Going to be another brutal summer for much of the US it appears...

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if a blessing or a threat for you guys in the US given the average weight of the average woman there.
Both unfortunately. I went to an outdoor event today here in the midwest. A mix of fat and skinny. And it was hot so you know the type of clothing that was out.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Fruitbat,
Why all this had to be politicised only the good Lord knows...Never before has any Culture self destructed on this level....One decent Volcano like say Krakatoa and they will all have egg on their faces.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hi There Eyes be Rollin,
Once we close our minds on any issue we are doomed!
The bigger issue is most people have no idea what climate change actually means, they simply look at if it's hotter out this week than normal and if it isn't they decide that it's fake.

That's not how it works, nor does it mean that EVERY place will get warmer. In fact some places will actually get cooler due to disruption of the circulating ocean current patterns that are well established but are starting to break down as well as the circulating jet streams that typically are stable but also starting to break down far more frequently.

What that leads to is wild shifts in the pendulum with crazy occurrences happening far more frequently and all at the same time in different places.

Just in the US over the last few years it hasn't been unusual to see one area of the country having record drought and heat, another having record rains and flooding, another having devastating tornado outbreaks and another with hurricanes or tropical storms that are far more severe than usual and more frequent.

Record highs have been outpacing record lows every year at a higher and higher rate.
And especially record low minimum temperatures where it does not cool down at night. Many of the all time warmest months that are being set are in large part to the very warm low temperatures being far far above normal, more than the record high temps. Basically the warmth is being kept in at night and not allowed to dissipate. Some of it is the urban heat island effect but that is a long way from explaining all of it. Record low
warm temps are now outpacing record low cold temps 6 to 1. So for every 1 record low cold temp, we have 6 record warm low temps. That should not be happening.

Look at the expansion of the hot daily lows on the chart at an almost parabolic rate.
If it was a stock, that would equate to a strong buy signal.

If this continues it's going to cause some serious issues...the higher low temperatures make it easier for for the higher high temperatures to keep increasing as they don't have as far to go and it turns into a vicious feedback loop.

1716690402057.png

Effectively, every year is turning into an almost never ending series of natural disasters one after another after another at an every increasing pace and becoming more and more severe.

THAT'S what climate change means...imagine a an old grandfather clock pendulum that has swung perfectly in balance going back and forth the same distance from the center for hundreds of years and now all of a sudden it starts going 10% further on each side then swinging back a little faster and then 20% and swinging back even faster, then 30% and then 40% and then pretty soon it starts getting out of control and it's violently going back and forth with no way of stopping it...that's pretty close to where we are right now.

For the people who don't want to believe it, all I can say is that your ignorance on the matter will not change the outcome.

Last edited:

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is craziness...it's not even the end of May yet and Miami has already spent more hours above a heat index of 108 since the beginning of May than it has in any other YEAR total...

Parts of Texas are expecting temps between 113-120 later this week...

A bad sign for what is to come when it's already this warm...

Also places in Southeast Asia have been sweltering recently as well with Myanmar setting a new all time high temperature of 119 in late April or early May and several other countries are having disruptive heat already as well, similar to last year...

Pretty soon many of these places will be uninhabitable if this continues warming at the rate it has seemingly every year being warmer than the last.
The successors to Sawney Bean who've peopled large sections of Texas for the past two centuries made this neck of the woods uninhabitable looooooooong ago. The weather warming up a bit couldn't be more moot of a point

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
"For the people who don't want to believe it, all I can say is that your ignorance on the matter will not change the outcome."And can I say neither will your "Profound Knowledge".

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
"For the people who don't want to believe it, all I can say is that your ignorance on the matter will not change the outcome."And can I say neither will your "Profound Knowledge".
That's true, but it isn't my knowledge, it's simply science and the truth and honestly a lot of it is common sense.

Doesn't take a genius to know it's not normal to turn on the news and see every region in the country experiencing a different kind of record type of event all at the same time.

Last edited:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
This is even more absurd on a global scale...a difference of almost 2C in some cases is astronomical in terms of being that much higher than the previous warmest temperature.

It would be like the someone breaking Wayne Gretzky's goal record in hockey by like 500 goals or LeBron James point record by like 15,000 points. It's just not even imaginable...to the point scientists are literally terrified of what they are seeing.

1716690773242.png

And 2024 is already starting out on a banger, setting new global record high temperatures in every month so far this year thru April and undoubtedly in May again with how abnormally hot it's been in many places throughout the world...

Been on a nearly 1 year streak of new world record warm months since June of last year. Doesn't look like it's about to end anytime soon either.

1716691089217.png

The last time earth was this warm was at least 125,000 years ago and likely longer...IMO, if we aren't careful we are going to cause our own extinction and it likely will come far quicker than what they expect, similar to how it's starting warm faster and faster and much quicker than they thought it would.

Humanity's best hope is for more advancements on Carbon Capture and Storage(CCS) and Direct Air Capture(DAC) technologies on a massive global scale. Some of the technologies that have come to light over the last decade are extremely promising, the issue is ramping them up to a global scale to even put a dent in ever increasing greenhouse gas emissions that keep occurring, in no small part due to places like China and India that burn more coal than the rest of the world combined and in large part have no emissions standards, polluting the atmosphere far more than coal burning in other countries would. China and India alone account for about 65% of the world's coal burning, at over 5.35 Billion Metric tons per year. The US, in comparison uses 480 million metric tons a year but that number continues to drop every year.

However, one silver lining is that China is also by far the leader in renewable energy especially in Solar, but also in wind and hydro as well, so they are making progress, just not as rapidly as needed.

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
We have had all this out in our Parliament very recently,a Tasmanian Politician created a furore by stating it was 4 degrees Centigrade hotter 100.000 years ago,she quoted Al Gores book,"An Inconvenient Truth" and Tim Flanneries publication "The Weather Makers"...Though they Don't like it the fact checkers admitted that ice cores taken by British Scientists in Antactica,showed that it was indeed 3-5 degrees hotter down there 110.000 years ago.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
We have had all this out in our Parliament very recently,a Tasmanian Politician created a furore by stating it was 4 degrees Centigrade hotter 100.000 years ago,she quoted Al Gores book,"An Inconvenient Truth" and Tim Flanneries publication "The Weather Makers"...Though they Don't like it the fact checkers admitted that ice cores taken by British Scientists in Antactica,showed that it was indeed 3-5 degrees hotter down there 110.000 years ago.
OK great, so it's now only the hottest in 110,000 years then. That really showed them!

They also showed an absolutely unprecedented increase in both Carbon Dioxide and Methane levels rapidly rising since the industrial revolution that have far far outpaced anything ever seen in the last 800,000 years. Not 110,000 years...800,000, over 7 times longer.

Guess what follows rapidly increasing CO2 and Methane levels?

Yup...you guessed it...rapidly rising temperatures...the rate of which increases in proportion to the increase in those gases.

See how easy common sense is...It's really not that hard is it?

Seems like something even you could get the hang of pretty quickly with enough urburying of your head out of the sand. Just pull it out and take a look around once in a while...

Like Ferris Bueller said 'Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.'

Just a thought...just a thought...maybe you could even do a Fandango...for Galileo? If Bizmillah will let you go that is...

1716695287613.png

Last edited:

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Dumb memes are all he has. The truth lives on whether people accept it or not. Anthropogenic climate change is not debatable.
It was an ice age coming 30 years ago.
Was that debatable or is it just this time it’s debatable?

was thalidomide debatable?

I refer you to the university of east Anglias hacked emails where they literally were caught fudging data. “Hide the decline” in temperature.

If you google that now you will see our tech overlords have ensured the first 10 pages on google are hit pieces telling us how “hide the decline” is just industry speak and actually means “we aren’t hiding the decline”

There are a number of possibilities as to what’s going on but I would suggest you’re a bit naieve to think governments and bodies don’t make stuff up. WMDs?

The media outlets, governments and bodies bringing you this are the same who have lied through their back teeth to you, over and over, from the day you were born.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK great, so it's now only the hottest in 110,000 years then. That really showed them!

They also showed an absolutely unprecedented increase in both Carbon Dioxide and Methane levels rapidly rising since the industrial revolution that have far far outpaced anything ever seen in the last 800,000 years. Not 110,000 years...800,000, over 7 times longer.

Guess what follows rapidly increasing CO2 and Methane levels?

Yup...you guessed it...rapidly rising temperatures...the rate of which increases in proportion to the increase in those gases.

See how easy common sense is...It's really not that hard is it?

Seems like something even you could get the hang of pretty quickly with enough urburying of your head out of the sand. Just pull it out and take a look around once in a while...

Like Ferris Bueller said 'Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.'

Just a thought...just a thought...maybe you could even do a Fandango...for Galileo? If Bizmillah will let you go that is...

View attachment 12676
How do you know this data is true?

I can find you charts to prove anything.

The wage gap has plenty of charts but is it factual?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
How do you know this data is true?

I can find you charts to prove anything.

The wage gap has plenty of charts but is it factual?
You are right...it's all lies. These scientists are part of a global conspiracy to get you to believe that it's waaaayyy hotter than it actually is...

This would be like asking how do you know anything is true? Temperatures have been recorded since at least the late 1800s and they have gone back and been able to use carbon rings and other scientific ways of measuring temperatures over the past times to know this data for time periods prior. Unlikely on a day to day basis or even a year to year basis for time farther back but over a generalized time period, they know what conditions were like.

I mean how hard is it to plot those on a graph and connect lines?

The ice core samples they took from Antartica glaciers and was referenced in the same study Bohemian Rhapsody referenced but conveniently left out that part which didn't fit his narrative he wants to try and create. Basically one that makes no sense unless you only look at a tiny sliver of the data and ignore the other 99.5% of it that doesn't fit.

So unless you are claiming their methods to not be valid or they are simply lying about the data they are getting, it's kind of like driving down the road and trying to spit out your window and asking how do you know you keep getting it back in your face because you are driving? Then it's like you would try and come up with every other possible reason why outside of you driving into it.

At what point is it just common sense? The arguments against it increasingly make no sense and are seemingly only being done to try and take a contrarian point of view just because with no basis in any reality.

Like, I am way too cool to believe in any of this and because everyone else is saying it and all the data points towards it, I'm just going to believe the opposite. For no real reason, just because I want to be different and believe what I want to believe.

I mean it happens. People die in hurricanes and tornadoes all the time even when they are warned about them because they don't believe it's going to happen and they have it sitting right in front of their faces on the radar screen and getting warnings constantly on every radio and TV station and blaring sirens and they still don't believe it. So it definitely doesn't surprise me that people want to pretend this away too when it's not quite so urgent or impending doomlike so to speak.

Most of the time they find out the hard way that it wasn't very pretend tho...or their next of kin do if they can even locate the body to bury it. Other than that they just don't know what happened cause they are never seen again. I mean maybe they magically teleported somewhere else and didn't tell anyone. Anything is possible right?

Sounds pretty absurd doesn't it? But that's what people are doing. At this point arguing against it, you might as well be saying you can travel across country faster on foot than by car and refuse to believe different no matter what evidence is put in front of you.

Last edited:

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
"You are right...it's all lies. These scientists are part of a global conspiracy to get you to believe that it's waaaayyy hotter than it actually is"....Well they certainly wont get another research grant from the CCP if they don't!

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You are right...it's all lies. These scientists are part of a global conspiracy to get you to believe that it's waaaayyy hotter than it actually is...

This would be like asking how do you know anything is true? Temperatures have been recorded since at least the late 1800s and they have gone back and been able to use carbon rings and other scientific ways of measuring temperatures over the past times to know this data for time periods prior. Unlikely on a day to day basis or even a year to year basis for time farther back but over a generalized time period, they know what conditions were like.

I mean how hard is it to plot those on a graph and connect lines?

The ice core samples they took from Antartica glaciers and was referenced in the same study Bohemian Rhapsody referenced but conveniently left out that part which didn't fit his narrative he wants to try and create.

So unless you are claiming their methods to not be valid or they are simply lying about the data they are getting, it's kind of like driving down the road and trying to spit out your window and asking how do you know you keep getting it back in your face because you are driving?

At what point is it just common sense?
Nobody would be sceptical if this was a benign scientific point.

The climate movements comes in a package with the restructuring of our social order. Stronger state control, travel restrictions, rationing etc.

It would be common sense not to question that.

The records we have stretch back an insurmountable small period in this planets history.

Have you considered the counter-arguments? Did you read the hack from the university of east anglia?

Here’s an example

“Arctic Summers Ice free by 2013” BBC arrival 2007. Picture of sad polar bear as usual.

To me, seeing the above, which was apparently based on sound scientific theory, noting it’s a crock of shyt it would be lacking in common sense to not assume all future studies might be a crock of shyt too!

genuinely, I don’t feel it’s any warmer now than my youth. What I have noted is now when it’s 28 degrees the BBC put it as dark red with an alarm logo next to it as opposed to darkish orange. I thought climate wasn’t weather? When it’s unseasonably cold, this is what they say. “Climate isn’t weather, dummy” but as soon as it’s hot out comes the global warming alarm.

There is scientific data and then there is human nature. Every commercial has “proven scientific results” on how this supplement will give you 200% mass gains and a six pack in 2 weeks.

It is also easily possible that it’s true.

There is usually more going on with these things than meets the eye.

The major governments of this world tested LSD, and radiation on its populations just 60-70 years ago. It does make me chuckle how we all know this, but everyone is convinced today if the TV, or an organisation with a big, impressive name and well designed logo says it then it must be true.

A healthy level of scepticism is required for any one or any thing demanding we give up our right to travel, to eat meat and have basic freedoms, and you will feel pretty stupid if you gave all that up on the basis of something you read which had the badge of authority pinned on it.

This is absolutely pivotal. If we accept the principles you fed ribe, our children are walking into a prison, an absolute shyt show and none of the freedoms we had. So we have to be absolutely sure when we are packing them off to climate prison that we as parents aren’t having the wool pulled over our eyes.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Back in the Game,
I like your Messianistic style,I too believe the world is doomed,we are heading into an Ice Age....In fact this morning I threw open my upstairs window and shouted out to the great unwashed,"Repent you rotten lot you're all doomed!"

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of my friends are very much in Agreement with the scientific consensus.

We got talking about this and I think it may stem from our career and life experiences.

Most of my friends came from pretty good homes where authority could be trusted. Sadly can’t say the same.

Secindly most work in academic or government jobs. I work in sales and work closely with the exec. I know how smoke and mirrors the world actually is.

This may cloud my judgement. I struggle to understand how others don’t automatically run a heavy filter on anything they’re told.

I may well be paranoid. I might be the one work the issue. On the other hand, through history often being paranoid is the right move.

We might be talking in 50 years about “the greatest scam of all time”. You never know.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most of my friends came from pretty good homes where authority could be trusted
Same here. I was born and bred in North Korea, where our delicate ears were assiduously protected, from any intel which might have shattered our illusions