Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Game of Thrones Season 7 (Are you Watching?)

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you guys think so far of the new season?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, they are friggin killing it this season. Unfortunately, there are only three episodes left this year because there are only seven episodes to this season. But it almost makes it better because they are packing so much stuff into each one, and things are rapidly moving toward the end. I think I heard that next season (the last season) is only six episodes. I don't think I ever realized television could be this good before Game of Thrones.

resilient

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Solid season for sure. Without to many spoilers... it's cool seeing some reunions between characters that haven't seen each other in a few seasons.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah zekko, I keep hearing after the last season, they are going to have individual break off shows, like a jon snow solo show, a daenarys solo show, etc.

I agree resilient, this season have shown people who haven't seen each other since the first season

and some who have never met each other, which is crazy

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah zekko, I keep hearing after the last season, they are going to have individual break off shows, like a jon snow solo show, a daenarys solo show, etc.
That's the first time I've heard this. I wonder if this affects who lives and who dies?
Not sure I like the idea, to be honest, it kind of breaks the purity a bit. I'm sure I would watch though.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the first time I've heard this. I wonder if this affects who lives and who dies?
Not sure I like the idea, to be honest, it kind of breaks the purity a bit. I'm sure I would watch though.
They will make a Robert Baratheon show

Like showing the revolt

Personnally S7 of Games of Thrones is the season I always wanted in Games of Thrones..

Finally, the show is starting to be interesting story wise and action wise.

Personnally, I thought Games of Thrones to be boring except Season 1 and 2 .... major part of 4 and Season 6

Because all the episodes were character development with a twist

Now:

Instead of 1-2 episodes of action with 8 of character development... now we have 7 of action with great story telling

Games of Thrones should have always been like that... actually hopefully they won't rush it and have the typical american good vs bad... good guys win

If you compare the show to the book... you'll have 2 different stories officially.... like they do in Japanese Animation/book culture

In the show: Some major characters still alive in the book are dead... in Season 7, they mention the Golden Company... but the Golden Company has Tyreon in it, it also has the old man who was advising Daenarys... and its actually leader by an enemy of both Cersei and Daenarys (another targaryan claiming the throne) ... etc... The show is heading one way

The book might tell a more sad story

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They will make a Robert Baratheon show

Like showing the revolt
That just sounds anticlimactic to me. We ready know what happened.

Reminds me a little of Watchmen, which came to its own conclusion. Then they decided to try to get more out of it by writing some prequel comic books, but I never found the interest to read any of those.

Speaking of which, I've heard they were talking about making Watchmen an H.B.O. series.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That just sounds anticlimactic to me. We ready know what happened.

Reminds me a little of Watchmen, which came to its own conclusion. Then they decided to try to get more out of it by writing some prequel comic books, but I never found the interest to read any of those.

Speaking of which, I've heard they were talking about making Watchmen an H.B.O. series.
Season 7 plot was leaked in 2016... there is a video from October 2016 that explains the entire season.... so far its 100% acurate.... man I am going to cry

About the spin-off... I am sure there will be interesting stuff and alot of action

After all ... The Song of Fire and Ice (aka Games of Thrones) has a huge universe... The NightKing and Westeros are just 1 continent... you have Valery, Bravoos, the place where Dany was raised... they all have their own magic and kings

It actually reminded me how the Night King is so little actually... since he's just on 1 island/continent

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Zekko, watchmen x hbo sounds epic. HBO don't allow BS on its station

If the spin off keeps the same writers, I'm sure it will continue to satisfy fans...........to be honest Games of Thrones have turned into an epic saga like the lord of the rings trilogy, I wouldn't be shocked if they produced a big Hollywood film in the future.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If the spin off keeps the same writers, I'm sure it will continue to satisfy fans...........to be honest Games of Thrones have turned into an epic saga like the lord of the rings trilogy, I wouldn't be shocked if they produced a big Hollywood film in the future.
Funny you say that, I am a huge Tolkien fan. In fact, I've often thought that Song of Ice and Fire if the best fantasy to come out since Tolkien.
The Lord of the Rings movies are okay, it's nice that we got them, but to me they don't hold a candle to the books. There's something missing.
The Game of Thrones series stands up really well to the Song of Ice and Fire books though, IMO.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time is what hurt the Lord of the Rings universe............I think if Tolkien had more time on this earth, books like silmarillion would have been on the level of song of ice and fire. The Silmarillion was a dark depressing book like the Song of Ice and Fire book

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Time is what hurt the Lord of the Rings universe............I think if Tolkien had more time on this earth, books like silmarillion would have been on the level of song of ice and fire. The Silmarillion was a dark depressing book like the Song of Ice and Fire book
I love The Silmarillion, but it's not a casual read. It's more for the die hard Tolkien fans. There are parts that read like a novel, but other parts seem more like a history book. It's amazing the way he created that entire world and its history, from Creation onward. I disagree that it's not on the level of Song of Ice and Fire, unless you mean it's superior. But I doubt that Tolkien would have ever really finished it, even if he had lived.

If there is something I'd love to see as an HBO series, it would be The Silmarillion. But that will never happen because Tolkien's heirs will never allow it. Which is a bit of a shame, because I think Peter Jackson's style would fit The Silmarillion better than it fit The Lord of the Rings (and certainly better than it fit The Hobbit). Not that I would want Peter Jackson to do the HBO series, I've had enough of Jackson's Middle Earth to be honest. I'd rather see someone else's vision for a change.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the silmarillion could only be pulled off in animated form, with a big multi million dollar budget, it would be hard to pull off in live action form, too expensive

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the silmarillion could only be pulled off in animated form, with a big multi million dollar budget, it would be hard to pull off in live action form, too expensive
Expensive, yes. But no animation, please. We've seen animated Tolkien before, and it wasn't done well.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think they have ruined GOT in the last few seasons, ever since they took over where the books left off.
There are a lot of strong women in the series, true. But that article isn't exactly fair to some of the men. The Mountain, for instance, is undead. The Hound can scarcely help that his face was burned, and it holds it against Tyrion that he's a dwarf. Sam may be a beta, but he's a smart guy, and they'd all be screwed without him. They didn't mention Jon Snow either, although it would not surprise me to see him eventually be subservient to Daenerys.

In any case, those strong women are strong in the books too, so it's not all on HBO.

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seen the most recent episode of Game of Thrones, nothing that great about it at all, what's the big deal? I know its one episode and out of context

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let me say it a bit differently.

Since the books ended and HBO took over.....

Which men are not weaker, subservient, or losing to women?

Tyrion could not figure out how to defend Mereen against the slavers even though he knew he had dragons on his side? He needed Dany to figure it out?!?!?

Dany kicked over a couple of braziers and burned all the "screeching" dothraki leaders?

Brienne beats the hound?

Sam is so smart but he cannot start a fire and needs Gilly to do it?

My point still stands....they killed all of the competent men and now the remaining ones MUST be subservient and weaker than women (other then Euron, but of course he must be cast as a villain).

Even Littlefinger seems clumsy and bumbling now compared to Sansa.

i kinda agree with that.... personnally don't care cause its a tv show..

but its TV and Hollywood trend to have female heroine now taking charge (all the starwars, Got etc...)

In GoT Euron GreyJoy pretty alpha in getting his crown :p

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hollywood sucks, but there are strong women in the books too.
Besides, the Hound was injured when he lost to Brienne.
Euron is a villain, but I thought half the manosphere aspired to be "bad boys" anyway. He even delivers all the classic smirking sexual remarks.

Seen the most recent episode of Game of Thrones, nothing that great about it at all, what's the big deal? I know its one episode and out of context
Nothing's for everybody, but I wouldn't recommend watching this unless you start from the beginning. It's more like a 70 hour movie than a sitcom.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your Euron point is meaningless, as one Euron villain is NOT portrayed as a role model for the average male of today, he is cast as an anti-hero. This show is now training women to be men and men to be women. And it has done so specifically against the way the books started.
As I said, I thought the manosphere wants to churn out "bad boys" as "alpha males". I would think PUAs would love the "anti-hero". Whatever.

I will grant you that the TV show is probably "worse" than the books. But both the show and the books started out showing how subordinate the women in these quasi-medieval times were, and how unimportant they were relative to the men. The surviving Starks have grown in strength and influence over the course of the story, both the males and the females.

If there are any gender problems, I see that as more a reflection of the society we live in, more than any particular evil that Game of Thrones brings in. Go to a movie theater, and you can't swing a stick without seeing feminism and globalism demonstrated in the movies. Same with other forms of media. None of this changes the fact that I find Game of Thrones highly entertaining. I'm not worried that it is going to change me into a simpering beta. If you don't like it, don't watch it.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is there a reason my analysis bothers you so? If you don't like it, don't read it.
You're stealing my line, buddy. :)

My point all along was that the books were strongly masculine and representing a time when our societies wete not being ruined by gynocratic policies and indoctrination.....the moment Hollywood had a free hand to finish it however they wanted, it was complete reversal to a liberal's wet dream fantasy.
I said that I will grant you that the show is "worse" than the books. As you point out, there is no Brienne/Hound fight in the books. But it's not entirely true that Hollywood is finishing the show however they want, GRRM has shared his story skeleton with them, and they have his input. A lot of what you object to is inherent in the story, and that includes the books.

I understand your political concerns, but to me this is some of the best television I've seen, and the best fantasy I've read since Tolkien. A few strong women and a few weak men aren't going to bother me. It's not entirely realistic, it is fantasy after all. I'm not going to get upset because it isn't "red pill" enough, nor do I think women should get upset because the show is not "feminist" enough early on. There are things feminists could get upset about if they wanted. Like Daenerys' story early on where she is sold to be Drogo's wife, who basically rapes her. Yet, she still grows to love him. That's the kind of thing feminists usually have a fit about.