Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Guide to getting laid on Instagram

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Why do this?

First of all you need to understand that in today's world: your Instagram account = your social life, whether you like it or not. You need to have some kind of online presence, and having an Instagram account is the best and easiest way to do it.

Any modern woman in 2022 is going to expect you to have an instagram, no point in trying to fight it. Basically what happens is that girls will make sure to analyse your social media before you meet them IRL. Which is a very logical thing to do if you think about it, you're just a stranger she met on the Internet and she's trying to get as many info as possible. Which is why it's important to have a good Instagram account which show that you have a "life"

TL;DR: women use Instagram as a way to filter weirdos as well as friendless and social circle-less spergs and gauge your IRL status

It should also be noted that almost all young women nowadays have an active Instagram account. In fact, according to the report attached to this thread, 52% of Instagram users are female compared to 42% males. Which makes it a very favorable field to stand out as a man, much more than the sausage fest that is Tinder and other dating apps.

What you need

Very simple stuff:
  1. Internet connection
  2. PC
  3. nFollowers extension on your browser (make sure you don't use a mobile app that automatically follows/unfollows accounts, there is a high chance of your account getting banned if you do this)
The method

The important milestones you need to reach and maintain are:
  1. A followers/following ratio equal to or above 1 (very important)
  2. 1k followers (status halo)
  3. 100+ likes per post
Ideally you would want to wait until you reach 500 followers to post your first pic, this will make it easier to reach the desired 100+ likes per post. This is also the point where people will consider that you have a "normal/NT" follower count.

The process (most important)

First, you need to get the ball rolling with a few dozen followers. Follow people that you personally know (friends, family, colleagues). Once that is done, you'll be able to start the process that you'll repeat everyday (won't take you more than 30 minutes a day):

1. Check your nFollowers and unfollow accounts that don't follow you back (copy/paste the usernames into Instagram)
  2. Like new posts from your following (having a good engagement towards your following will make them more likely to like your pics)
  3. Check you recent followers and go to their profile, start following people who follow them and have a followers/following ratio around 1 (ideally lower but not too low), focus on people who are around the same age as you and live in the same country. Avoid accounts who have a followers/following ratio too much in their favour because they probably won't follow you back. Also avoid people with a low followers count (below 200), they probably only follow people they know personally. Instagram is gonna block you from following more accounts after 50 new follows, you can stop there or wait a few hours and do it again (I suggest not overdoing it, once or twice a day is good enough)
  4. Repeat everyday

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Part 2

You'll probably gain around 5-10 new followers everyday doing this. This will go up once you post your first picture.

Once in a while you'll need to "purge" your following to take your followers/following ratio slightly above Unfollow people with ****ty usernames, no profile pics, very low followers/following ratio, low engagement towards your posts, etc.

Posting

Post a nice picture of you with a good photo quality, try to avoid selfies. Ideally a picture of you doing stuff outside, at a social event or around people (make sure that nobody mogs you on the pic).

It is best to post in the late afternoon/early evening to get as much engagement as possible. This is when people are coming back from work/school and check their social media in the bus/metro or when they get home.

Studies also found that carousel posts (posts with multiple pictures) get the best engagement rate, so if you have multiple nice pictures post them all in one post. Using the location can also yield more engagement. I suggest avoiding hashtags because they're not that effective and you'll look like a tryhard if you use them.

Tag your bros and/or people who were there when the picture was taken, this will get you additional likes and potentially comments. People check stories more than they check posts so make sure you share your post in a story.

Other important stuff
  1. Post stories when you do cool stuff (travelling, going to a sports game, eating at fancy restaurant) and post it in the highlights section
  2. Make your profile private, this will do two things: make people more likely to follow you back because they're curious and make sure that people who follow you won't unfollow if you take too long to follow them back because you need to accept their follow request first
  3. People can easily notice when someone is buying followers: they have a weird followers/following ratio when you consider their looks level, likes/followers ratio is very low (they usually buy followers but not likes) and the fake accounts are easily noticeable (weird names, low follower count, all accounts look the same)

Good luck everyone

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Isn't it just easier to meet people in person than do all this shiit on Instagram? I get your point about it being superior to Tinder or the swipe apps and I agree with that point. However, there is no substitute for starting interactions in person.
Why limit yourself to only irl approaches? A player uses every tool in his arsenal. I use instagram,dating apps and irl approaches to maximise my results.

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of good points, but you only focus on the positives. I can't in good conscious support the use of a bullsh1t app that will eventually erode at your soul and leave you an empty shell of a man, as well as time that is better spent elsewhere.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say the odds of DMing a girl going anywhere on Instagram are:

50/50 if she's following you

10% (1 in 10) if she's not following you.

1% if she has more than a certain amount of followers. Which could be as low as 1,000 or as high as 10,000.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of good points, but you only focus on the positives. I can't in good conscious support the use of a bullsh1t app that will eventually erode at your soul and leave you an empty shell of a man, as well as time that is better spent elsewhere.
Could you elaborate on this? Lol

Totally agree that a lot of the women that use Instagram are super shallow tho

DreamAgain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on this? Lol

Totally agree that a lot of the women that use Instagram are super shallow tho
Yes, there are many points but I don't feel like typing them all out.

I had a pretty good account (not as good as @Zimbabwe notes in his opening post, but it was enough to achieve some of the points he made). However, the cost of this was:

1) I was implicitly finding myself "following" and "liking" people I had no interest in "following" or "liking", just so they would do it back to me. This promoted a sense of false representation in myself and made me feel very disingenuous.

2) I found myself opening the app more and more, and wasting more time "checking up" on the various people that I was now following. This was a serious waste of time.

3) I felt I was going to events and doing things just so I could advertise my life on instagram, to people who couldn't care less in the grand scheme of things what I was doing. This in general made me enjoy life much less.

4) I felt my sense of self worth sort of tied to my number of likes and followers, particularly if you are attempting to game women on there who interpret this 10x more seriously than us guys.

5) The app is designed to in fact keep you coming back and using it more and more, particularly that infinite scroll feed. It is an app designed to break down your sense of worth and tie it to using the app more and more.

Overall I suppose someone who has an iron clad control over their emotions and mental state can use it purely for the utilitarian purpose of a tool to communicate with more women, but I posit many of these negative aspects cannot be overcome just by choice.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
How much have you managed to get laid on Instagram yourself OP?
Less then Tinder but more than cold approach.

Yes, there are many points but I don't feel like typing them all out.

I had a pretty good account (not as good as @Zimbabwe notes in his opening post, but it was enough to achieve some of the points he made). However, the cost of this was:

1) I was implicitly finding myself "following" and "liking" people I had no interest in "following" or "liking", just so they would do it back to me. This promoted a sense of false representation in myself and made me feel very disingenuous.

2) I found myself opening the app more and more, and wasting more time "checking up" on the various people that I was now following. This was a serious waste of time.

3) I felt I was going to events and doing things just so I could advertise my life on instagram, to people who couldn't care less in the grand scheme of things what I was doing. This in general made me enjoy life much less.

4) I felt my sense of self worth sort of tied to my number of likes and followers, particularly if you are attempting to game women on there who interpret this 10x more seriously than us guys.

5) The app is designed to in fact keep you coming back and using it more and more, particularly that infinite scroll feed. It is an app designed to break down your sense of worth and tie it to using the app more and more.

Overall I suppose someone who has an iron clad control over their emotions and mental state can use it purely for the utilitarian purpose of a tool to communicate with more women, but I posit many of these negative aspects cannot be overcome just by choice.
It's so easy to control how much you use, I don't use it for more than 15 minutes a day. I automated the whole follow/unfollow process with the nfollers browser extension.

I don't actually go to that many events i just saved a bunch of videos at resturuants and stuff that i post to the highlights to make it look like i have an active life.

Women will follow and like your posts without you having to do all that much.

You know what a better idea is?

Start your own successful company. And have a website. That's real proof. And it's not gay taking photos of yourself for the appeasement of women on a female-focused social media site.

Chicks know you're buying your instagram followers now (I think you can buy 5K followers for like 50 bucks) and photoshopping yourself onto Hawaii beaches. They aren't stupid.

In fact, male lying has gotten so outta control now that it's a real battle getting a girl to believe anything impressive about yourself. Guys have taken the whole "say/do anything to get a girl into bed" to a dark place that's now just made women ultra suspicious of us all.
With instagram you get access to women you don't normally meet from Tinder or IRL. Like i said earlier it's just another tool in the arsenal.

I'd say the odds of DMing a girl going anywhere on Instagram are:

50/50 if she's following you

10% (1 in 10) if she's not following you.

1% if she has more than a certain amount of followers. Which could be as low as 1,000 or as high as 10,000.
You don't even need to DM her first, post exciting videos on your highlights and a good percentage of girls will actually DM you first by replying to it.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why limit yourself to only irl approaches? A player uses every tool in his arsenal. I use instagram,dating apps and irl approaches to maximise my results.

Time is precious... Instead, one could use every tool in his arsenal to be truly successful - a good career (or even a super successful business), a good life, good friends, being healthy, etc...

If a person spends too much of his time on "silly stuff", there's less time for the real important stuff. When a girl has to choose between someone who has it all together vs someone who is spending a lot of his time trying to get women through various strategies; the high value girl will pick the guy who has it all together.

Even if by luck, the guy with all the weird strategies "gets the girl", it wouldn't be long until she leaves him for the guy who has it all together.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I have no Instagram account. Never been an issue for me. People seemingly justify things to themselves that just aren't true.

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
Time is precious... Instead, one could use every tool in his arsenal to be truly successful - a good career (or even a super successful business), a good life, good friends, being healthy, etc...

If a person spends too much of his time on "silly stuff", there's less time for the real important stuff. When a girl has to choose between someone who has it all together vs someone who is spending a lot of his time trying to get women through various strategies; the high value girl will pick the guy who has it all together.

Even if by luck, the guy with all the weird strategies "gets the girl", it wouldn't be long until she leaves him for the guy who has it all together.
If you attract women with money, you will only get gold diggers who want to marry and divorce you for your money. No woman will ever love you as long as they know you are rich.

So it is much easier to find the right woman when you are poor than when you are rich. Ever notice how the vast majority of celebrities and rich people get divorced many times while normal people do not?

I'm just a young who wants to bang a lot of woman, not that i ignore other aspects of my life. I'm the only guy my age who has a legit investment portfolio.

How many notches?
Only 5, if it was an impressive amount i would highlight in my initial post. That's still 5 lays that i otherwise would not have gotten.

You seem to be very focused on "access" - you're spamming bro and it's reducing the overall quality of your Game. You actually don't want to be dealing with too many women simultaneously. You want to be targeting roughly 3-4 women who are receptive to you at any one time. Any more than that is just an overload and you start viewing women as objects to spam.

And have you noticed that the more you spam women, the more you feel the urge to spam even more women? Before you know it, you'll have a red dot on your head and you'll be sending "Pls send bobs and vagene" messages.
I don't have much other options since i have no social circle and only cold approach on weekends. Tinder is great so far but i could get banned any time (already banned on hinge and bumble).

The same high quality photos i take for insta i use for tinder and even used to use it for my linkedin before i shut it down. Instagram is definitely a very easy tool to use and it doesn't require that much effort.

Slowhandluke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you attract women with money, you will only get gold diggers who want to marry and divorce you for your money. No woman will ever love you as long as they know you are rich.
If you equate high value women who like successful, competent guys who have their shiet together as "gold diggers", so be it.

So it is much easier to find the right woman when you are poor than when you are rich.
I disagree, but you be you...

Ever notice how the vast majority of celebrities and rich people get divorced many times while normal people do not?
There have been research on this. Wealthy people have lower divorce rates. You can look this up. Obviously, Hollywood people have more divorces because Hollywood people are weird and to be honest they all seem to be emotional unstable (e.g., Will Smith and Jada). Something that does not bode well for long term marriages.

I'm just a young who wants to bang a lot of woman, not that i ignore other aspects of my life. I'm the only guy my age who has a legit investment portfolio.
If this is the case, wouldn't your time better be spent looking for a "professional"? A slut on Instagram will probably have more diseases; especially if she is kinda dim and cannot discern your ulterior motives.

Congratulations on the investment portfolio. I'm assuming if you put even more time in it, perhaps you can make it grow even bigger? Wouldn't that be a better goal than trying to nail sluts on Instagram? In any case, whatever.. you be you...

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be blunt i just don't think the effort required for a man to do this is worth it

I do know guys that attempt to be as active as women on social media but it looks absolutely exhausting for a man to try and navigate all the nonsense

A real man simply shouldn't care about all this virtue signalling crap

A higher than average follower count and a busy profile may just get your foot in the door with some women ( whether they are the type you will want to be with is another question ) however i don't believe for one second it will give you a competitive edge unless she has already met you and is already interested in you

You also need to bare in mind the types of women who are besotted with these apps are fickle by nature meaning anything you post will get analysed and could easily be misconstrued damaging any progress you have made

Overall i think its a complete waste of time and extremely damaging

make money meet b1tches in real life

Instagram is the definition of " flattering to deceive "

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Probably sound like a broken record - I’ll echo some other guys here and say I’ve never had an Instagram account and have had no trouble pulling hot women - including ones in their early 20s who themselves were obsessed with Instagram and social media. As a man, you don’t need it at all.

OP - your posts seem to uniformly reject the idea of cold approach as being superior to using some type of online program like Tinder or Instagram. You are one of the very few who think this way on this site. Why do you believe this?