Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Gen Z and Sarcasm

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Crime is more related to poor economic prospects, people with nothing to lose often resort to a life of crime. If you ban guns it would just lead to knife and truck attacks like in Europe.

Politicians and the media couldn't care less about addressing the root cause of the crimes and instead use guns as a very convenient scapegoat for positive PR.

Switzerland has a very high gun ownership, but when have they ever had a school shooting?
I would agree to the point that people do indeed use knives instead of guns.

The difference is that guns are much more effective. Hence the US homicide rate is 6X U.K.

So it isn’t the case that every murder is just knife related instead of gun related. The U.K. “knife crime epidemic” is very much amplified by US hun advocates who very much gloss over the fact the US has the highest homicide and violent crime rate in the developed world by an astonishing margin.

As for the truck attack, this is ISIS. They used 2 aircraft in NYC (same ideology) so it’s not really a valid comparison.

now, I don’t buy that the states should give up their guns - that would be an incredibly dumb thing to do because your criminals are all armed and you have probably billions of firearms.

I just take issue with the idea that “its the person and guns are just a tool”. It isn’t. The us murder rate is high for a reason. Switzerland isn’t a valid comparison. It’s a tiny wealthy country v a continent. Compare to the whole of Europe

Zimbabwe

Banned
Reaction score
I would agree to the point that people do indeed use knives instead of guns.

The difference is that guns are much more effective. Hence the US homicide rate is 6X U.K.

So it isn’t the case that every murder is just knife related instead of gun related. The U.K. “knife crime epidemic” is very much amplified by US hun advocates who very much gloss over the fact the US has the highest homicide and violent crime rate in the developed world by an astonishing margin.

As for the truck attack, this is ISIS. They used 2 aircraft in NYC (same ideology) so it’s not really a valid comparison.

now, I don’t buy that the states should give up their guns - that would be an incredibly dumb thing to do because your criminals are all armed and you have probably billions of firearms.

I just take issue with the idea that “its the person and guns are just a tool”. It isn’t. The us murder rate is high for a reason. Switzerland isn’t a valid comparison. It’s a tiny wealthy country v a continent. Compare to the whole of Europe
There's more than one factor, let's have a look at where these crimes are happening.

It's predominantly in places with poor economic prospects like detroit. That isn't a coincidence, the UK doesn't have as many "ghettos".

Criminals will still find guns, they still do here in Australia where they have been banned for decades now with one of the strictest gun laws in the world. (Even airsoft guns are illegal here)

Guns are simply a convenient scapegoat, our society has serious issues with mental illness and uemployment prospects for a lot of our youth. Instead of adressing the root cause of the issue they harp on about guns.

If we look at Europe as a whole, yes crime is way lower unless you live in a migrant ghetto but that's a whole different can of worms.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's more than one factor, let's have a look at where these crimes are happening.

It's predominantly in places with poor economic prospects like detroit. That isn't a coincidence, the UK doesn't have as many "ghettos".

Criminals will still find guns, they still do here in Australia where they have been banned for decades now with one of the strictest gun laws in the world. (Even airsoft guns are illegal here)

Guns are simply a convenient scapegoat, our society has serious issues with mental illness and uemployment prospects for a lot of our youth. Instead of adressing the root cause of the issue they harp on about guns.

If we look at Europe as a whole, yes crime is way lower unless you live in a migrant ghetto but that's a whole different can of worms.
agree with all of that and I would like to add the prohibition of drugs. Wiseguys can’t go to the cops so need to make further and further out violent acts to dissuade being challenged.

tough thing about the drug thing is if it was legalised, then what next? The prohibition of, say, sex trafficking? Childtrafficking?
I suppose what I’m saying is that you can make the prohibition argument about anything and you end up in a place where some pretty bad things are legal.

I watched some of the Mexican cartel video stuff recently and I really regretted it. The enormous world cocaine business has so much profit, only the coldest psychopaths are getting in control. If only that could be legalised.

I actually think if cocaine were legal it’s demand would go down. Part of the allure is that it’s a forbidden, expensive and alluring pleasure. I took tons of it for years and once the “I’m a film star/gangster” vibe wears off, and you realise it just means another whole weekend with no sleep and a week of feeling like **** hundreds of pounds down, you don’t want it so much.

anyway, I’ve totally taken this thread off topic and should probably leave it there.

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
agree with all of that and I would like to add the prohibition of drugs. Wiseguys can’t go to the cops so need to make further and further out violent acts to dissuade being challenged.

tough thing about the drug thing is if it was legalised, then what next? The prohibition of, say, sex trafficking? Childtrafficking?
I suppose what I’m saying is that you can make the prohibition argument about anything and you end up in a place where some pretty bad things are legal.

I watched some of the Mexican cartel video stuff recently and I really regretted it. The enormous world cocaine business has so much profit, only the coldest psychopaths are getting in control. If only that could be legalised.

I actually think if cocaine were legal it’s demand would go down. Part of the allure is that it’s a forbidden, expensive and alluring pleasure. I took tons of it for years and once the “I’m a film star/gangster” vibe wears off, and you realise it just means another whole weekend with no sleep and a week of feeling like **** hundreds of pounds down, you don’t want it so much.

anyway, I’ve totally taken this thread off topic and should probably leave it there.
Sound similar lifestyle to my 20's!

A good book on the subject is called 'Chasing the Scream', goes into how the war on drugs started and why legalizing/decriminalizing is a better option now.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sound similar lifestyle to my 20's!

A good book on the subject is called 'Chasing the Scream', goes into how the war on drugs started and why legalizing/decriminalizing is a better option now.
If only I got the chance to read books what with all the work/exams/projects/renovations/fatherhood.

Saying that I get the time to post my nonsense on here. :)

Reactions: B80

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If only I got the chance to read books what with all the work/exams/projects/renovations/fatherhood.

Saying that I get the time to post my nonsense on here. :)
Indeed mate, thats why I use audiobooks all the time now.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not saying that bud.

what I meant was first world democracies as they are equivalent to the United States.
a lot of folks own guns in the Middle East and South America but they aren’t meaningful comparisons.

the point I was addressing was “who is weird?” :)

The point was made was that Europe banned guns and this means we are the ones being weird. Whereas the point I was making is the US is the outlier here. The US is kind of the experiment, the rest of the world prohibited guns, rightly or wrongly
An experiment is something new, something that hasn't be done before. In that sense, the U.S. is not an experiment but rather a remnant of how things used to be everywhere in the West. Gun ownership is associated with the traditional masculine culture and the spirit of self-sufficiency. Gun bans are a product of left-wing ideology and the nanny state. Just because the weirdos outnumber traditional men these days doesn't change the the fact that they are weirdos :D

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
from my observation, sarcasm in women is an ongoing sh1t/fitness test. They use it as rapid defense, it’s pretty easy to break through if your quick/witty back or used amused mastery. It’s very exhausting after a while though and it’s downright annoying with less attractive girls.

The problem with today’s world is sarcasm is almost impossible to read through electronic format, so when meeting women in person it’s fine, but it makes for terrible text game.
To be clear, I'm talking about men too