Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Getting her friend to vouch for you

fakefonzie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has approached a girl with the intent as using her as a wingwoman for her friend, I’m assuming that one would probably have to go a lot more in the “resume/comfort building” approach with no real game intent until we approach her friend. I know girls love to play matchmaker and if I win her friend over and get her to introduce us it would be easy social proof. Obviously gonna field test it but want to know if anyone else has experience with it yet

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Often better to just approach the group of two and watch the body language and note the verbal responses of both. If one is interested in you, you will know.

I don’t think most women today are into matchmaking that much anymore. Most only care about their own relationship status and aren’t inclined to directly help others out. Typically, the most you can hope for is she will be quiet or at least polite to you if she senses that her friend likes you.

Last edited:

2Rocky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The only time it's worked for me is when a woman approaches me to introduce her friend to me. It has to be her idea.

That said creating a friendly rapport with the friend group so they don't **** block is necessary. I'd recommend having a wingman to engage the friend as a more effective strategy than have her be your wingwoman.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has approached a girl with the intent as using her as a wingwoman for her friend, I’m assuming that one would probably have to go a lot more in the “resume/comfort building” approach with no real game intent until we approach her friend.
This seems like a giant waste of time. See more in further comments.

better to just approach the group of two and watch the body language and note the verbal responses of both. If one is interested in you, you will know.
When you wrote this, were you thinking about bar or non-bar approaching? I think it could be applicable in either. I've been a solely non-bar guy for a while. In non-bar venue approaching, often times you can get a woman isolated, which NEVER happens in a bar. Women always go to bars with friends.

There is no social circle play with strangers.

I don’t think most women today are into matchmaking that much anymore. Most only care about their own relationship status and aren’t inclined to directly help others out. Typically, the most you can hope for is she will be quiet or at least polite to you if she senses that her friend likes you.
I agree that most women won't do matchmaking. This seems like a thing from 20-30 years ago. The broader statistics bear this out as fewer people are meeting through friends/acquaintances (see chart below). Social circle started declining around 1990 but has really taken a nosedive since 2000.

The only females in a man's life that MIGHT have interest in matchmaking for him are sisters and cousins. Younger sisters are far more valuable for this than older sisters. For both sisters and cousins, they must live in the same geographic area as you. That's getting less common among adults in their 20s-40s.

How Heterosexual Couples Meet.jpg

How Heterosexual Couples Meet.jpg

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It only works if the friend doesn't find you attractive but she appreciates that you're a standup guy. I don't think it would work very well if you're approaching random groups of multiple women. At best it's an approach to use with women who shoot you down.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
When you wrote this, were you thinking about bar or non-bar approaching? I think it could be applicable in either. I've been a solely non-bar guy for a while. In non-bar venue approaching, often times you can get a woman isolated, which NEVER happens in a bar. Women always go to bars with friends.
Bars. My past experiences were all nightlife-related.

I don’t know anything about day game. I think it sounds great, but haven’t tried it.

Scars

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds like some HS bullsh!t to me. Women can't control their attraction. They can literally have 20 of their friends telling them to leave a "toxic guy" and she'll still run back to him. I don't think the approval of her friends/family weighs as much as it used to. At the end of the day, she's gonna choose who she wants.