Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Grow A Beard

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
A professor once said: there are two types of males in this world. Men with beards, and then there are fe-males.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,750
Reaction score
9,949
I’ve literally had girls approach me DTF because of my beard. Ive turned down jobs because they required me to shave.
Got a bit of a James Harden look going on there.
 

characternote

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 31, 2018
Messages
1,256
Reaction score
1,463
I've been looking into a hair transplant recently, and now legit wondering how much it'll cost extra if I ask them to give me a beard aswell.

Worth it if girls think they're hot
 

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
4,762
Reaction score
7,972
Location
USA, Louisiana
I can't grow a decent beard unless its a goatee, and its pure white. I pass for early 40s... With that grey @ss beard, I look my age.

I will say if you can grow a decent beard you should do it...
 

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
4,762
Reaction score
7,972
Location
USA, Louisiana
When I was in Afghanistan they encouraged us to grow beards to fit in better and the locals we were working with had a hard time respecting you if you didn't have one. Anyway that's the first and last time I grew a beard... When it came in it was white, I freaking hated it. But in Afghanistan, if you had a grey beard, that gave you lots of respect. The logic being if you have a grey beard it means as a soldier you had a lot of experience and were good enough to stay alive having it.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2013
Messages
3,069
Reaction score
946
My facial hair grows in patchy, it's definitely trending the last few years and that's probably a good reason why most women responded to that survey liking beards. Even if I could grow one I wouldn't do it, why cover up my good looking face and jawline? Ladies dig it cause it's in, whatever way the media sways their opinion on what is attractive they will follow and men will capitalize. Do you beards ain't for everyone, some men can pull it off some can't
 

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
1,672
Reaction score
1,406
Age
37
Location
So Cal
5 day growth is the sweet spot. Gives contrast to the face which adds more depth and still signals masculine. Couple that with a strong jaw and cheekbones; you’re in a very small minority of men.

having a big beard I believe attracts less women from first glance. And the day the beard-grower shaves is the day his relationship will take a turn.

there was another article like the one stated in the OP and it touched on men who have a beard then shave. There were droves of women who wish they never did. Seems as though it was the beard which gave them the initial draw. Generally bigger beards are hiding weak facial structure or poor skin.

I’ve had a beard. While it was interesting to grow and see different sides of myself, it ultimately was a lot of maintenance and made me more generic. Ohh and that dry skin!

I think our natural features should highlight, not take away. Men with beards; their beards usually take away from other parts of theirself then they just become known as “the guy with the beard”
 

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,425
Well...I'm in Asia guys....beards aren't deemed as attractive here......and bitches always complain it hurts their faces....I have a beard right now though but the mustache part is very rough like sandpaper.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,750
Reaction score
9,949
bitches always complain it hurts their faces....I have a beard right now though but the mustache part is very rough like sandpaper.
That's the problem that I ran into when I had facial hair. The hair that grows on my face is very stiff and thick, it's like jabbing the girls with a porcupine.
 

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,425
That's the problem that I ran into when I had facial hair. The hair that grows on my face is very stiff and thick, it's like jabbing the girls with a porcupine.

Yeah, no one really talks about this but it becomes an issue when u can't kiss a girl without making her face red like sandpaper especially an ethnic Asian chick who not used to it. A lot of them are healthy skin and moisturizer lotion freaks.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Prettyboy Dee

Banned
Joined
Jan 6, 2020
Messages
199
Reaction score
265
Age
33
Location
Atlanta, Ga
I hate beards lol I have to shave every other day to keep a clean shaven face, clean shaven keeps me looking younger than my age(26) and since I have soft features it fits me more.
 

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,425
I think I look good with a 5 to 6 day beard anything more is too much and makes me look older and unkempt looking. My face is already masculine for the most part I just keep a trimmed down jawline beard neckneard I guess u could say but not shaggy at all. I can grow an all out Viking heard if I want though.
 

logicallefty

Moderator
Joined
Apr 26, 2006
Messages
6,000
Reaction score
5,151
Age
52
Location
Northeast Florida, USA
No beard here, just a mustache. GF and I have this thing where she wants to see what I look like without it. I told her I want to see what her snatch looks like WITH some hair cuz the feminist shaved c00ter fad that started in the mid 1990s really isn’t my thing, haven’t yet got used to it. In my mind grown WOMEN have hair down below and little girls do not. So we have been at this stubborn joke stand still for months. She won’t grow downstairs until I shave upstairs. Neither will budge.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,750
Reaction score
9,949
Dude im 45. Ive seen a few fashion fads. If you like a beard. Have one. If you don't shave. Don't let a woman dictate your look. Especially zztop.
I'd love to have one of those crazy mountain man beards. I just don't have the patience to go through the different stages to get it to that point. Do women like that look? I have no idea.

I've seen a lot of different polls on facial hair that said completely different things. I think a lot of it comes down to fashion, like you said earlier. The stubble look seems to usually be popular. Sometimes just a moustache finishes in last place, sometimes not. I've seen polls where women liked cleanshaven the least, and others where it was the overwhelming favorite. Who knows? Do what you like.
 

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
256
Reaction score
102
Location
-
Grow a beard because you fvcking like the way it looks on yourself and it's part of your aesthetic, not because some article from a trash "news" publication.... don't even cite the damn source.
This.
I clean shave every day except when I forget. I do it because I want to look this way. The only reason men grow beards all that much in the modern age is because they are convinced it matters - that it makes them look more masculine. This wasn't necessary last century, most young men were actually clean-shaven or maybe had just a mustache and not a full beard.

Look, if you're convinced you look too boyish, then by all means, don't be afraid to experiment with your facial hair. Just don't take the whole thing too far. You're constantly being bombarded with "you have too much hair, you don't have enough hair." If you listen to every such demand you'll be miserable.

Some people insist that having a beard makes you less susceptible to certain pollen allergies, but I think that might just be propaganda.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,750
Reaction score
9,949
The only reason men grow beards all that much in the modern age is because they are convinced it matters - that it makes them look more masculine.
I wouldn't say that necessarily. Some guys just don't like to shave. I hate to shave myself, but I opt for clean shaven based more on feel rather than looks. I like the way my face feels better without the scratchy hair. That's propped up by the fact that my facial hair comes in gray now, so it makes me look older - which in turn makes me feel older.
 

bcude

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2019
Messages
762
Reaction score
1,219
Age
44
I don't have a beard, something between 10-20 days, but once i shaved cleanly and my gf at the time asked me. "who's this boy and what have you done to my man?"
I let that speak for itself.
 

zekko

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 6, 2009
Messages
16,750
Reaction score
9,949
I couldn't care less, though, because every image of a greek god has a gray beard.
Not entirely true, but it's a nice idea. Anyway, I can't be arsed to dye my hair either. Although I recall there was a period on this forum where guys were swearing that dying their hair resulted in better results with women. I've always thought that dying it was a sign of weakness or femininity to some extent, but whatever. A lot of the time it looks unnatural, but I've known a few guys who dyed it where I had no idea. One of them was gay, and the other was from India, so the black hair looked natural on him.
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
meh... I don't like how scratchy beards get, but I also don't like to shave much so I usually have a 2-3 days shadow which I think makes me look better. I had a goatee for years and some of my coworkers have said I should grow it back, but that was even more work than shaving itself and my beard isn't what you'd call symmetrical so another reason not to have one.

What are y'all's thoughts on salt n pepper beards?

I'm not gray on my head almost at all (slowly losing hair tho), but my beard has some gray, some brown, some red and some blonde (go figure) i usually shave before going out since losing the gray in the beard helps me look the 34-ish most people usually guess for me.
 

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2019
Messages
2,236
Reaction score
2,822
Age
48
I've been looking into a hair transplant recently, and now legit wondering how much it'll cost extra if I ask them to give me a beard aswell.

Worth it if girls think they're hot
Noooooo

What hair are they going to transplant onto your face? Your pubes? You'll either have soft head hair on your face, or pubes. Either way you'll look like a freak lol
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Top