Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend cut her hair too short, how do I tell her?

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Answers said:
Thats true! When they know they'll be treated well as long as they don't break any of the rules set out early in a relationship they'll respect the man more for being strong and being willing to walk away!
Now here's a guy who gets it!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sun Tzu said:
It was important enough for the OP to be concerned about, and for many guys to weigh in on.
Yeah, everyone who said he should dump her over a haircut that she told him about before she went through with it. Think about it, all of this over a haircut. Makes me wonder what you guys would post if you grow or shave off a moustache or beard and your GF said that she would dump you if you did. It's amazing that hair could cause a power struggle in a relationship.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SunnyD said:
It is a tough one, but quite honestly...I really appreciated an ex bf's honest opinions on things like that.

I wouldn't flat-out say "no, I don't like it" obviously. You don't even have to say you like it better long. When she asks you if you like it say very casually "you pull it off both ways. Short looks cute, long was sexy." Complimenting either way, but speaking personally..most women prefer to be "sexy", yet you're still letting her know she looks "cute." Cute is sort of an insult to a woman without being an insult, know what I mean?? Haha. She'll then decide to grow it out so she can be SEXY for you.

Just my opinion.
I like this answer. It's basically telling her that the way it is now is ok but it's great when her hair is long.

Very smooth SunnyD.

dietzcoi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if you believe the evolutionary psychiatrists, long hair indicates a woman's fertility and sexuality, and short hair indicates a woman has "given up" trying to be attractive to men.

Proof of this??? Look at how many young women have long hair, and how many older women have short hair.

Most women cut thier hair short when they get older and have given up trying to be attractive to men.

Sorry for those of you who don't like this, but if you look around you will see it is true

What does this mean for the OP? I am not a psychologist, but I don't think a woman cutting her hair short is a good sign for a relationship. I just don't see it as a positive thing.

I would not view it as a good sign for a continued relationship.

OK, apologists, flame away!

Dietzcoi

DonGorgon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Studying the fact that all lies contain fragments
A women cutting all her hear is an emotional cry for help and or an indication that she is about to enter a new phase of her life. (or a sign of lesbianism).

You need to talk to her and listen carefully to see where she is going next and see if you are still in her plan...

Augie

Don Juan
Reaction score
dietzcoi said:
Well, if you believe the evolutionary psychiatrists, long hair indicates a woman's fertility and sexuality, and short hair indicates a woman has "given up" trying to be attractive to men.

Proof of this??? Look at how many young women have long hair, and how many older women have short hair.

Most women cut thier hair short when they get older and have given up trying to be attractive to men.

Sorry for those of you who don't like this, but if you look around you will see it is true

What does this mean for the OP? I am not a psychologist, but I don't think a woman cutting her hair short is a good sign for a relationship. I just don't see it as a positive thing.

I would not view it as a good sign for a continued relationship.

OK, apologists, flame away!

Dietzcoi
I agree with most of your post, the only women I know under 40 have short hair is marriaged or is Gay, my post about the neck being exposed was meant to be looking for a positive

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, were taking this a little far here.

A) She's not suddenly about to go lesbo on me. She's 100% straight.

B) She's not giving up on her looks. She cares very much how guys think she looks.

She thought she looked nice, she wanted to show me haircut, I didn't like it and didn't know how to break it to her given her excitement. I justed wanted some suggestions as to how to make my displeasure clear without upsetting her for something as trivial as a bad haircut after she thought she looked sexy. C'mon now.

She usually wears her hair pretty short, and it looks very good. I think it looks better than when she has long hair. It's just this time, it's a little too short.

For those interested, the joke I made to her was for the most part ignored and it hasn't come up again... but I would venture to say she very well remembers and mission successful.

That said, I appreciate the time everyone took to respond to this thread.