Going to be another brutal summer for much of the US it appears...

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No it does not. Gravity is a fact. You accept what happens if someone jumps off a bridge. Are going to dispute that too?
If one day someone jumps off a bridge, then goes up or sideways, rather than straight down, gravity will prove to be either

-More complex than we previously believed

Or

-A myth

When we're not honest enough to admit that we really are offering an opinion, when we deem something a fact, we end up with dogma and intellectual stagnation

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
If one day someone jumps off a bridge, then goes up or sideways, rather than straight down, gravity will prove to be either

-More complex than we previously believed

Or

-A myth

When we're not honest enough to admit that we really are offering an opinion, when we deem something a fact, we end up with dogma and intellectual stagnation
Or you end up being a nonsensical idiot

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Somebody's triggered. Don't hesitate to report me to Google's Bias Response Strike Force, for daring to articulate thoughts which run contrary to your own beliefs in some way
Nah, it's just your schtick. Say the dumbest things you can think of here to try and rile people up. Nobody is falling for it and everyone sees thru it.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Climate Change not being The End Of The World is cause for rejoicing
It will never be the end of the world. Eventually likely will be the end of humankind if we last that long but we will likely destroy ourselves via nuclear war before that can happen.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It will never be the end of the world. Eventually likely will be the end of humankind if we last that long but we will likely destroy ourselves via nuclear war before that can happen.
Bro, wut?!

Mankind brah.

Humankind, climate change, Greta….whats happened to you man.

I thought this was a forum for unplugged men generally at odds with the establishment. It’s all going a bit Reddit and I don’t like it.

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The planet goes through naturally occurring warming and cooling cycles. This is a warming one. Human behavior has a limited effect on this. Additionally, while wimps in Western nations worry about burning fossil fuels, China continues to burn fossil fuels.
The cloudiest day I ever spent was a clear day in Beijing.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eventually likely will be the end of humankind if we last that long but we will likely destroy ourselves via nuclear war before that can happen.
Such fantasies are very 1950s-1980s. By time The 90s rolled around, even Roger Corman(Peace Be Upon Him)stopped cranking out tales radioactive Armageddon

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this was a forum for unplugged men generally at odds with the establishment. It’s all going a bit Reddit and I don’t like it.
The very notion of "being unplugged", when most of us are living firmly middle-upper middle class lives, and enjoying the benefits of Post-Industrial Society is really too risible to merit much discussion. This is the equivalent of hippies sneering at the evils of Capitalism, while sipping their gluten free lattes at Starbucks

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course, Global Warming is continuing on its journey, but there is a new aspect that is going to make this summer a real scorcher - the elimination of sulfur from diesel fuel. This sulfur, which contributes to acid rain, had been attenuating the heat, but it's no longer around, so we will get to experience Global Warming in the raw. :eek:

It's OVER for UnAirConditionedCels.

EyeOnThePrize

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Carbon capture technology takes releasing of CO2 to build, it's a bad solution imo. Same with solar panels and turbines, they all take polluting refinement just to put in place and can take a decade or more until they're neutral, as which point they're approaching EOL. We're better off genetically modifying a species of tree to capture and sequester at a freak rates.

It's the same with EVs. If you want to offset all of the carbon released in the manufacturing process of the EV, you have to drive it for some 600k+ miles just to break even.

I don't like the alarmist rhetoric because it's used politically to apply sanctions and restrict freedoms under the guise of safety. Unfortunately no developing country is going to play along since the cost of doing so is missing out on life changing advancements for their people. The topic is heavily politicized and there are unfortunately some buried stories that are contrary to the narrative...

Humans start to show cognitive decline when the CO2 ppm starts to approach 1000, and it's currently at 427 with a 2-3 ppm increase per year. I believe the goal is to get it back down under 350ppm.

We know a sudden increase in temperature is disruptive, but like others have mentioned, it would unlock arable land in otherwise inhospitable places. Melting of the ice caps would also make new oil fields available. The planet overall has gotten greener from our emissions, and we have no idea how the planet will respond outside of a few years forecast. There are an insane amount of variables to consider. For instance, not all weather events have become more extreme, some less so, but the narrative has buried any sources that say this despite the research being correct.

Imo we'll neuter ourselves with micro plastics before we have to worry about lethal ambient temps worldwide. Blood clots are on the rise and fertility is on a rapid decline. If artificial insemination becomes the only way to have children, population decline is inevitable.

As a species, we're making a large bet that we'll find climate solutions using resources provided by the short sighted pollution before it's too late. We could simply not make that bet or fold our hand, but that would reduce food production dramatically, among other things.

The alarmist tone is incredibly suspicious to me. I have yet to hear that military powers should be shrunk as an effort to help. It's likely going to be used to bolster claims that x or y need to be made unavailable to the public. It's an attempt to bailout private pollution losses via the taxpayer, something that cronies have been getting away with for monetary losses for decades.

There are simple solutions, but complicated ones are proposed because a slow down in the economy isn't worth it to the cronies. They would much rather do whatever and trick congress into subsidizing them at your expense.

The population will have to come down or we'll have to learn to live very meager lives. This is of course assuming that we don't innovate our way out of this with tech. What a time to be alive!

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NWS has just released their hurricane forecast and it's has the highest forecast for "named" storms since they have been doing it with 39 forecast...

A named storm is any tropical storm or higher with sustained winds 39 mph or stronger.
2005 was a rough season. The eye of an early weak hurricane passed right over my house, but the western eyewall of a much stronger one passed about a mile to the East. :eek::eek:

Millard Fillmore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro, wut?!

Mankind brah.

Humankind, climate change, Greta….whats happened to you man.

It's a forum, not an echo chamber. People come here to share different ideas and should be able to cope with them.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The very notion of "being unplugged", when most of us are living firmly middle-upper middle class lives, and enjoying the benefits of Post-Industrial Society is really too risible to merit much discussion. This is the equivalent of hippies sneering at the evils of Capitalism, while sipping their gluten free lattes at Starbucks
Wrong interpretation.

Unplugged from the general narrative from the television. Which included things like climate change, and whichever “current thing” is doing the rounds (Covid, Ukraine etc)

I firmly support the current economic model broadly, take part in society, I am restricting this almost entirely to the witterings of journalists, academics and the intellectual class.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a forum, not an echo chamber. People come here to share different ideas and should be able to cope with them.
It’s supposed to be a joke, please don’t tell me o have to insert smileys.

With respect, this happens on the regular whenever I’m posting with Americans.

It’s how Anglospheric men build rapport.

BaronOfHair

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unplugged from the general narrative from the television. Which included things like climate change, and whichever “current thing” is doing the rounds (Covid, Ukraine etc)
We all miss the days when The Red Pill was simply short hand for "Don't be the sort of moron who just blindly buys into everything you see, hear, and read. Dig into that s-it for yourself"

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Yeah when did red pill become anti-science, anti-law and order, Alex Jones subscribed mental incompetence riddled blokes?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
We all miss the days when The Red Pill was simply short hand for "Don't be the sort of moron who just blindly buys into everything you see, hear, and read. Dig into that s-it for yourself"
Nobody misses the conspiracy theory nonsense most people want to subscribe to.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Carbon capture technology takes releasing of CO2 to build, it's a bad solution imo. Same with solar panels and turbines, they all take polluting refinement just to put in place and can take a decade or more until they're neutral, as which point they're approaching EOL. We're better off genetically modifying a species of tree to capture and sequester at a freak rates.

It's the same with EVs. If you want to offset all of the carbon released in the manufacturing process of the EV, you have to drive it for some 600k+ miles just to break even.

I don't like the alarmist rhetoric because it's used politically to apply sanctions and restrict freedoms under the guise of safety. Unfortunately no developing country is going to play along since the cost of doing so is missing out on life changing advancements for their people. The topic is heavily politicized and there are unfortunately some buried stories that are contrary to the narrative...

Humans start to show cognitive decline when the CO2 ppm starts to approach 1000, and it's currently at 427 with a 2-3 ppm increase per year. I believe the goal is to get it back down under 350ppm.

We know a sudden increase in temperature is disruptive, but like others have mentioned, it would unlock arable land in otherwise inhospitable places. Melting of the ice caps would also make new oil fields available. The planet overall has gotten greener from our emissions, and we have no idea how the planet will respond outside of a few years forecast. There are an insane amount of variables to consider. For instance, not all weather events have become more extreme, some less so, but the narrative has buried any sources that say this despite the research being correct.

Imo we'll neuter ourselves with micro plastics before we have to worry about lethal ambient temps worldwide. Blood clots are on the rise and fertility is on a rapid decline. If artificial insemination becomes the only way to have children, population decline is inevitable.

As a species, we're making a large bet that we'll find climate solutions using resources provided by the short sighted pollution before it's too late. We could simply not make that bet or fold our hand, but that would reduce food production dramatically, among other things.

The alarmist tone is incredibly suspicious to me. I have yet to hear that military powers should be shrunk as an effort to help. It's likely going to be used to bolster claims that x or y need to be made unavailable to the public. It's an attempt to bailout private pollution losses via the taxpayer, something that cronies have been getting away with for monetary losses for decades.

There are simple solutions, but complicated ones are proposed because a slow down in the economy isn't worth it to the cronies. They would much rather do whatever and trick congress into subsidizing them at your expense.

The population will have to come down or we'll have to learn to live very meager lives. This is of course assuming that we don't innovate our way out of this with tech. What a time to be alive!
Exactly what things are becoming less extreme?

Droughts, wildfires, flooding, heat waves, intense thunderstorms/straight line winds, hurricanes, tornadoes, blizzards/lake effect snow intensity, etc etc etc are all demonstrably worse and most far worse now.

"Unlocking arable land"? Don't you know all the buildings in those areas are built on permafrost and take that into account in how they are built? As the permafrost goes away they are left with buildings that all crumble and are left in disrepair...it's a severe problem in places like Alaska as are the rivers not freezing completely or freezing and unthawing abnormally which are used as roads in the winter time to travel over with trucks and dog sleds to transport goods as the roads are not great in their areas. Also causing issues with wildlife as polar bears require it to hunt properly and many of them are starving because they can't get enough food.