advice, dont buy a gun and stay in your safe city.
However, if after all the advice you have got here, you are still undesided about buying or not a gun, I want you to know that no matter how prepare or armed you are, when it is your day, you gonna get it one way or another.
At last, remember it is always best to avoid trouble and try not to be a perpetrator, try not to be a bystander, and definitely, try not to be a victim.

forcerecon01

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is definitely a bad idea and a hassle. What gave you the inkling you need a gun? Has some one spooked you recently? Have you moved out of your city and thus you do not feel safe or got a new job in the wrong side of town or drive thru new neighborhood?

If your life has changed for good or bad. I so recommend you a gun and a vest, buy the vest for the caliber of the gun you own. That is if you live in open carrier state, and you open carry your gun.
A conceal weapon is an advantage cause you don't let the bytch or bytches know you are packing. I won't tell you if I own a gun or not and type or where I live, but depending on where you hang at you buy your gun.
I believeive 9mm is the best. If you have kids around, make sure you buy a gun with a decocker and put a lack to it. If you live a fast live I recommend you a Glock-17 or 19, if you want something nicer, get a. Polish PM-63C, alternative, and my best advice, dont buy a gun and stay in your safe city.
However, if after all the advice you have got here, you are still undesided about buying or not a gun, I want you to know that no matter how prepare or armed you are, when it is your day, you gonna get it one way or another.
At last, remember it is always best to avoid trouble and try not to be a perpetrator, try not to be a bystander, and definitely, try not to be a victim.
good advice. I guess I thought about owning a gun for that 0000.01 percent of times trouble finds me. Like I said I live in a fairly safe city.I agree it probably is a hassle to own one.

Glassguy

Reaction score
No worries and I agree with you. However, the Supreme Court doesn't, and they interprided that States have a right to regulate weapons which can be concealed. Flitlocks were available, however, they were still long and I do not think anyone would be wearing them in their pants (awfully unreliable). Most dudes had a holster where you can see them. Try walking around NY/CT/NJ/IL/CA/WA/OR/MA/HI with a loaded gun in a holster in plain sight. Ain't going to happen, and you may be served with a disturbing the peace summons to boot. If you do not have a permit, you will most certainly go to jail.
Which is total bullshyte to begin with........the highest crime rates happen in cities that have passed gun control (statistical fact). The stricter the gun control the higher the crime rates. Highest violent crime rates occur in the "gun free zones". All statistical facts.

Here in Ohio I can walk down the street with an AR over my shoulder and handguns in each hand. No permit needed. Only if I conceal the firearm do I need a concealed carry permit.

Many states have already bounced the principal of concealed carry and more to follow. Reason is this- ANY "permit" needed is in violation of the 2nd amendment.

I can go buy a fully auto uzi. All I need to do is buy the tax stamp.

I can put a silencer on that uzi....after I buy the tax stamp of course.

Its all a money grab by our government. They are not saying we cant buy those types of weapons, only saying we have to pay them MORE MONEY.

I dont remember the 2nd amendment stating "right to bear arms AS LONG AS YOU PAY OUR GOVERNMENT money to do so".

Thank goodness for Trump, the NRA and other organizations. Otherwise the radical libtards would have already pulled their gun grab on us. Like has been tried in Virginia and so many other states.

People in this country need to wake up and get behind the president if they like their Amendment Rights. These people wont stop at butchering the 2nd amendment if allowed to ever do so. It will then trickle to the First Amendment and so forth.