Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Girlfriend cut her hair too short, how do I tell her?

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously guys, I'm at a loss for words! I'm definitely might be treading thin ice here. I'm trying to think of some subtle joke but everything I come up with is just too harsh.

:crackup:

Note: This is a serious question, I would like a serious answer.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
why bother? its just hair and will grow back.
if you make a insulting remark, she will never let you forget it.
she probably resents that she cut it already on her own.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Catholic school boy short. I'm dying to make a joke about that, but so far I've resisted and kept my mouth shut.

Ok so maybe it's not THAT short. She still looks feminine. But the line is blurred, that is for certain.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
why bother? its just hair and will grow back.
if you make a insulting remark, she will never let you forget it.
she probably resents that she cut it already on her own.
No I think she likes it. I am terrified she will want to keep it like that for awhile. I feel like I must say something. I just need a delicate way of doing this, because I know she is going to get pissy.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just tell her the truth... that you'd prefer it longer and you don't find it attractive.

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
Answers said:
Just tell her the truth... that you'd prefer it longer and you don't find it attractive.
Then kiss her goodbye. Honestly DON'T ever say a word, but if she asks if you like it, say yes, if she persists say you like it but you liked it better long.

Answers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
Then kiss her goodbye. Honestly DON'T ever say a word, but if she asks if you like it, say yes, if she persists say you like it but you liked it better long.
Why worry about losing her? If hes not happy and not attracted to her the relationship won't last anyway. If shes his girlfriend then she'll make an effort to please him. It all depends how much the OP is bothered by it..

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MacAvoy said:
I completley disagree. Why should a man lie when he doesn't like something?!

A woman cutting her hair off and thus being less desireable is the same equivelent of a guy becoming more AFC and thus becoming less desireable to the woman.

What I would do is not being direct about it but do mention from time to time how you like this actress for having such a long sexy hair. Even be withdrawn a bit from her because she cut her hair and it may sink in for her. After all when she cut off her hair she wasn't thinking if you would like it but she was thinking about herself. Do you think she would be forgiven as well if you had a Mr.T haircut?!! I didn't think so.

If you completly don't like it and she isn't growing it back and you find yourself less attracted to her and more attracted to other women, then dump her.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DoctorLW said:
Catholic school boy short. I'm dying to make a joke about that, but so far I've resisted and kept my mouth shut....
Hmmm let's see, keep your mouth shut and not joke about it and everything stays status quo or open your mouth and risk her keeping her legs shut. Life's choices are a b1tch...

Augie

Don Juan
Reaction score
My advice, if she has a nice neck, enjoy and she will be waiting for a comment so make a comment about how nice her neck looks and start touching.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
DoctorLW said:
Seriously guys, I'm at a loss for words! I'm definitely might be treading thin ice here. I'm trying to think of some subtle joke but everything I come up with is just too harsh.

:crackup:

Note: This is a serious question, I would like a serious answer.
There should have been an understanding between you two from the beginning that any major change in personal appearance will necessarily affect the other person, therefore it should be discussed beforehand. The fact that she went ahead and cut it without discussing it with you speaks volumes.

So does the fact that you are afraid of her. A relationship should never be based upon the fear of expressing your honest opinion about something like this.

Did you notice the response a few posts up from one of the women on this forum? She starts with "Why bother?" Because it's important to you...That's why!

Then she indicates that she perceives expressing your dislike for the new haircut as "insulting her" (and, it will damage her psyche so severely that she will never forgive you).

Give me a break! What kind of world do we live in where a man has to be afraid to express his preference for his woman's appearance?

Be honest. Tell her how you truly feel. You can then lay down the law that drastic changes in appearance should be discussed as a matter of respect for each other.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sun Tzu said:
...Give me a break! What kind of world do we live in where a man has to be afraid to express his preference for his woman's appearance?...
I don't know man. Wanting to crack a joke about it instead of just saying that he doesn't like it may be a cowards way of bringing up a serious topic. I'd be concerned too if I didn't feel comfortable just saying "I liked your hair better long." Like Pen said, it'll grow back.

I think "Laying down the law" is a bit extreme. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if she got pregnant and they had different opinions about how to handle the situation. Besides, don't women who actually care about how their boyfriend feels about their appearance brings up things like this before they go through with it? Hell, maybe she could care less about what he thinks.

Sun Tzu

Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
I think "Laying down the law" is a bit extreme. I'd hate to imagine what would happen if she got pregnant and they had different opinions about how to handle the situation.
Just to be clear, the "law" I'm talking about is that we respect each other enough to discuss personal changes that will have an effect on the other person in the relationship. In my opinion, it is unfair and disrespectful to surprise your partner with a drastic change in appearance.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sun Tzu said:
Just to be clear, the "law" I'm talking about is that we respect each other enough to discuss personal changes that will have an effect on the other person in the relationship. In my opinion, it is unfair and disrespectful to surprise your partner with a drastic change in appearance.
In all fairness she told me she wanted to get a haircut and she was excited to show it to me. I should have expected as much, it's just in her personality to do something wild like this.

And to everyone who said dump her, I can't honestly imagine dumping a girl for cutting her hair. Well, unless it was really THAT hideous. I just wanted to make sure she doesn't cut it that short AGAIN. I just wanted suggestions as to how to do it tactfully. I can deal with it short term, it isn't that bad.

Anyway, it's all said and done now. Shortly after I posted this I couldn't help but crack a joke. How badly I will pay for it remains to be seen. Wish me luck fellas.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sun Tzu said:
So just to be clear, you typically "lay down the law" with someone you respect. And you feel a haircut is a drastic change with merits this "law."

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just stroke her hair, and say I kind of liked it when it was longer. Or you could try negging her.

DoctorLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and thanks to everyone who replied to my thread.