Going to be another brutal summer for much of the US it appears...

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is craziness...it's not even the end of May yet and Miami has already spent more hours above a heat index of 108 since the beginning of May than it has in any other YEAR total...

Parts of Texas are expecting temps between 113-120 later this week...

A bad sign for what is to come when it's already this warm...

Also places in Southeast Asia have been sweltering recently as well with Myanmar setting a new all time high temperature of 119 in late April or early May and several other countries are having disruptive heat already as well, similar to last year...

Pretty soon many of these places will be uninhabitable if this continues warming at the rate it has seemingly every year being warmer than the last.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I glad I'm in the Netherlands.

Dr.Suave

Reaction score
Pretty soon many of these places will be uninhabitable if this continues warming at the rate it has seemingly every year being warmer than the last.
Im worried about this stuff too tbh. I could hardly move to another city due to my job and taking care of elder parent

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Was in Palm Springs recently. Too cold to use the pool.
Not sure how warm it needs to be for you but since the beginning of May every day has reached a minimum high temp of 85 and there have been 10 days so far 93 or higher with 2 days of 98, 2 days of 97 and 3 days of 96. The average high for May is 86 there, meaning it's been far warmer than normal...

Seems like you might want to go get checked out for not being warm blooded like the rest of us humans. Any of those days would have been plenty warm to use the pool for 99% of the human population.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop complaining. I love the heat. Summer going to be busting. Hotter temps means more pool parties and less clothing on women everywhere. My kind of season.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Down Here we are being gaslit about global warming,I read headlines about how hot our weather is getting,but try telling that to my Tomatoes...As a Boy in the fifties growing up in the Highlands,there was Kudos in getting the first ripe Tomato,by kickstarting them under glass,enthusiasts would aim to achieve this by Christmas Day,I generally used to get one by New Years Day or a few days later.... For the last four years I have been lucky to get one by February!....Global food production has never been higher,why worry?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Down Here we are being gaslit about global warming,I read headlines about how hot our weather is getting,but try telling that to my Tomatoes...As a Boy in the fifties growing up in the Highlands,there was Kudos in getting the first ripe Tomato,by kickstarting them under glass,enthusiasts would aim to achieve this by Christmas Day,I generally used to get one by New Years Day or a few days later.... For the last four years I have been lucky to get one by February!....Global food production has never been higher,why worry?
Some places actually will end up being cooler, but the vast majority will end up being warmer and some of them much much warmer, especially the ones that are very cold much of the time.

Alaska is having a ton of issues already because the waterways aren't staying frozen or aren't frozen solid enough during winters and it's disrupting their travel as they are used to drive over normally or ride sleds over.

Also the permafrost which has begun unfreezing rapidly is now destroying their foundations of their houses and buildings which were built accounting for that layer to keep things in place.

You can pretend it doesn't exist but you are delusional if you actually believe it

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh no, Alaskans can't go sledding. It's doomsday!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in Phoenix and we had our first 100 degree day about 3 weeks later than normal.

That being said, it's guaranteed to be a brutal summer by virtue of this being an Election Year.

The 2023 summer when it was 110 for 30 days straight was *less* brutal than the 2021 and 2020 ones due to the lack of riots and shutdowns.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warmer climate = more rain, stronger hurricanes and thunderstorms.

Not to mention how this will affect agriculture…
Don't fret mate,it's water and warmth that make a green house productive...look at the bottom line,World agricultural production has been consistantly rising since the late sixties far outstripping the exponential rise in population...On the Tropical storms front,Google in,"Tropical cyclones are occurring less frequently around the world due to climate change"....Just looking at my own few acres,youngest Lass has a Horse,that SHE is supposed to look after,back in the day buying in Hay kept me poor,for the last few years I have had to ask a neighbour to let a young milker in,to keep the grass down!

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Warmer climate = more rain, stronger hurricanes and thunderstorms.

Not to mention how this will affect agriculture…
NWS has just released their hurricane forecast and it's has the highest forecast for "named" storms since they have been doing it with 39 forecast...

A named storm is any tropical storm or higher with sustained winds 39 mph or stronger.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Don't fret mate,it's water and warmth that make a green house productive...look at the bottom line,World agricultural production has been consistantly rising since the late sixties far outstripping the exponential rise in population...On the Tropical storms front,Google in,"Tropical cyclones are occurring less frequently around the world due to climate change"....Just looking at my own few acres,youngest Lass has a Horse,that SHE is supposed to look after,back in the day buying in Hay kept me poor,for the last few years I have had to ask a neighbour to let a young milker in,to keep the grass down!
Agricultural output has far more to do with advances in growing techniques, genetically modified plants to increase yields and make it more resistant to pests, drought, heat, etc and numerous other advanced in farming and agriculture. Additionally better storage and transport has become mainstream in more places.

For instance, did you know that up until recently over 90% of the banana crop in India was ruined due to having no temperature controlled shipping to markets? Most of the harvest was ruined before it could even be sold.

Let's not confuse facts with fiction.

Also let's not be so ignorant that you use your specific location to assess how things are throughout the rest of the world. Cannot believe this still has to be said but people keep trying to bring up this nonsense all the time.

The yearly and monthly world high temperature records continue to be shattered almost every month and year now and the number of record highs are 4-5x higher than the number of record lows. If this wasn't an issue they would be in balance as a 1:1 ratio.

The good thing is, the truth is always the truth whether or not you choose to believe it. You can keep your head buried in the sand like an ostrich and just keep pretending it's not happening. Maybe someday you'll wake up and it will all just go away.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yep and from ~1600 until 1800 you could ice skate the Thames….

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup,
And in the Medieval age they grew Grapes in England!

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
I am amused that after using a specific location,India to make a point,you then criticise my using my location as case study.....Yes,our Agronomists have done a fine job on improving varieties and soils. Just why wont they continue doing this? Many of my relations have farms in Scotland, a miserable cold existence,they were insensed that not long ago their taxes funded a huge Global warming conference in Glasgow,they would love global warming.....Someone spoke of the tundra melting,the next step is grass growing on it,stock feeding on it,the huge Wheatlands of Russia and Canada will spread North....Talking of Canada,the unfreezing of the North West Passage Which had previously ocurred in the Medieval ages) will unlock her immense resources,the same is happening in Northern Russia...As my Old Mum would say,it's a very black cloud that doesn't have a silver lining LOL.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyway, we're fine. The world will move as it does and we humans always have to adapt. Stronger weather means we use stronger methods to fend for ourselves or stay away from the hotspots. All this complaining is sad to see on this forum over nature. Once again humanity attempting to control what it cannot.