Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Friendzone is a MYTH

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely spot on. And the poor friendzoned guy believes that “Things will work out; it just needs time.” He’s convinced that she will fall in love with him and upgrade him from pseudo-boyfriend to full boyfriend if they spend enough time together (or in contact). But sadly, it’s never going to happen that way.
Ive been that guy.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Ive been that guy.
I was that guy for over three years with one chick. Went out to dinner, dancing, to the park, for ice cream, etc. many times. She even slept over my house a dozen times, but insisted on sleeping on my couch. Never got more than a hug despite our apparent “connection.”

spred

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was that guy for over three years with one chick. Went out to dinner, dancing, to the park, for ice cream, etc. many times. She even slept over my house a dozen times, but insisted on sleeping on my couch. Never got more than a hug despite our apparent “connection.”
This is exactly what am I going through since 2,5 years. Today is day 7 of no contact.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is exactly what am I going through since 2,5 years. Today is day 7 of no contact.
Then (after 3 years) one night before we headed out dancing, she said she had to leave immediately after the dance. She suddenly drops that she’s dating a guy, and he was not happy about her and I hanging out.

We went dancing that night for a few hours. She was staring into space and she suddenly burst out laughing hard when the DJ played “Hot stuff baby tonite.” The dance ended and she raced over to his place at midnight. You can fill in the blanks:rolleyes:

Last edited:

The_Hand_Of_God

Don Juan
Reaction score
You be warned/careful. At some point, she’s going to drop that she’s dating someone else, and that news is going to hurt.

Being in friendzone/limbo/“breadcrumb land” is easy to tolerate with a cute chick that is single. But once she drops the name of her new guy that she’s dating, then ouch.
It's a very painful ouch aswell. And then they start going distant n cold with you even as a 'friend' and your sat there thinking 'what the **** did i do wrong to her?'.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a very painful ouch aswell. And then they start going distant n cold with you even as a 'friend' and your sat there thinking 'what the **** did i do wrong to her?'.
You have to understand that long term friendships mean nothing to women as they do to men. Women see friends as replaceable and temporary, men don’t.

The_Hand_Of_God

Don Juan
Reaction score
You have to understand that long term friendships mean nothing to women as they do to men. Women see friends as replaceable and temporary, men don’t.
Learned this the hard way. In my situation she literally went from speaking most days, sending snapchats etc everything too one word answers and never starting or even trying to have a conversation. Like wasn't even gradual she just suddenly switched. I've actually gave up trying to figure out why as it is exhausting.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Learned this the hard way. In my situation she literally went from speaking most days, sending snapchats etc everything too one word answers and never starting or even trying to have a conversation. Like wasn't even gradual she just suddenly switched. I've actually gave up trying to figure out why as it is exhausting.
Just be glad she isn’t trying to use you, I’d rather they do what she’s doing.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I almost ruined myself hanging around in the friendzone for almost 3 years. Looking back I know exactly why it happened, I was in a bad place self esteem wise for the past year before I met her. My luck with dating had hit a rut and I was racking up rejection after rejection and had never had to work through anything like that. So when I met her and we went on like 5 dates it didn’t take me long to start getting relaxed because I hadn’t had any luck the past year prior to that. I started to simp, be a nice guy, do everything wrong even though I knew I was wrong when I did it. The problem is I couldn’t stop. So she Friendzone me and instead of walking away I agreed to meet up to go to a concert with her like 4 weeks later. That’s when **** took off. We spent the entire summer together doing everything under the sun, except sex of course lol well after 6-7 months of this I’m hooked. I even tried going on dates with other girls but I wasn’t giving my whole self to them because I was only doing it to keep from falling in love with the other girl. Wasn’t working. Finally after a year and a half we had a fight and didn’t speak for 5 months. Thought I was free, I started dating this really awesome girl too not even 2 weeks after our fallout. Well she sees the pics of us on Facebook and sends me a message “I miss us, I miss our friendship, I miss our good times.” Well I stupidly agreed to meet up with her for a drink and fell in love all over again, told her so. She was like “sorry I don’t feel that way, but I need you in my life. Blah blah blah” Well I thought fine I can be a friend. Nope. Things were never the same as before and for the next year she got to where she’d always ask for favors and hit me up only when she wanted something. My relationship with the other girl suffered because my mind was elsewhere and it showed. I lost her and was needing to get out of this Friendzone situation where I lost myself and my self respect. The girl who once was a fun decent friend wasn’t looking at me the same or treating me the same and I hated it.

Toddz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bottom line in this thread should be this:

You meet a chick that you are attracted to, ask her out and attempt to seduce her into bed. The seduction is a simple process and she will put of signals that she is open to the seduction or not. The signals are not verbal. You escalate until you have sex with her. If at any point in time she does not reciprocate your advances, you move on. She has low IL and you are wasting your time. The guys that sit around attempting to turn a low IL chick into a high IL are friend zoned.

Now it is your job to seduce her. That can be the tricky part if you're not familiar with seduction.

DonJuanjr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've actually gave up trying to figure out why as it is exhausting.
You've filled your role, and now she's discarding you. Simple as that. Though once her heart gets broken in the future, your role is needed again... Whether you tolerate it or not is up to you..

I'm friends with the first girl that friend zoned me. I did fvck her back then, but became a beta biitch about it. I tried to see if I could spark desire again, and just not experienced/smooth enough to pull it off. Though I decided if I couldn't, I'd remain her friend as I don't care if she's interested or not. I just tried, to see if I could. What I won't do as her friend is A)fix shjt for her, and B)listen to her complain about guys/life. I'll just cut the convo short if she tries it. At some point, maybe she'll either set me up with some female friends, or we can go out and get drinks as friends, and I can have her as social proof for other females.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve only read the first couple pages of this thread due to time constraints, so the following comment may be relevant or may not.

I observe that the friend zone is a place where a woman’s “pseudo-boyfriends” are kept. Her male friend partially fulfills her desire for a boyfriend. He is a temporary stand-in, giving her a vague feeling of being desired in place of the empty feeling of having no man in her life. He can also be the pseudo-boyfriend when she’s not with her real boyfriend. In that case, she smooths out the spikes and valleys of loneliness by having her “friend” at her beck and call.

In short, she uses her male friends as a drug to numb her from the pain of fluctuating attention. If you are the “friend” of a woman, you are a token that is being used by her to avoid anxiety spikes.
Which is why I've been intentionally seeking more male friends. When youre around women a lot, you start to feel shallow and bored. And yes, feel like youre being used for them.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then (after 3 years) one night before we headed out dancing, she said she had to leave immediately after the dance. She suddenly drops that she’s dating a guy, and he was not happy about her and I hanging out.

We went dancing that night for a few hours. She was staring into space and she suddenly burst out laughing hard when the DJ played “Hot stuff baby tonite.” The dance ended and she raced over to his place at midnight. You can fill in the blanks:rolleyes:
You'll get more sympathy here. You were a typical nice guy, and she used you. You got no sex in return. It's a common thing, and don't feel too ashamed by it. That's why some of us in this thread cringed when you wrote this. We've both seen it and been there. Guys basically being used as emotional tampons while she doesn't even give him the time of the day. Women aren't meant to be your friends. They're for sex, and as long as we can save another man from that trap, a good deed has been done.

Redwolf

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Disagree.....

Maybe pickup artists and dating coaches do use warning of the friendzone to motivate guys to take action,but they didn't create it for that purpose. The friendzone was around LONG BEFORE the PUA movement started.

The friendzone IS REAL. I know it is,because I fell in it one,two.....10,000 times before.....in my younger days before I "got" it.

I have a PHD in Friendzonology. NO ONE got friendzoned more than I did. It happened so much,I actually got to the point I could "sense" it starting to happen with a girl before it even came to pass....but I couldn't stop it from happening because I didn't know what I was doing that was causing it. I know NOW....but it was a NIGHTMARE back in my late teens to early 20s.

You DO. Letting a girl know you have interest as soon as possible gives you the BEST CHANCE of making something romantic/sexual happening. There's no NEUTRAL GROUND with a woman as far as HER EMOTIONS/FEELINGS are concerned.
She either sees you in a sexual light....or she don't. She either feels something towards you......or she don't.

Have you ever walked into a room at night? There's two ways you can have darkness in a room.

1: You can turn the light switch off.

Know what the other is? You can walk into a room that's already dark...and simply DO NOTHING.....as in don't flip the switch on.

With a woman,you can TURN HER OFF......either by your words or behavior. Or,you can do NOTHING......as in don't show interest....talk to her as just another person on the planet. If she's at a counter,you walk up,conduct your business,then go on. You didn't turn her off with some attraction-killing words or behavior,but you didn't flirt/compliment/show sexual interest either.

If you come in contact with her MULTIPLE TIMES,over a long period of time....NOT SHOWING INTEREST....she'll get used to you being that way. In essense,you'll get friendzoned by DEFAULT.

This is why when a guy does finally make a move on a chick he's had lots of contact with WITHOUT being sexual or showing some type of interest,you get the "I don't see you THAT WAY".....or "I don't like you LIKE THAT" type comments.

It's not the girl's fault.

Ok,question.....

You say the girl has to have feelings first before the action to work,that you have to get her emotions invested BEFORE being upfront can be effective. Ok......HOW? How do you do this?

I'm in a store....see some cute chick I've never seen before,would like to take her out. I say you have to be upfront about your interest.
You say I have to get her emotionally invested FIRST. How would you suggest this be done? I do KINDA agree with you.

Uhh......true......but......this is kinda OFF TOPIC. I'm going by THE TITLE of this thread. It's not about whether she reciprocates or not. Not about whether she rejects you or not. It's about whether the friendzone is a MYTH or not.....her saying yes or no to a date with you has NO BEARING on that.

And I'm saying being upfront WILL AUTOMATICALLY KILL ANY CHANCES of you getting friendzoned......whether she says yes or no.

If she says yes,you get a date.
If she says no,you move on to the next girl.

Where's the friendzone in that?

ok....uhhh.....kinda too much to unpack here. Maybe some guys do this: I don't know. I just know I DON'T.

MY purpose in being upfront is to IMMEDIATELY present myself as a possible sexual option. See this way,she CAN'T SAY "I don't see you that way" because I presented myself "that way" FROM THE VERY BEGINNING. She knows from the getgo I see her sexually....as a WOMAN. I inserted the idea of HER AND I into her mind. Whether she accepts it or rejects it...that's up to her......but IT'S THERE.

I agree. MY POINT....is that that emotional investment has to have A BEGINNING. It has to start from somewhere.

And while emotional investment TAKES TIME..........a SPARK DOES NOT. A spark can be generated in AN INSTANT........hence,MY PURPOSE in being upfront.

OK.......I think there's a slight distinction that needs to be understood here.....

You said if a woman in a 3 year relationship breaks it off and goes with a new guy,do we think the new guy won her over cause he "spilled his guts" right away to her.

I don't think showing interest in a woman...and "spilling your guts" is the same thing. If I see some random chick I want to talk to,showing my interest just means I find her attractive and want to take her out.........not that I "love" or have deep feelings for her. She knows she's not special,cause I could LITERALLY turn my head,see another girl,and be just as attracted to her or more. She KNOWS that.

"Spilling your guts" suggests FEELINGS. I can't have feelings/an emotional bond towards some chick I just saw for the first time ever. If you approach a girl giving out that type of vibe,you're right.....she'll run for the hills.

Well I disagree with you on this one. I have enough friendzone experiences TO KNOW the sh1t IS REAL. I also know what causes it.......and I'm telling you......being upfront with your interest GREATLY DECREASES your chances of getting friendzoned.

I didn't say you'd automatically get the girl. Just that the hurdle of possibly getting friendzoned would be removed.
I agree with most of this. In my experience you need to let her know that you are interested in her very early on. If she goes along with it great. If her response is one of disinterest you remove all attention from her and walk away.

Men are in the friend zone because they allow themselves to be. Cut off the attention and walk away.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with most of this. In my experience you need to let her know that you are interested in her very early on. If she goes along with it great. If her response is one of disinterest you remove all attention from her and walk away.

Men are in the friend zone because they allow themselves to be. Cut off the attention and walk away.
Agree completely.

Most guys stall in the FZ by not expressing interest due to many possible reasons:

1. (Most common.)They already sense that she’s not attracted and don’t really want to find out for sure. Ignorance is bliss. So they cling to the hope that she’ll grow attached over time and the outcome will improve. Good luck with that lol.

2. She’s taken at the moment.

3. She’s a coworker, so there’s no risk free way to express interest.

4. She’s a social circle (or work/school) chick, and he’s worried about being a target of gossip if she isn’t interested. (If she agrees to date you, she has a vested interest to keep it quiet. If she rejects you, she will tell everyone because it’s juicy gossip. And it’s a subtle humblebrag that she rejected you because she’s out of your league.)

5. He’s a shy or inexperienced guy who is afraid to let her know or doesn’t know how.

6. Tied to #1. If she rejects him for dating, things will probably get awkward, and he’ll lose her as a friend also. And he’s bent on keeping her in his life (even as a fake friendship) because he’s obsessed with her. So he’s afraid to “rock the boat” at all.

I’m not endorsing any of these reasons. Just explaining how friendzoned guys sometimes think.

Last edited:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We can agree to disagree on the existence of “friendzone.”

But it’s generally understood to mean that you have no chance with a girl because of one of two reasons:

1. You are not her type physically, and she can never see herself being intimate with you. It’s over before it started.

2. She was attracted to you for a while, but you did not show interest in dating her during that time. She gave up on you and lost any romantic/sexual interest in you.

The reason PUA gurus harp on making a move quickly is because a lot of guys wait too long and end up in #2. (If you’re in #1, whether you wait or act is a moot point.)

But I agree with you that moving TOO QUICKLY is also counterproductive. She might like your look, but if she hasn’t developed any feelings or “chemistry” yet, and you hit on her, you will weird her out.*

*This whole discussion presumes that it’s a social circle chick that you have a fair amount of time to interact with. (Not a random encounter or ONS pickup.)
I think to handle being in the "friendzone" is just to not take it so seriously - the chick is like a sale that hasn't been finalized, and may never get finalized. If you have opportunities with other women, then by all means pursue them; of course, if you have no other options, then the friendzone is your only hope, Obi-Wan. :mad: What you definitely cannot get yourself into is being the tampon hearing about her love life with other men; should that ever happen, you should give the cold shoulder indicating that you are not to be used in that way.

A period of friendzoning with a chick who is (or mostly is) chaste could be worth in that she won't have romantic hysteresis, which is a problem with the chicks that have the 100-c0ck stare.