Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Giving out your number instead of getting hers

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Testing this out on a few chicks I've met. Giving her my number instead of asking for hers. Curious if anyone has had any success with this over getting her number?

HyenaPrince

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, once. For context: I was eating at a fast food place with the clique after a festival. I saw her waiting in line and approached her. Because my phone was dead I gave her my number. She texted me in less than an hour.

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad move. Sends the message you don't have the balls to ask for her number or call her first = NO CONFIDENCE.

If we asked 1000 women the number one trait they look for in men, I would bet a large sum of money it's confidence.

Always ask for the girl's number. You are the man, so pursue and take what you want. Don't wait around for someone to pursue you.

Good luck.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Giving your phone number is the equivalent of throwing a hail mary IMO. You just hope she calls, which like Dash mentioned comes off as lacking confidence. However some guys can get away with it.

Caelum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always give out my number,but I make sure Ifollow it with "text me up and I might respond" (something in those lines, sorry english is not my native tongue).

Just to not seem too eager.

SpartanWarrior77

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would experiment with this approach. Sometimes it can convey confidence. If you had a really good interaction with her, try giving her the number first. If u do this, it can be a good filter to see if she really likes u or if she was just enjoying the interaction with no desire for you in the background.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I do that if it is a ‘work’ situation. That is, say she’s a barista at work. I’d give her my card.

gravityeyelids

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think it's a great move. I mean it CAN work and it definitely has, but why? Cold approach numbers are flakey as it is, especially if you don't have an hour or two to really get her invested. Why would you reduce your chances even further for each number by giving yourself no way to contact her and reach out. You should NEVER rely on the woman to make a move and initiate contact.

Bottom line here though - IT DOESN'T MATTER. Basically all that matters is what happened during the cold approach. If you are on point, pressing the right buttons, and getting her invested and attracted when you meet, she WILL text you first if she got your number and she WILL also respond if you were the one that got her number. Either one will work just fine if her interest is high enough, but if you're giving out your number, you're putting the ball in her court, which i don't like. She might still text but what if it's like 3 days later and she's cooled off? You have her number, you can get some banter going quickly, while things are hot, and quickly set up a day 2.

This is just one of those things that is hardly worth wasting your time on. It pales in comparison to how important your cold approach and attraction building skills are (and even your text game). Ideally you should be cementing that number with a text or two back and forth while she is standing in front of you (so you both have each other's name and number IMMEDIATELY), and you should be seeding a day 2 plan for coffee or drinks or whatever before you walk away from her.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I did it when I was using OLD constantly. With success. The one asking for a date or calling after some messages was always me. I thought it‘s a good idea to test the womens interest level, never thought about it in context to confidence or dominance.
I gave both girls I‘m seeing right now my number first. One of them gave me an indirect hint that she wants my number. Can‘t see anything wrong here, worked well

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Testing this out on a few chicks I've met. Giving her my number instead of asking for hers. Curious if anyone has had any success with this over getting her number?
Yes I have done it a lot on OLD and it works well...sometimes they will reply with theirs and other times they will just text you directly.

I typically will say something like "I honestly don't get on here that much, did you want to exchange numbers? Mine is xxx-xxx-xxxx"

Almost never fails they will either give you theirs or will text you. This is after exchanging some messages back and forth tho.

cola

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s big d*ck energy for sure. It’s the epitome of outcome independence.. However be warned:

She’s probably not going to call unless you’re extremely good looking. I’m talking model good looks.

andreihaha

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bad move. Sends the message you don't have the balls to ask for her number or call her first = NO CONFIDENCE.

If we asked 1000 women the number one trait they look for in men, I would bet a large sum of money it's confidence.

Always ask for the girl's number. You are the man, so pursue and take what you want. Don't wait around for someone to pursue you.

Good luck.
I'd normally agree with this in theory.

BUT...I had a lot of succes by handing out my number in recent interactions with a pretty ballsy move.

Here's how I do it: I kiss the girl before. As simple as that. If you're both attracted to eachother, she will make it easy for you, even after a (really) short interaction. If I don't make out with her, I'm not wasting my time seeing her again. So if the conversation is getting boring or I don't see her getting physical, I excuse myself and do something better with my time.
After the kiss, if we don't end up doing more that, I say something like "Here's my number" if she hasn't asked for it yet.

I was at a house party the last time I did this, girl was giving me signals, touching my hand and stuff. So I took her by the hand near a window behind the drapes to make her more comfortable(since both our groups of friends were at the party) and we made out real good.
Went to get another drink and after some time she comes and playfully asks for my number. The moment she leaves the party to get an Uber, she texted me her adress. I spent the next 2 weeks in her bedroom, having sex, drinking and watching movies. I got ripped from how much sex I was having, despite spending most time in bed eating pizza and drinking a lot.

Method pro's:
1. You show her you have balls.
2. You get to test the goods before asking her out.
3. It's not fkin online dating.

Method con's:
1. You need balls (that you should have, right?)

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I dont think it's a great move.
I don't either. I believe in pursuing and having the ability to lead the interaction.

I do that if it is a ‘work’ situation. That is, say she’s a barista at work. I’d give her my card.
The hitting on women who work jobs facing the general public probably deserves its own thread.

Or in a group scenario that you met hee and hung out and developed a bit of rapport. It can work
Some people think that a man shouldn't be approaching a group of larger than 3. Most men going out at best work in packs of 2-3.

Zontyy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've only had this work once but a bit different scenario. I asked for her number and she replied "I don't give out my number to guys I just met how about you give me yours." I wrote it down and went on my way, she ended up calling me the next night and things went well. It was more of a fire and forget thing.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't ever invest in women initially so whoever gives numbers is irrelevant for the most part. Numbers is numbers but I will say one should get their numbers in IRL approaches to gauge her interest and comfort level. For OLD, I just freely hand out my google voice number to see how interested and serious she is based on how fast she texts. I also noticed numbers is different for the younger generation. It's not really that important as they are fine communicating through other means.