Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Food shortages

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Panic buying creates shortages and it can be hard to predict, because it often isn't logical. I remember the first corona shopper mob who hit the grocery store near me picked it clean of every potato, except the sweet potatoes. No one touched them, the bin was overflowing, because people are dumb and don't understand nutrition. There are people who think they are going to starve if the local McDonald's shuts down for a few days. Some shortages will be irrelevant to survival.

Stuffnu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
More elitist game playing...
There’s no shortage on profits!!!

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What happens when the hungry people eat the deer faster than they can replicate?
My cow is going to need an armed body guard. I imagine chickens would start getting some respect, too. It's not that hard to feed yourself if you live in a place where doing so was common when people used to do such a thing. A meal worm farm in a plastic bin would feed an urban family. The dried worms grind into a very nutritious protein powder. It's a lot less gross than starving to death.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What happens when the hungry people eat the deer faster than they can replicate?
Deer are overrunning everything because they have no natural predators in most places anymore. No wolves, no bears, only cars and hunters during a month or two of hunting season.

I live in a residential neighborhood and literally see deer walking down the middle of our street in broad daylight a few times a week. They are like the neighborhood pets.

Stop being ridiculous like 80% of the country is going to be eating dirt otherwise. These things are always way overblown and in reality are nowhere near as bad as they claim when they use worst case scenarios.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To clarify, when I say food shortages, I mean wordwide. Places like the United States and France will notice a price increase, places like Germany and China are looking at economic depressions with more severe shortages, and places like Egypt and Pakistan are looking at famine. I want to put the word out to our fellow sosauvers around the word that life is going to change. How it will change will depend on your individual circumstances and where you live.

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Panic buying creates shortages and it can be hard to predict, because it often isn't logical. I remember the first corona shopper mob who hit the grocery store near me picked it clean of every potato, except the sweet potatoes. No one touched them, the bin was overflowing, because people are dumb and don't understand nutrition. There are people who think they are going to starve if the local McDonald's shuts down for a few days. Some shortages will be irrelevant to survival.
Local burger king is worth $48.52- $48.78

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. There's no point on stocking up anyway, if we reach the point of global food shortages there will be mass rioting and looting and food will become the least of your worries. If anything, it'll make you a more viable target.
Having an off the grid farm in the middle of the mountains somewhere seems like a Nice scenario.

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop being ridiculous like 80% of the country is going to be eating dirt otherwise. These things are always way overblown and in reality are nowhere near as bad as they claim when they use worst case scenarios.
In the west, about 80-90% of the population relies on industrialized agriculture for food. Most people born in the post-WWII era do not know how to hunt or grow their own food. If the food supply chain collapses, there will be mass starvation, no doubt about it. You are not going to transition 300 million people from buying food at the supermarket to hunting deer and growing their own produce. America has the highest rates of civilian gun ownership in the world and even then, two thirds of American do not own a gun. Very few Americans own a sufficient amount of arable land to grow crops that could feed a family. And things are exponentially worse in Europe in that regard.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
In the west, about 80-90% of the population relies on industrialized agriculture for food. Most people born in the post-WWII era do not know how to hunt or grow their own food. If the food supply chain collapses, there will be mass starvation, no doubt about it. You are not going to transition 300 million people from buying food at the supermarket to hunting deer and growing their own produce. America has the highest rates of civilian gun ownership in the world and even then, two thirds of American do not own a gun. Very few Americans own a sufficient amount of arable land to grow crops that could feed a family. And things are exponentially worse in Europe in that regard.
It's just not going to happen.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree. There's no point on stocking up anyway, if we reach the point of global food shortages there will be mass rioting and looting and food will become the least of your worries. If anything, it'll make you a more viable target.
Yes, the supply stocks will quickly draw down, and men will revert to a pre-Agricultural-Revolution form. A Mad Max dystopia would probably result.

On the bright side, feminism will vanish. :)

BTW, I love the way the ruffians in the Mad Max movies put their captives in the front of the vehicles.

Last edited:

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's just not going to happen.
Why is it "just not going to happen"? I take it you are not a student of history. If you were, you would have found no shortage of examples (many of them quite recent) of mass starvation. Some examples include the Irish Potato Famine of the 1840's (which killed a quarter of the Irish population), Soviet famines of the 1920's and 1930's that killed millions of people, The Great Chinese Famine of 1959-1961 (50 million dead), the North Korean famine of the 1990's (3 million dead), not to mention countless smaller famines in Africa and Asia. And if anything, history tends to repeat itself.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why is it "just not going to happen"?

I've found a couple of good comments from Steve Kirsch's blog that may help explain it (it's a anti-covaxx blog, but it applies to anything "conspiracy" related):

"You’ve identified the very root of the problem. A large portion of people live a pretty good life and subconsciously believe that their good life is in part due to the people in charge."

And from a child comment:

"They believe that pointing out the widespread corruption of a system in which they've done well will (to some degree) invalidate their success."

Of course, their protection of their "Success Validation" puts the rest of us at huge risk.

Last edited:

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Foods that don't expiry if you want to stockpile your food. Hurry before the more shelves empty in your local area!

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bought a bunch if Lentils, Spit peas and rice. If push comes to shove I will just turn vegan as rice and leguimes and lentils should provide adequate nutrition and save storage space and costs.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The local grocer had half the lights off. If they are doing that to save energy costs then you know its really bad.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The local grocer had half the lights off. If they are doing that to save energy costs then you know its really bad.
Yikes. And just wait until the Green energy policies kick in.