You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.
And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.
Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.
The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.
When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.
Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.
Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.
The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.
You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.
Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.
Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.
Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.
That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?
She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."
She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.
I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.
Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.
Yes I have done it a lot on OLD and it works well...sometimes they will reply with theirs and other times they will just text you directly.Testing this out on a few chicks I've met. Giving her my number instead of asking for hers. Curious if anyone has had any success with this over getting her number?
I'd normally agree with this in theory.Bad move. Sends the message you don't have the balls to ask for her number or call her first = NO CONFIDENCE.
If we asked 1000 women the number one trait they look for in men, I would bet a large sum of money it's confidence.
Always ask for the girl's number. You are the man, so pursue and take what you want. Don't wait around for someone to pursue you.
Good luck.
I don't either. I believe in pursuing and having the ability to lead the interaction.I dont think it's a great move.
The hitting on women who work jobs facing the general public probably deserves its own thread.I do that if it is a ‘work’ situation. That is, say she’s a barista at work. I’d give her my card.
Some people think that a man shouldn't be approaching a group of larger than 3. Most men going out at best work in packs of 2-3.Or in a group scenario that you met hee and hung out and developed a bit of rapport. It can work
Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."
You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.
She's been waiting forty minutes.
Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.